34/2
    Mentioned
    179 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Dem Boys

Well, since spam is so dead I decided to share a piece of my life that might make some conversation.

So, as most of you know, I am a freshman. As in high school freshman. Yes, yes, I know, I'm young for being on clraik, but oh well. Back on topic, I am very set on not dating till I'm sixteen, which is in about a year and a half. Sadly, despite me having this being something very important to me I have had someone that's been becoming rather close to me. On another depressing note, he is my best friend's older sister's ex, making it difficult for me to spend time with him AND my best friend, considering the fact that she hates his guts. I may also add that her older sister broke up with him, without giving him a reason, so there is actually no reason for her hating him. So, this guy asked me to homecoming, but I said no; though I explained to him the whole best friend dilemma. When I went to the dance however, he was planted right in the middle of a group of girls that were all over him. He also ignored me the whole time. I'm sure you can tell that it lessened my opinion of him, especially when he acted like nothing happened when we were talking the next day. So, I've been trying to lower him back down to "friend" status, but now he's talking to me less and this concerns me because I do like him, a lot. I am pretty much going back and forth between just not talking to him as much anymore or telling him how I feel. So pretty much, I'm wondering what I should do.. :/

Anyway, my annoying, dramatic little girl moment is over. Have fun judging my personality. (:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Ahhh high school drama, I love it. Not being a negative douche or anything, just saying. There's nothing like it, it's weird- all that sort of stuff with boy drama and what not. High schoolers are fun.
    Anyone who plays silly games and does petty stuff isn't worth it.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/2
    Mentioned
    179 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Ahhh high school drama, I love it. Not being a negative douche or anything, just saying. There's nothing like it, it's weird- all that sort of stuff with boy drama and what not. High schoolers are fun.
    Anyone who plays silly games and does petty stuff isn't worth it.
    And here comes one of the main reasons that I come on this site: intelligent beings that give a wake up call saying, "Stop being a little bitch." I know, I should just not care about it, so I will attempt to just not let it bug me. Thank you, I shall now attempt to going back to being an intelligent person.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleys165 View Post
    And here comes one of the main reasons that I come on this site: intelligent beings that give a wake up call saying, "Stop being a little bitch." I know, I should just not care about it, so I will attempt to just not let it bug me. Thank you, I shall now attempt to going back to being an intelligent person.
    Nah, you're not being a little bitch You're just being a teenager. It's an essential part of socializing and stuff, dealing with petty drama. It's healthy for you, just don't let it get too outta hand.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/2
    Mentioned
    179 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Nah, you're not being a little bitch You're just being a teenager. It's an essential part of socializing and stuff, dealing with petty drama. It's healthy for you, just don't let it get too outta hand.
    Bleh, I just enjoy being mature and knowing how to handle things. Haha I'm such a control freak. And trust me, I don't plan on letting it go any farther than this. I just spew all my crap on here so I won't end up doing it in real life.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

Re: Dem Boys

Aye another high schooler!

I'm 15 as well and deal with stupid shit...but I usually just deal with drama by not sugarcoating anything or trying to maintain friendships. It surprisingly has heightened my friends' opinions of me, because they know that I won't fake anything around them or try to bullshit my way out of sticky situations. It's done wonders. The only problem I've had with it is that I jump to conclusions a bit too fast. That's landed me in some crap but it isn't too hard to climb out of it. But yeah, this has just helped me out alot, but it took a long time to develop. But it might help you as well. Different strokes, though.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/2
    Mentioned
    179 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    Aye another high schooler!

I'm 15 as well and deal with stupid shit...but I usually just deal with drama by not sugarcoating anything or trying to maintain friendships. It surprisingly has heightened my friends' opinions of me, because they know that I won't fake anything around them or try to bullshit my way out of sticky situations. It's done wonders. The only problem I've had with it is that I jump to conclusions a bit too fast. That's landed me in some crap but it isn't too hard to climb out of it. But yeah, this has just helped me out alot, but it took a long time to develop. But it might help you as well. Different strokes, though.
    Ah, yes, the blunt approach. My solution to almost everything. Might I say that I agree with you, very much. This was the plan, but at the same time I don't even know if he was worth my time. The crap that happens in high school... Can't wait till I'm out.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    831 times
    Time Online
    109d 7h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    its times like this that make me regret being forever alone in high school.
    and i'm still in high school too ._.

Don't try to pretend to be someone else around a guy, really. it won't make your situation any better, and I feel sometimes guys can tell when you want their attention?
    In the end, this guy looks kinda embarrassed that you turned him down for the dance, and wanted to show you that he could get a date/not care that you rejected him by surrounding himself with other girls.

completely ignoring it (even though its hard QQ) seems the best in this situation. you'll do just fine! :3
    if i never got the situation correctly sorry
    i just wanted to talk sobs

9. The Following User Says Thank You to simmie For This Useful Post:

Maki (10-09-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    What he did at the dance just makes him seem pretty immature. If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time with someone who would ignore me, just seems spiteful. I've watched a lot of my friends spend months and months dwelling over boys and in the end they regret wasting so much time over it. And it probably isn't worth losing a friend over. High school is a time to have fun, if a guy would ignore you he isn't even worth it, guarantee you'll find someone who will treat you better than that throughout your four years of high school

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    3 things:

1. What did you expect? You basically rejected him, he's either pissed off at you for it, or saddened by it and trying to get over you by dropping contact and filling up the hole you made with other girls. To anyone, there's no point in maintaining contact with someone they like if they were rejected and the thought of which only brings them down.

2. You shouldn't let model ideals determine how you'll live, even if you are only a freshman. Age is only a number; it's maturity that matters. One day you'll be 15, the next you'll be 16. Yet you will still be the same person; is it really logical that you'll go all out on doing the things you wanted to when you turn 16 just 'cause you told yourself you couldn't when you were 15 (for example)? Life's all about opportunities that come and go if you don't grab them in the moment. Just be smart about things, be mature. Dating =/= sex, if that's one of your concerns at your age.

3. High school is high school. There'll be drama any way you look at it if you want to enjoy those years. You can minimize it with the actions you take, but it's still gonna hit you; high schoolers make drama their hobby. Just keep rollin' and don't let it get to you.

---

You need to assess whether he's mature and trustworthy too (most HSers aren't though and will tell their friends). If so, then get him in private and tell him what's on your mind, discuss a solution together.

If you really like him, then go for it before he loses complete interest and picks up another chick.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

fingerprints (10-10-2013),simmie (10-09-2013)