12/0
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    21d 23h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Unhappy wow ok wow lemme say a thing

wow so ok my friend is sort of making me feel bad about myself like when my kitten gets up on high places i don't want him to get up to, i pick him up and drop him on the ground, and sometimes he just doesn't feel like landing on his feet and just chills on his side after i drop him (it's really not high up, maybe 3 ft max
    sometimes when he's in my room and gets on my desk, i pick him up and like toss him a couple feet away and ignore him and he's never had any issues
    and like today he got up near our windowsill and so i'm sitting on the couch doing homework and i pick him up and drop him on the ground next to the couch and she just says "i don't think you should throw him like that, like he's growing and that's bad for his joints. i don't do that to my dog, i just don't throw animals." and i was like well he doesn't have any issues and he's totally healthy so um...??? and she was like "he's only 6 months he's still growing i don't know if it's the same for cats but i don't throw my dog"
    liek
    i didn't
    even throw him
    i dropped him
    3 feet
    he's a cat
    he's jumped from our kitchen table before

also like i turned on the ac bc it was 80 deg in our apt and i was like ok i'm sort of cool now so you can turn off the ac and i asked her to turn it off and she was like "oh good thing you remembered this time"
    exCUSE me
    it was hot as balls just because you can handle 80 deg doesn't mean i can ok if i'm sweating in my own apt that's not ok
    also i've never forgotten to turn off the ac after i'm done cooling our place down? like i've forgotten the fan in my room but i'm in and out of it so often like ??? once she turned off the fan in my room while i was still sleeping in there like if i don't have the fan on in my room i can't sleep that's just
    uERFGH

she's one of my closest friends tho and my two other housemates are also all close with me and her and so i can't complain to them and i just
    UGH
    sometimes she just makes me feel bad like sorry i'm trying to teach the cat not to climb up on the wrong places and like sorry i'm not a fan of an 80 deg apt but our electricity bill was only like 70 bucks last month and we have four people and i ran the ac all the time
    ok

ok i'm going to bed
    ugh

ok bye luv u all

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I guess the question that comes to mind is: If it's okay to discipline a cat this way, why can't I do it with a baby human?

Don't throw animals around. In my opinion, it is kind of fucked up. Spray them with a water bottle or use some sort of noise deterrent.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Arsura (10-07-2013),Lindsay (10-07-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    21d 23h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I guess the question that comes to mind is: If it's okay to discipline a cat this way, why can't I do it with a baby human?

Don't throw animals around. In my opinion, it is kind of fucked up. Spray them with a water bottle or use some sort of noise deterrent.
    That's the thing though, I've already tried water and noise deterrents. And seriously, I don't throw him around like some sort of rag doll. :/
    Has a cat ever jumped from your arms? A dog? He jumps from our kitchen table to the ground, which is at least 4.5 feet high. I drop him gently down while holding him from maybe 3 feet tops.

And when I toss him away from my table, I'm not chucking him away. I'm not fucking throwing him across my room. I lower myself down and bring the cat out away from the direction he's in.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavendrae View Post
    That's the thing though, I've already tried water and noise deterrents. And seriously, I don't throw him around like some sort of rag doll. :/
    Has a cat ever jumped from your arms? A dog? He jumps from our kitchen table to the ground, which is at least 4.5 feet high. I drop him gently down while holding him from maybe 3 feet tops.

And when I toss him away from my table, I'm not chucking him away. I'm not fucking throwing him across my room. I lower myself down and bring the cat out away from the direction he's in.
    I am no animal lover. In fact, I would never take on an animal by myself. I'm simply saying that if I had an animal, I wouldn't do anything to it that I wouldn't do to a child, but then again, realize you're dealing with someone who has never had to be solely responsible for anything larger than a hermit crab.

Maybe @(you need an account to see links) can help. She's an animal enthusiast.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Arsura (10-07-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    21d 23h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I am no animal lover. In fact, I would never take on an animal by myself. I'm simply saying that if I had an animal, I wouldn't do anything to it that I wouldn't do to a child, but then again, realize you're dealing with someone who has never had to be solely responsible for anything larger than a hermit crab.

Maybe @(you need an account to see links) can help. She's an animal enthusiast.
    Look, I really don't mean to be rude, but why would you tell me something like that unless you've had experience with it yourself?
    Calling my behavior fucked up without really knowing how I treat my cat is ridiculous. I love my cat and wouldn't do anything I thought was harmful toward him.

Please let's just leave it at that. I came here to rant and get something off my chest. That's all.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    @(you need an account to see links):

1. You said more than "a thing". You said two.

2. @(you need an account to see links), she never mentioned she threw her cat or other pets in her OP, just dropped (3 ft. tops).

3. Lavy, don't be too offended by Wrath; he likes to rustle people's jimmies, but is a good chap at heart (I think, <3).

4. 3 ft. is a low risk for cat injury, but still not recommended. If a cat falls on its own jump, nothing you can do; but if it falls 'cause of you, that's not very cool. Be a cool cat, for your cool cat.

5. To your roomie, next time: Cats are lighter, more acrobatic, and have a greater innate sense of balance than dogs. Don't compare throwing/dropping cats to dogs.

6. About the A/C: Haters gone hate.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Lavendrae (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Actually what I said was that I hadn't owned a pet solely. I have no desire to own a pet. I have interacted and taken care of several pets owned by my family, roommates, friends, etc. However even as someone who dislikes the thought of owning an animal or being completely responsible for the care of an animal, I would not drop any animal three feet from the ground. I'm not saying you're some rapist murderer, I just think that it is fucked up.

I think what you're feeling is this need to defend your actions for some reason. If you post someone will share their opinion. We can have different opinions. It's just fine.