46/0
    Mentioned
    471 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

Ladies... birth control?

Okay, I guess this is a weird topic, but whatevs.

For the ladies that are on birth control, what kind do you use/find most effective?

I've tried the daily pills, but was scared I'd forget to take them PLUS they seem very defective and I'm paranoid as fuck; I also tried the other weirder daily pills that are stronger and make you have your period once every three months but those made me nauseous; I tried the shots, but my mom didn't want to ride with me to the clinic that's 30 minutes away every time and my anxiety is too bad to go by myself but I'm thinking about reverting back to this anyway; I tried the ring or whatevs it is to no avail; I considered the little insertion thing they insert in your arm, but my mother had that at one point and it started to attach to her veins so yeah, paranoid about that...

Addd finally I had this mother fucking piece of shit IUD Mirena inserted into me, which you're not suppose to have inserted until after you've had kids and your cervix is stretched, yadayada, but I mean hey! No period or babies for five years without remembering to take anything sounds wonderful, right? Fuck no.

Well I got it like three and a half years ago, and it was a son of a bitch to insert, I slept and passed out constantly and bled profusely like a fucking pig for weeks on end, and had the absolute worst cramping pain in my life, to the point of I could do nothing but ball up and cry every single day.

And finally when all of that bullshit subsided a year and a half ish after insertion, come to find out, it completely bottomed out my sex drive, which has drastically affected my relationship (I mean fuck I'm a nineteen year old female with a hot boyfriend, I should want to have sex), and has multiplied my anxiety and depression, NOT TO MENTION, causes even more random bleeding constantly that is worse than period, and sex hurts like an absolute bitch and feels like razors are inside me the rare times I even have sex, and not wanting to have sex kinda defeats the purpose of... having birth control SO YEAH. So I'm getting this taken out as soon as my work insurance kicks in.

But ergo, the issue with what birth control to revert back to/try next?
    I really don't think there's... anything left to try, which is why I'm thinking about going back to trying the shot, since there's a new office that's a lot closer to me and less of an inconvenience to drive, and I know there's another IUD called the Paraguard? I'm not sure what terrible side effects accompany it, though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    30d 14h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Did you try putting a condom on his penis? That usually does the trick, and won't affect your sex drive.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broken For This Useful Post:

Crayon (09-29-2013),SmileYaDead (09-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    471 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Did you try putting a condom on his penis? That usually does the trick, and won't affect your sex drive.
    You want me to put the life of a potential organism that could grow inside of me into the hands of a horny male that may or may not remember condoms?

But seriously yeah, they broke a lot, so. We stopped trying.
    Last edited by Umbreon; 09-27-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    35d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    my girl takes the needles, every 3 months only tho and it works

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    30d 14h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by monsters View Post
    You want me to put the life of a potential organism that could grow inside of me into the hands of a horny male that may or may not remember condoms?

But seriously yeah, they broke a lot, so. We stopped trying.
    Fair enough, though it's not that uncommon for girls to carry around condoms as well.
    I'm sure someone here will have good advice for you in ways of birth control with minimal side effects. Sounds like a pain what you've gone through and hope you find something that works for you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    IUDs won't prevent STIs. And also you're probably hurting because if I recall correctly, IUDs promote inflammation of the uterine lining which prevents sperm from implanting. It's not very nice.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 23h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I took the depovera shot like a year ago, and it was a really bad decision for me.
    Within like the first month of getting it, it made me SUPER moody. Like to the point where I was literally snapping at my boyfriend for everything and I even broke up with him at one point lol. I remember, it also made my period way worse, and it made me weaker than usual because of the bleeding (I'm veeeery anemic). For a while it made my depression way worse, and my anxiety a little worse. I honestly wouldn't recommend it, but obviously the results are going to be different for different people.

The best method I've found so far is just Allesse. I'm really bad at remembering pills, but if I miss one I just don't have sex until I'm caught up. That's not too bad, and gives my boyfriend incentive to remind me. I find condoms to be a hassle so I don't buy them or use them but I think the best advice I can give would be to take birth control pills, use condoms and don't let him finish in you. But like, if you don't like condoms either I find making it a game of finding a new place he can cum each day or whatever makes him complain less about pulling out haha (sorry, graphic??)
    Try the shot, and if it doesn't work well for you just go for pills. Find a good friend that will go with you or make your boyfriend do it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    I took the pills once a day. You won't really forget, just set a reminder for a couple of weeks until it becomes habit.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I'm not sure where you heard that bullshit about not supposed to use an IUD until after you have kids....cause that's just not true. You can have an IUD inserted at any time, unless you have had problems with them before such as expelling them.

I have the non hormonal IUD, paragard . You can keep it in for ten years, but you will have your period each month, and your period may become heavier. You may also have worse periods for the first few months after insertion as your body gets used to it (I've had mine for 3 years now, and my periods are back to normal pain levels. It took about a year for that to happen).

That being said - fuck yeah IUD! I can have as much sex as I want and I ain't never getting pregnant. Suck it. There is no uncertainty, and no irritation from condoms. You will need to have your partners tested before you have sex without a condom, however, since you will have an increased risk of serious complications from STDs.

The paragard has none of the hormonal side effects such as effecting your mood/changing your body. I got it because I was not going to risk my breasts getting bigger by using hormonal birth controls, and because I was terrified of getting preggers. Paragard does make your periods worse for a little while. This is also manageable by taking a shit ton of ibuprofen. You start taking ibuprofen a few days before your period and continue throughout and your period symptoms are not as bad/you will not have as heavy a blood flow. Once I started dosing myself with ibuprofen before my period, it was fine.

Also, if you know you will have a lot of pain from the insertion, you should ask your doctor if they will prescribe you a pain killer to take before. If they won't, take ~800-1000 mg of ibuprofen (about 4 pills) about and hour and a half before. It will help with the pain.

For what it's worth, my doctor is the one who suggested the ibuprofen regimen to me after I started getting a bit anemic after my periods with paragard.
    Last edited by osiyo; 09-27-2013 at 08:35 AM.
    There are no girls on the internet.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I second Paragard IUD. If I wasn't getting my tubes tied in a few months I'd be getting it, I've done hormonal birth control and it fucks with you hard, which Paragard is non hormonal. You could also try temping and tracking your ovulation.

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Meagan For This Useful Post:

osiyo (09-27-2013)