75/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by goldentryst View Post
    Haha pulling out is quite effective, as long as you follow some specific guidelines.
    Hmm I see, I suppose the only way for me to find out is to go on the pill itself... I've definitely heard about the breast growth lol!
    Please take a look at this link:
    (you need an account to see links)

It is up to you to decide what works for you, and what side effects you are willing to risk. You should try out the "My Method" questionnaire to help you navigate it a bit easier if that page is a bit overwhelming for you.
    There are no girls on the internet.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to osiyo For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (09-28-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by futoss View Post
    I considered getting the depo shot to stop my stupid period because it is horrible, but I chickened out.. I heard you can become infertile for sometime after and that scared the shit out of me.
    You heard right, may not be like that for everyone but it was for me. I didn't ovulate for almost three years coming off of the shot. It took almost another year to get pregnant with my first. The shot was horrible, hair loss, sex drive completely gone, then coming off the shot I bled for over a month with painful periods for a while.

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagan View Post
    You heard right, may not be like that for everyone but it was for me. I didn't ovulate for almost three years coming off of the shot. It took almost another year to get pregnant with my first. The shot was horrible, hair loss, sex drive completely gone, then coming off the shot I bled for over a month with painful periods for a while.
    Oh my god I am so happy I didn't get it D; thank you!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    10d 22h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    The best birth control to me is a pill called Yasmin. Of course it's name is brazillian...but I'll copy and paste the substances and then you can translate it! It really works, and I've tried everything else. I'm also a pharmacy student. This is the securiest one, I think. Also my skin gets less oily with this ^_^ (3 mg of drospirenona & 0,03 mg of etinilestradiol)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by osiyo View Post
    I'm not sure where you heard that bullshit about not supposed to use an IUD until after you have kids....cause that's just not true. You can have an IUD inserted at any time, unless you have had problems with them before such as expelling them.

I have the non hormonal IUD, paragard . You can keep it in for ten years, but you will have your period each month, and your period may become heavier. You may also have worse periods for the first few months after insertion as your body gets used to it (I've had mine for 3 years now, and my periods are back to normal pain levels. It took about a year for that to happen).

That being said - fuck yeah IUD! I can have as much sex as I want and I ain't never getting pregnant. Suck it. There is no uncertainty, and no irritation from condoms. You will need to have your partners tested before you have sex without a condom, however, since you will have an increased risk of serious complications from STDs.

The paragard has none of the hormonal side effects such as effecting your mood/changing your body. I got it because I was not going to risk my breasts getting bigger by using hormonal birth controls, and because I was terrified of getting preggers. Paragard does make your periods worse for a little while. This is also manageable by taking a shit ton of ibuprofen. You start taking ibuprofen a few days before your period and continue throughout and your period symptoms are not as bad/you will not have as heavy a blood flow. Once I started dosing myself with ibuprofen before my period, it was fine.

Also, if you know you will have a lot of pain from the insertion, you should ask your doctor if they will prescribe you a pain killer to take before. If they won't, take ~800-1000 mg of ibuprofen (about 4 pills) about and hour and a half before. It will help with the pain.

For what it's worth, my doctor is the one who suggested the ibuprofen regimen to me after I started getting a bit anemic after my periods with paragard.
    I may be mistaken, but from what i've learnt, by right, IUD's should not be inserted until after you've had at least 1 (vaginal) delivery.
    you were told it can be inserted at any time..? by an OBGYN?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by IamZei View Post
    I may be mistaken, but from what i've learnt, by right, IUD's should not be inserted until after you've had at least 1 (vaginal) delivery.
    you were told it can be inserted at any time..? by an OBGYN?
    Yes, my OB GYN told me this. I (and at least 3 other women I know, including my sister) have had an IUD inserted without a vaginal delivery, and without complications.
    There are no girls on the internet.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    278/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    51d 7h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    In the UK you don't need to have a vaginal delivery either.

(you need an account to see links)

My recommendation ^

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    My woman is on that Mirena right now, she did wait until after having 2 kids to get it put in though. It works very well for her she's been on it a year and she just got her first period with it in for over a year. She hasn't had any adverse effects from it so far so I guess it really depends on the person.

Also, I don't think the pull-out thing works very well. Just personal opinion.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 17h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    Whoever is considering getting depo DO NOT get it ): Most horrible birth control out there. I read online they actually give it to sex offenders! Since I have gotten it, huge depression, no will to do anything, major hair loss, etc ):