Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it bad I string people along?

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by someoneout View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Thanks! I actually identify at asexual/aromantic but not really publicly because people would kind of laugh at me. I really am not sexually interested or romantically interested in anyone. People find that really...really strange. I might be interested in an open relationship where I just wine and dine you once in a while and that's it but that's a really weird proposal and I should just get a friend for that lol.

Thanks for the replies guys!
    Ah, so there you go! Yeah, I guess in normal reality people find that strange, but to me it's not that weird. But then again I go to a women's college where we're all pretty damn open-minded about anything out-of-the-norm. (And it's been said by alums of my school that my school's like a bubble-- you forget what the outside world is like, and that it's not as accepting and open-minded as the people here).
    I wish the rest of the world WAS as accepting though. Like I said, there's a LOT of aromantic people who are probably shy like you in openly identifying as such. You could like search on online dating sites for other aromantic/asexual people. (OKC/OkCupid is the shit).

I mean, like I said, my college might just be a bubble of openness, but luckily in this area there's all kinds of relationships and sexualities and stuff floating around: polyamorous relationships, open relationships, relationships that there are no words for. Personally, I'm looking for a type of relationship that I don't know how to identify~ basically a romantic, platonic relationship. But people don't seem to agree that you can have a romantic AND platonic relationship so I guess I'm alone in that one haha.

Anyway, I wish you best of luck!

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

Sociopath (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by someoneout View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) your reply actually isn't bad at all. Oh it's exactly how I would like to be. I would bleed someone dry for money to be honest. Every time I surrender money for food on a date I cry a little bit inside. I'd rather not look like a gold digger though. I really don't want extravagant things but I think I should get the balls to have someone pay for dinner for me.
    If that wasn't sarcastic, as tone is lost through text, we could be friends.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    @(you need an account to see links), oh I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm the Queen of manipulation myself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

wrath (10-05-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I actually don't think what you're doing is wrong, I don't think agreeing to go on a date is leading someone on either. How can anyone say that someone is worth pursuing without casual dating anyways? Your intentions aren't bad at all, you aren't going on these dates expecting a relationship or something sexual to happen, that to me is a good thing. I'd probably be upfront about that though right away, maybe that'd take pressure off the date, trying to impress you while actually getting to know you.

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Meagan For This Useful Post:

Sociopath (10-07-2013)