Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: URGENT: Does anybody have a way to get in contact with Duck4Cover?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    In this day of age there is no reason to not be able to come online somehow and message the person you owe money with a valid explanation.
    I totally agree with this

Also, on a side note.. seing all the people considering someone a friend and telling "You should know that we are his friends, is in our signature" actitude of Wrath... well, having it written down doesn't help since nobody will start watching everyone's siggies in the search of an information that could bring them closer to the user they are seeking for, and of course, is easier to ask on a public way if anyone could help

I can totally understand that's the meaning of this thread, and Carrot didn't made this to rage or talk bad about Duck4Cover

Plus, let's not forget what Clraik is about...
    and there's unhonest people that will always be like that.
    I've seing "friends" stealing from each other to then realise that the friendship was just for convenience.

I wouldn't put my hands on the fire for anyone, to be honest

But still: Innocent until proven guilty
    (and somehow, with days passing, the guilty suspect is starting to rise)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    I totally agree with this

Also, on a side note.. seing all the people considering someone a friend and telling "You should know that we are his friends, is in our signature" actitude of Wrath... well, having it written down doesn't help since nobody will start watching everyone's siggies in the search of an information that could bring them closer to the user they are seeking for, and of course, is easier to ask on a public way if anyone could help

I can totally understand that's the meaning of this thread, and Carrot didn't made this to rage or talk bad about Duck4Cover

Plus, let's not forget what Clraik is about...
    and there's unhonest people that will always be like that.
    I've seing "friends" stealing from each other to then realise that the friendship was just for convenience.

I wouldn't put my hands on the fire for anyone, to be honest

But still: Innocent until proven guilty
    (and somehow, with days passing, the guilty suspect is starting to rise)
    This is not a dispute thread. I am just becoming a bit impatient because he was supposed to pay me two weeks ago, and he happened to disappear from clraik the day before payment was due.
    I just would like my money.
    This belongs in a dispute post, not a does anyone know how to contact this guy post. If this part was omitted, then fine. It wasn't.

Carrot has been around a long time. If he was a newbie, then whatever, I might agree with the concept of no one pays attention to people's signatures. But fine, I'll take your point and concede on that. However, there is absolutely no reason that a potentially failed business transaction should be discussed openly when we have a dispute section. Public reputation on the forum is important from a seller standpoint. Glenn sells. Even if he comes back and pays Carrot in full, this could potentially affect future sales, etc. Everyone takes breaks from ck and perhaps the timing for Glenn was intentional, perhaps not, no one knows but Glenn. It just makes me sick that there are people around these parts who belittle a member of the community who has contributed in a lot of ways. And somehow, in this exact scenario, with the exact circumstances, if this was a member of staff or one of the staff member's personal buddies, the post would have been deleted immediately.

In addition we have a great feedback system in place called iTrader. So before you just go off and assume this guy is a scammer with no morals:
    Feedback Score:
    Positive Feedback: 34
    100.0%

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Soul (10-02-2013),Whispers (10-02-2013)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I owe Grrrawr $5. She's messaged me about it on skype a few times. I'm paying her tomorrow. I've shamefully ignored her since Sept 24th. because I'm a douche and guilt sucks.

Guess that means I'm a scammer and might as well be banned.

Honestly this forum sometimes...
    You've been around to contact her about it? It is a big problem when the person owing money is not making any effort to contact you. And as I said above, I'd love to know the reason why said person cannot access the internet or make a phone call for two seconds to have the lender notified.

Don't know what's up with Glenn and your situation @(you need an account to see links) but private matters should be private. You know who Glenn's friends are. It's in our signatures. A PM would have sufficed.

@(you need an account to see links) Everyone here hides behind thanks or the opinion of someone else. It's always refreshing to see someone that doesn't.

Now I'll throw my controversial opinion in here:
    If the administration is going to let threads like this stick around, then why not unlock the Disputes forum so we can see everyone's dirty laundry. It's essentially what's going on here. We've heard one side of the story. Judgments have been made. This 'honor among thieves' shit here is getting old when it's only for select people or select situations.

I enjoy coming back from my hiatus to this. Fucking fantastic.
    You're right about having this kept private but shit like this happens from time to time where a user disappears and no one knows they've been lent money from more than one person. Who knows, maybe "Glenn" shows up on Skype and asks more people for money. And then there's more fuel added to the fire.. it's fair to have a thread like this as it only warns people of the said person.

And feel free to call me out directly next time.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Balletdancer (10-02-2013),Batgirl (10-02-2013),Maki (10-02-2013),Raj (10-02-2013),team rocket (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    You've been around to contact her about it? It is a big problem when the person owing money is not making any effort to contact you. And as I said above, I'd love to know the reason why said person cannot access the internet or make a phone call for two seconds to have the lender notified.

You're right about having this kept private but shit like this happens from time to time where a user disappears and no one knows they've been lent money from more than one person. Who knows, maybe "Glenn" shows up on Skype and asks more people for money. And then there's more fuel added to the fire.. it's fair to have a thread like this as it only warns people of the said person.

And feel free to call me out directly next time.
    Just sayin' if this shit was about Drew or Steven, and I know how unlikely it is that they would do so, the shit would have been deleted.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Just sayin' if this shit was about Drew or Steven, and I know how unlikely it is that they would do so, the shit would have been deleted.
    Let's not speak and make decisions for others here.

Did you decide on whether you'd get banned or not when you purposely sent malicious files to other members via Skype to spy and get information from them?

