Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Selling/Buying Active Accounts? (Question)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Quote Originally Posted by dyinghearte View Post
    How do you dispute this? That seems like a lot of work.
    You wouldn't generally know anyones account unless you either spot similarities onsite, sell to them or befriend them.
    In which case, if you are aware of someones account then you don't target it. And if you somehow do have the information to their account and you knowingly mutilate it then there will be consequences. So ignorance is bliss, really. But if that situation ever arises, the right thing to do would be to inform that person and prove you have the info. Depending on who it is, they'd probably reward you for NOT fucking their account up so you wouldn't lose out. Money comes and goes, accounts are more important to most people.

Quote Originally Posted by mt5o5bd View Post
    Well I suppose what people call Clraik is really a few elite hackers who are quasi omnipotent and are interested in the technical joy of things rather than explicitly championing socially just motives, customers and a collection of wholly incompatible ideologies about who should be hacked and whether it is right to hack at all and random amounts of cheating.

Clraik is like a salad and I am the cheese (no particular reason, I just like cheese)

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Rosa (04-24-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    You're telling people who do wrong things what that right thing to do is.... lol. I mean I think what's going to stop someone around here from stealing a fellow persons stuff is "can this person know I did this on purpose" and "If I fuck with this person am I going to get hit"

I don't do any of this but let's be real there are people that if they know the person can't do shit to them they're going to say oops I didn't know.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by someoneout View Post
    I will steal stuff in real life without blinking an eye. I've stolen iPods, just to make people miserable. I stole a $300 coat from my roommate and threw it in the garbage. Someone found it and returned it to her and she never washed it because she didn't know it was sitting in the garbage for a week. One time I stole this guys Michael Kors watch and gave it to another guy. With that same roommate one time she got drunk and threw her laptop off the bed so I picked it up and smashed it a few more times (it didn't break). This is all just recent stuff too.

Some of these bad personal gains...some of them I just felt like it. Always business, never personal I guess. It's a combination of loose morals and foreseeable gain.

Quote Originally Posted by dyinghearte View Post
    Um... how do we secure our accounts?
    1. Be a nobody.

Minimize yourself from the public eye, avoid all neoboards on accounts your value. If a hacker randomly checks your account and likes what he/she sees, then it's at risk of being pillaged sometime in the future.
    Even if they don't personally inspect your account, your name being mentioned anywhere onsite could be picked up from a crawler by said hackers and be added to a list to be taken later. *cough* Rare *cough*

2. Change your login info frequently.
    (pw, pin, and check that your email hasn't been unreg'd, changed, or compromised itself).

If your account has been marked on a hacker's list, the time between them harvesting your login info and accessing it or giving it to someone who will could save your account if you change your info then.
    Obv. doesn't work if your info is taken and accessed immediately, but unless you're a famous neopian, who would want to raid your account asap anyways?

There is no 100% way to safeguard your account (despite what those fuckwits called TNT say), but you can minimize the risk of it being compromised.
    Last edited by Mod; 10-02-2013 at 03:22 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Corliss (10-02-2013),Crow (10-02-2013),dyinghearte (10-04-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post

I never said I was a good person. By societal standards I'm not and neither are a lot of people on this forum. I don't deceive myself into believing I am though *cough* some people here *cough*. I'm an opportunist. Good word, yeah?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I'm an opportunist. Good word, yeah?
    I like to whack off when no one's looking.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I like to whack off when no one's looking.
    Ah but do you in public spaces? That's where the real fun is.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Ah but do you in public spaces? That's where the real fun is.
    /successfully-masturbated-underneath-the-cape-while-getting-a-haircut crew checking in

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    /successfully-masturbated-underneath-the-cape-while-getting-a-haircut crew checking in
    Everyone's done that. Don't be so proud.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I feelz ya bro but most of the active accounts are more fun to take I think.. I mean wouldn't it be awesome to know you're THAT good?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I will steal stuff in real life without blinking an eye. I've stolen iPods, just to make people miserable. I stole a $300 coat from my roommate and threw it in the garbage. Someone found it and returned it to her and she never washed it because she didn't know it was sitting in the garbage for a week. One time I stole this guys Michael Kors watch and gave it to another guy. With that same roommate one time she got drunk and threw her laptop off the bed so I picked it up and smashed it a few more times (it didn't break). This is all just recent stuff too.

Some of these bad personal gains...some of them I just felt like it. Always business, never personal I guess. It's a combination of loose morals and foreseeable gain.
    So smashing a laptop is good business? k

As someone who's gotten a SLR camera stolen, even though I don't know who the thief was, to this day I still wish cancer on them