Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmie View Post
    iv'e never actually seen her have any attraction to another dog, other than black dogs. idk what it is about black dogs aodjsa
    Your dog craves the bbc.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Here's asimple solution:

What your dog is showing is separation anxiety. She's just worried you'll never come back and ditch her. What you'll want to do is correct this behavior because it can get rather annoying. When you come home from school DO NOT give her any attention. No pets, no hi girl, no nothing. Walk straight to your room and close the door. Or stand there, turning your back to her until she calms down. Then when she's finally calm say good girl, give a small treat. Also is she crate trained?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to katix For This Useful Post:

simmie (09-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    2d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    When I left for college one of my cats became very upset, to the point that she was not using the litter box and driving my mom insane. The first time I came home she didn't even come near me/remained angry with me. It took another few visits to return to normal.
    I found that whenever I left I made sure to give her extra attention and as Lavendrae suggested, I gave her a few treats. We have tartar control treats that are fairly small and I'm pretty sure they make them for dogs as well - that way your pup will get a health benefit from them as well.

And to bounce off of Broken's suggestion - is your dog allowed to go in your room/places that smell a lot like you? (I did not let my cat in my room usually but I let her now).

Keep your schedule as regular as possible so she knows when to expect you home / when you will leave.
    If other people are with her during the day don't let them yell at her; either ignore her or give some attention but punishing her verbally when she is missing her 'master' will only serve to confuse her.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyan For This Useful Post:

simmie (09-25-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    If you keep her in a cage while you're gone, put a shirt of yours in there with her. If not, maybe stuff it and give it to her as a toy, your scent will help calm her when you're not there. I did this for awhile with my dog and she is doing much better.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to futoss For This Useful Post:

icebox (09-27-2013)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    20d 18h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Have you heard of using a (you need an account to see links)? That could be a cool idea; they are suggested for storms, separation and travel anxiety so it sounds like it would fit the bill.

Plus it's endorsed by Temple Grandin so A++ woop

9. The Following User Says Thank You to icebox For This Useful Post:

simmie (09-30-2013)