The entire thing was a flop. I found it comical and thought I should let it go (based on events from some of the people you targeted) but seems like you took it for granted. You're not really the wise guy you try and sound like you are.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Batgirl (10-02-2013),cloudxcrash (10-02-2013),Maki (10-02-2013),Pusheen (10-02-2013),Raj (10-02-2013),team rocket (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    @(you need an account to see links): I don't know why you put words in my mouth that I didn't said, in any way I assumed "that guy is a scammer with no morals", and I do perfectly understand what Feedback Score is about, I have done some succesful trades myself and I've being several months around to be informed about it. I'm being totally objetive about this matter, trying to help and give advice on what I have experienced in the past on other cheating forums. No matter how strongly your words are against people, in the end of the day, that doesn't help a lot to your friend being succesfully proven inocent and just makes fights increase on this threat you say you don't like...

In which case, I would sugest you to wait, the only persons that can clean this mess is Duck4Cover and his hopefully soon reply.. I'm sure that if things are just a missunderstood, they will get well by themselfs.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Let's not speak and make decisions for others here.

Did you decide on whether you'd get banned or not when you purposely sent malicious files to other members via Skype to spy and get information from them?

The entire thing was a flop. I found it comical and thought I should let it go (based on events from some of the people you targeted) but seems like you took it for granted. You're not really the wise guy you try and sound like you are.
    You're right. I didn't get banned. Besides, I would hope one's personal affairs wouldn't take precedence over contributions to the community. The only way it even involved this site was the fact I logged into another account. Shit is old news. People ought to come at me with something else. It's bad when I've gotten tired of a specific brand of drama.

I've defended numerous people on here, including some of the staff and one of your good friends in particular, and I'm not about to let someone paint a good friend of mine and a great person in a negative light when there's a lot that no one knows including what's going on with the member in question. Now personally, I have to agree with the concept that if someone died or something critical happened in one's life, I might take that more seriously than logging into ck. This guy had a lot of shit going on when I took my leave, due to someone that he cared a great deal about. It was critical. And if there was anything that developed from his situation regarding that person, it would be a hell of a reason to not give a fuck about Neopets for awhile. He owes Carrot money, and that's shitty, but to jump to the conclusion that he's a scammer or some lowlife like the trash that gets banned daily, doesn't sit well with me. I'm hoping for the best, and I'm certain that it will resolve itself. Even if not, Soul has agreed to take care of any issues with Carrot. The thread could have been locked there.

Instead it continued with the bashing of one of your community's members. I've seen other threads locked for less.
    Last edited by wrath; 10-02-2013 at 03:58 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Soul (10-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    However, there is absolutely no reason that a potentially failed business transaction should be discussed openly when we have a dispute section. Public reputation on the forum is important from a seller standpoint. Glenn sells. Even if he comes back and pays Carrot in full, this could potentially affect future sales, etc.
    I couldn't agree more with that. I mean come on people, this is damaging to his reputation, and who really knows what is going on. The last time I spoke to him, he had some really bad stuff going on with his family. Who is to say that he wont come back soon and pay Carrot in full? And realistically, even if he did, this thread will probably affect his sales, which isn't okay. I mean, there shouldn't be a double standard, if we have a dispute section, this should be under the dispute section. Otherwise, there is no point in having a dispute section, it's there to protect both people. Just my opinion..
    http://clraik.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9441&dateline=1372467  318
    Credit to Mint for this amazing siggy!

<3 grrrawr, Duck4Cover, Jolz and kaysevicious

Guides:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Whispers For This Useful Post:

Soul (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    509 times
    Time Online
    43d 16h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    You're right. I didn't get banned. Besides, I would hope one's personal affairs wouldn't take precedence over contributions to the community. The only way it even involved this site was the fact I logged into another account. Shit is old news. People ought to come at me with something else. It's bad when I've gotten tired of a specific brand of drama.

I've defended numerous people on here, including some of the staff and one of you good friends in particular, and I'm not about to let someone paint a good friend of mine and a great person in a negative light when there's a lot that no one knows including what's going on with the member in question. Now personally, I have to agree with the concept that if someone died or something critical happened in one's life, I might take that more seriously than logging into ck. This guy had a lot of shit going on when I took my leave, due to someone that he cared a great deal about. It was critical. And if there was anything that developed from his situation regarding that person, it would be a hell of a reason to not give a fuck about Neopets for awhile. He owes Carrot money, and that's shitty, but to jump to the conclusion that he's a scammer or some lowlife like the trash that gets banned daily, doesn't sit well with me. I'm hoping for the best, and I'm certain that it will resolve itself. Even if not, Soul has agreed to take care of any issues with Carrot. The thread could have been locked there.

Instead it continued with the bashing of one of your community's members. I've seen other threads locked for less.
    I feel like this pretty much summed everything up.

We DON'T know what is going on with Glenn. Something bad could have happened. I haven't talked to his family in about a week, so I don't know where he's at currently. So there's no room for anyone to point a finger saying he's a scammer.

He's done a hell of a lot more for this community than most people have. Whether that is making guides, helping out a large portion of the users, lending out cash, and just being a good person. I'm sorry but, scammers don't do things like that. They just don't. Glenn is an awesome guy, a great friend, and he has a big heart. He's not one to do this, and I don't believe he has.

I personally think this is getting out of hand. People are sticking their noses into this business that quite frankly is not their business to do so. This thread needs to be locked, and deleted. Please. Any further issues can be brought up privately through PMs, Skype, or a dispute thread.

And the fact that people are bringing up past mistakes people have made, (both Tim and Glenn) is completely ridiculous. What someone does in the past does not define who they are.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soul For This Useful Post:

Air (10-02-2013),Whispers (10-02-2013),wrath (10-02-2013)