5/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Is it allowed?

So I came back to this site around a year ago and could only access my main. I changed my email and created 4 new sides..And today I found the bday of one of my old side. There is a pet with a RW I like. Is it alright if I delete one of my current sides and use that as my side again? I've heard that TNT will flag accounts that are logged in suddenly, so I'm worried that TNT may freeze my account because 5+ accounts are access by the same IP.

Or should I just use a proxy? I don't quite understand how to set up a proxy though..I've heard you need to do something everyday because a proxy will "die" everyday? Or am I wrong?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Officially, it's not allowed. But TNT are simpletons and act wrongly against their own rules very often anyways, as you may already know. If you delete a side, it may even draw negative attention to you from TNT, and in the worst case - they'll misinterpret it as suspicious activity and chain every account you own, despite your good wishes.

I wouldn't think too much on having 5+ accounts; what you should do is stop logging into and ditch the sides you care for the least and just focus on the accounts you want the most. Avoid logging in/out of too many accounts from the same IP (I assume your home IP), and if you want, you can fake that some of the accounts are not yours, but a family member who shares the same internet connection. A lot of users do this, whether legit or not and just make a small public note in their user lookups. Just don't do this and shadily transfer stuff back/forth like you own all those accounts, or TNT will catch on. If you're already logged into the sides you don't want or have another internet connection/proxy, you can change the emails on those before leaving them alone; to avoid chaining account freezes in the future.

It's not necessary to use a proxy in your situation, though it would be smart. Using a proxy is simple, but if you don't have to, don't bother. They're best used when cheating on sides, not for mains or any accounts you want to keep safe. This is because proxy connections are slow, unreliable ("die"), and if it's a commonly used public proxy: other cheaters on Neopets that use it could get caught and end up chaining to your accounts you've used that specific proxy on too, in rare, but unlucky cases.

& yes, you need to check that a proxy is working (and undetectable as a proxy) before using it. What users often mean when a proxy "dies", is when it drops and cannot connect, or just disappears from the proxy list or being able to be found. They come and go all the time, don't expect to be able to wake up to the same proxy every morning. But again, proxies are not important in your situation right now, so don't overthink on them.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

bored (09-22-2013),Nyan (09-23-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Thank you very much =)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    23d 18h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    There was a question similar to this in the editorial. Thanks to JN editorial database, it was from issue 569:

say I have 5 accounts, and then the almighty purge happens. As a result, a username I want becomes available. May I have six accounts open until I can get all of my Neopets to the new account? This seems iffy, but it's merely hypothetical!

The spirit of the rule is to stop people from cheating or creating tons of accounts. A temporary 6th account isn't likely to get you in trouble, as long as you're not abusing site rules on the side accounts. If you're still concerned about it, we recommend allowing one of your side accounts to lay dormant while you transfer your Neopets over.
    I personally have had 6th and 7th account while I was legit, just to store pets that I simply couldn't just pound. I've never had any trouble even when using my home IP. I guess they are safe since I didn't transfer NP/item besides for the purpose of adopting/transferring pets. And yeah, I just let the account I like the least to lay dormant and it's fine.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    19d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    This does raise a good point..I've always wondered why those PC'ers say they're stalking 20+ names (For purge) yet all their accounts are already full.
    Last edited by Saru; 09-22-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If TNT were cracking down the whip this badly, then my friend's account whom I enticed to join would have been iced too (it wasn't), even though I already have 5 accounts. But still, I wouldn't go around earning tons of np and trophies on multiple sides without a fantastic proxy. If it's just for storing a pet or two and later freezing an account, I really don't see much wrong with it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    21d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Haha usually when you spy those freshly caught names from purge, you'll realize that on their lookups.. they will say that a 'friend/relative' caught the pet for them. I'm sure a lot of people have more than 4 accounts. Just don't earn nps on it and you'll be fine.
    I have an extra account for pet storage as well.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    19d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartunderblade View Post
    Haha usually when you spy those freshly caught names from purge, you'll realize that on their lookups.. they will say that a 'friend/relative' caught the pet for them. I'm sure a lot of people have more than 4 accounts. Just don't earn nps on it and you'll be fine.
    I have an extra account for pet storage as well.
    I figured it was something like that. I always thought if you registered more than 5 accounts on a single IP TNT will either ice everything after the 5th or just chain-ice everything you have. The latter is very extreme but hey, it's TNT.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Saru View Post
    I figured it was something like that. I always thought if you registered more than 5 accounts on a single IP TNT will either ice everything after the 5th or just chain-ice everything you have. The latter is very extreme but hey, it's TNT.
    Luckily they won't do that. When I was a n00b cheater I made probably tons of shells on the same IP and none are frozen (except the ones I disabled myself)

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Corliss For This Useful Post:

Saru (09-22-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This does raise a good point..I've always wondered why those PC'ers say they're stalking 20+ names (For purge) yet all their accounts are already full.

PCers stalk way more than 20. There isnt a guarantee you will get all 20pets after all.