Uploads
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Time Online
    104 d 6 h 37 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 31 m

Any tips to changing my IP?

So I'm ip banned from neo now on my home ip after getting frozen a crap load of times, and today got on a few shells to cause some havoc in the TC . But now I'm kinda screwed since I hate proxies with a passion and I don't know how to change my ip so I can start under a new name... I have a dynamic ip address so I restarted my modem and left it off for an hour, which I heard apparently changes it, but it didn't... The only other way I can think of is doing a full on factory reset but the last time I did that... Let's just say I couldn't figure out how to put all the setting back, went without internet for a week, and had to pay a few hundred bucks for some service guy to fix it so don't really wanna go through that again . Any other ways I can change it? Or do I just have to use proxies from now on?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Time Online
    21 d 11 h 1 m
    Avg. Time Online
    19 m
    You could set up a VPN connection and connect to it before you get on.
    http://clraik.com/forum/showthread.p...VPN-w-Pictures!

It works well with disguising my IP address and doesn't slow down my internet at all.

Dragon's Sin of Wrath

Academy City
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,554 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Time Online
    327 d 12 h 37 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 50 m
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Kurowaru
    HotspotShield sounds nice for you...
    Or... You can call your ISP to tell them to renew your IP address...

Underground
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,354 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Time Online
    109 d 12 h 34 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 35 m
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D4NGL
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtoneopet1 View Post
    So I'm ip banned from neo now on my home ip after getting frozen a crap load of times, and today got on a few shells to cause some havoc in the TC . But now I'm kinda screwed since I hate proxies with a passion and I don't know how to change my ip so I can start under a new name... I have a dynamic ip address so I restarted my modem and left it off for an hour, which I heard apparently changes it, but it didn't... The only other way I can think of is doing a full on factory reset but the last time I did that... Let's just say I couldn't figure out how to put all the setting back, went without internet for a week, and had to pay a few hundred bucks for some service guy to fix it so don't really wanna go through that again . Any other ways I can change it? Or do I just have to use proxies from now on?
    call your internet provider.
    i'm ip banned as well.
    hvent bothered to change ip though.
    i just used elite proxies. so i could keep up with my accts when i was acct building. and i got bored of that so i'm onto diff things using VPN's and other things

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Time Online
    7 d 11 h 3 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 m
    I have dynamic ip, and never been ban, but i have couple methods that you can try to get a new ip. go cmd and do /ip release (ipconfig /release). You can also press the reset button at the back of your modem which should also help reset your ip. Another method is leave your modem unplug for a couple hours, leave it over night and u should have a brand new ip by morning. Another method to force a new ip that i guarantee will work is go to your router setting and change the MAC address (i usually change the last 2 digit). Once you do that, you will lose connection cause router / modem can't communicate with each other. Now unplug your router and modem, power cycle, wait 2-5 minutes, then plug it back in, you should have a new ip. I hope one of the method i mention work, if not try everything i listed below.

Try Hotspot shield, there is a free version and there are also cracked premium version. Cracked preminum can be found through Torrent site.

Have you try Tor Browser? It's a firefox browser based proxy that provides new identity every time you open TOR.

Hideman is also another one, there is a free version for a certain amount of hours, and it refill once a week. hideman also have a pay version.

Okayfreedom is another proxy, the free version is counted by the amount of data you use, the more you use, the faster it runs out. It does not refill. I believe they gives the free user couple gigabytes. They also have a pay version.

Hidemyass is pretty popular, both free and pay is available.

Foxyproxy is also popular too, free, simple add-on for firefox

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 d 17 h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    8 m
    ;look on youtube for vid tut

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 h 45 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    There's many vpn out there. I usually use Hotspot shield, Hola vpn, and Vypervpn.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Time Online
    15 d 2 h 15 m
    Avg. Time Online
    15 m
    Well other than the above proxies everyone listed as it was mentioned before call your ISP first. I mean if you have a dynamic IP it should change right away after u nplug your modem and replug after 5 mins. I do it all the time when I get banned in games other than neo.

Cali
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Time Online
    19 d 9 h 23 m
    Avg. Time Online
    21 m
    I see a lot of people have already given suggestions, but from my own experience; If you have a static IP like I used to have, you either have to call your ISP or try to unplug your modem from everything and leave it all unplugged for 24+ hours. I've had my own static IP reset from keeping it unplugged over night + an 8hr work shift.

Truly though, just give your ISP a call. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

Or invest in a VPN. I use HideIPVPN and it's great. I have about 10 personal VPNs/country, and I think there's 3-5 countries. (p.s. in the Netherlands, file sharing is legal. Therefore, just put your vpn's location to the netherlands and download whatever you want without raising suspicion)

EDIT: Didn't realize how old this thread was, I think there's some good info on this page that newer users can come back to though