DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    It really depends on the person. I work in a pharmacy and I have only seen Mirena dispensed 4-6 times in almost four years. Nuva-ring (the ring thing you referred to) is also pretty rare as well as Depo-provera (Injection). The pills are most commonly used Tri-Cyclen, Yaz, Yasmin, Marvelon, Alesse, etc. Apri has been sketchy for awhile, especially with the massive recall a few months back, and the recalled Freya generic brand which was supposed to replace Apri. Theres also the patch thing, one I know of is called Evra. Its extremely rarely dispensed as well.

To be honest though... taking a daily pill isnt that hard to do. I take a multi-vitamin each day. If I were a girl, and it was to stop myself from getting pregnant, I would be even more motivated to take it

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (09-28-2013),Maki (09-27-2013),Umbreon (09-27-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    831 times
    Time Online
    109d 7h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I use birth control, but to regulate my periods.
    I take pills, the 3 week one with the sugar pills at the end and all. really forgetful person, like omg. I need to stick to a routine.
    I would'nt know about the sex drive thing though </3
    Last edited by simmie; 09-27-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    20d 18h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Yeah even the pill killed my sex drive a bit, like sugarpill week was the only time where I was like YOU KNOW WHAT WE SHOULD DO WE SHOULD DEFINITELY DO THE NASTY YEP

but it's effective and I set an alarm on my phone for errday at the same time to take it

from what I can recall there's also a little rod they stick in your arm for like 5 years? It's hormonal though, which sounds like it's been fucking with you big time. EDIT: my b you mentioned it already, and with the whole vein thing I'd say fuck that noise ugh it sounds awful

Some women deal with copper/non-hormonal IUDs pretty well but in my experience it's just a world of pain and bleeding like you describe with the hormonal IUD.

I woudl say do the pill thing, your body will adjust as you go through each packet. It's like taking any new medicine; sometimes your body gets very upset about having its mechanisms played with but it usually settles.

I hope you find a solution soon ;; is there any kind of family planning service you can go and talk to?
    Last edited by icebox; 09-27-2013 at 05:42 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to icebox For This Useful Post:

Umbreon (09-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    27d 5h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    /didnt read thread so I dont know if it has been mentioned

I use the NuvaRing. Its a vaginal insert, low dose hormonal birth control, but its easier on you than like, the pill. I had trouble with other hormone BCs, but this one has been amazing. You put it in and forget about it for three weeks, take it out for a week, and then put a new one in. It sounds strange at first, but you really do forget its there. It is not difficult to put in or remove, you can have sex with it in, or you can remove it for up to 3 hours at a time for sex. Ive been using that for about 4 years now and can time my period literally to like withing 6 hours of getting it. It comes exactly 3 days after I remove the ring, it lasts 3 days and then its time for a new one. No remembering pills, its the easiest thing ever. I wouldnt ever use any other kind.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Compulsiv View Post
    /didnt read thread so I dont know if it has been mentioned

I use the NuvaRing. Its a vaginal insert, low dose hormonal birth control, but its easier on you than like, the pill. I had trouble with other hormone BCs, but this one has been amazing. You put it in and forget about it for three weeks, take it out for a week, and then put a new one in. It sounds strange at first, but you really do forget its there. It is not difficult to put in or remove, you can have sex with it in, or you can remove it for up to 3 hours at a time for sex. Ive been using that for about 4 years now and can time my period literally to like withing 6 hours of getting it. It comes exactly 3 days after I remove the ring, it lasts 3 days and then its time for a new one. No remembering pills, its the easiest thing ever. I wouldnt ever use any other kind.
    The only thing I dont like about the concept of nuvaring is that it can fall out. I know it doesnt seem like it could, but it can. As a guy, if a ring ever fell out..... I would be a like scarred.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    8d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    While we are on the subject, I have a question regarding birth control pills. Is it common for women to experience weight gain? What other common side effects are there? I'm guessing fatigue... mood swings? I've been practicing the pull out method with my partner for a while and it's been working fine for a long time, but I would rather be safer lol.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    20d 18h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by goldentryst View Post
    While we are on the subject, I have a question regarding birth control pills. Is it common for women to experience weight gain? What other common side effects are there? I'm guessing fatigue... mood swings? I've been practicing the pull out method with my partner for a while and it's been working fine for a long time, but I would rather be safer lol.
    PULL AND PRAY?!
    ARE YOU NUTS?!

edit: okay gonna give some fo' real advice now

The pill does vastly different things for different people. Some people gain weight, some people lose weight.
    My boobs grew like a bajillion times bigger and my acne disappeared, but the mood swings were pretty bad for a few months. Overall your body should adjust over time; that's what the docs always say at least.
    Last edited by icebox; 09-28-2013 at 06:33 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    8d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebox View Post
    PULL AND PRAY?!
    ARE YOU NUTS?!

edit: okay gonna give some fo' real advice now

The pill does vastly different things for different people. Some people gain weight, some people lose weight.
    My boobs grew like a bajillion times bigger and my acne disappeared, but the mood swings were pretty bad for a few months. Overall your body should adjust over time; that's what the docs always say at least.
    Haha pulling out is quite effective, as long as you follow some specific guidelines.
    Hmm I see, I suppose the only way for me to find out is to go on the pill itself... I've definitely heard about the breast growth lol!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I considered getting the depo shot to stop my stupid period because it is horrible, but I chickened out.. I heard you can become infertile for sometime after and that scared the shit out of me.