Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    2d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Shared account for guild site?

Sorry if this is not the appropriate place to ask..

I am part of a small, close-knit guild. I'm not on the council or sub (yet).. but I am itching to organize our 'site'.
    I want to suggest using a shared account so multiple people can update/edit the site. I'm done with school but most of the council and therefore the site editors are still in college/uni (we're all 18+) so I actually have time to update it.

So my question is: how feasible is this idea of sharing an account (not using VPNs)? I don't really know how TNT monitors how many IP addresses access a single account.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 19h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I'd say if you make sure you all log in at reasonably far enough times, you should be okay. As in, one of you logs in from some place at 8AM, then another person should wait a couple of hours before doing the same. It's still pretty risky though, I wouldn't recommend it.

I would suggest perhaps trying to find some suitable proxies from the same area (perhaps the same city) so that even though your IP might change it will seem more normal than first logging in from the US and then, two hours later, logging in from Australia, for example.

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'd say: NO!
    First of all, you need to know the users that are supposed to share the account. And, by all means, someone might just play friendly, but will use the account to his/her own advantage. And then there's TNT which is... well... what's the english word for "unvorhersehbar"? Unpredictable?

also, if you need to updfate your guild site, why not using petpages? In general, you'd have room for four pages, not to mention your possible sideaccounts.
    Second, every member can help out by doing their tghing on their own petpages. So, if everyone has his/her own territory, they can update whenever neccessary.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Externica For This Useful Post:

Corliss (10-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 19h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Externica View Post
    I'd say: NO!
    First of all, you need to know the users that are supposed to share the account. And, by all means, someone might just play friendly, but will use the account to his/her own advantage. And then there's TNT which is... well... what's the english word for "unvorhersehbar"? Unpredictable?

also, if you need to updfate your guild site, why not using petpages? In general, you'd have room for four pages, not to mention your possible sideaccounts.
    Second, every member can help out by doing their tghing on their own petpages. So, if everyone has his/her own territory, they can update whenever neccessary.
    This is a much better idea. I hadn't thought of a guild member abusing the shared account. I can understand wanting to keep the guild webbie in one place but if you want more updating efficiency and safety, have links on the "main" webbie page to all the other areas (say events, rules, requirements) and then have your guild friends make a page each and pick what area they want to be in charge of updaing (so perhaps Friend One will maintain the Rules page on /~randompet, Friend Two will keep the requirements page updated on her pet Blah's petpage /~Blah, etc.) That works well too because if one person becomes in active or lazy then you can easily have the main page keeper change the link to that page to another page and have someone else manage that section from then on.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    2d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Drina View Post
    This is a much better idea. I hadn't thought of a guild member abusing the shared account. I can understand wanting to keep the guild webbie in one place but if you want more updating efficiency and safety, have links on the "main" webbie page to all the other areas (say events, rules, requirements) and then have your guild friends make a page each and pick what area they want to be in charge of updaing (so perhaps Friend One will maintain the Rules page on /~randompet, Friend Two will keep the requirements page updated on her pet Blah's petpage /~Blah, etc.) That works well too because if one person becomes in active or lazy then you can easily have the main page keeper change the link to that page to another page and have someone else manage that section from then on.
    Well we use petpages as our 'site'. The problem is that the people in charge of some of the pet pages are so busy with school that they haven't really been able to update.
    There would be a maximum of 5 people sharing an account only to update the pages - I think 3/5 people know each other IRL.

It's not worth it I guess.
    I just have to find a way to get the people in charge to let me help organize stuff because it's killing my OCD, lol.

Thanks @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links).
    -
    P.S. - someone feel free to lock this, I just wanted some advice.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyan For This Useful Post:

Corliss (10-10-2013),Externica (10-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 19h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyan View Post
    Well we use petpages as our 'site'. The problem is that the people in charge of some of the pet pages are so busy with school that they haven't really been able to update.
    There would be a maximum of 5 people sharing an account only to update the pages - I think 3/5 people know each other IRL.

It's not worth it I guess.
    I just have to find a way to get the people in charge to let me help organize stuff because it's killing my OCD, lol.

Thanks @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links).
    -
    P.S. - someone feel free to lock this, I just wanted some advice.
    You could always ask the council if you could take over some of the duties. I'm sure they won't mind.