2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m

A guide to autofeeding kads the right way:

I�ve seen a lot of people around here that don�t seem to understand kad feeding and how it works so I�m going to try to explain this to you really in a simple easy to understand guide. This is going to be more of if you�re autofeeding how to get away with it guide:

First of all I do not recommend autofeeding. At all. I have been feeding for many years and there are three people (yes, I do mean literally three people) that I thought were autofeeders and that didn�t get frozen. That�s out of a lot of people. A lot� One is the infamous xo_dearjamie, who isn�t a cheater she�s just a really good gamer, the other was repulsives an old player (best friends with ava_ked), and the third is someone who shall remain unnamed because I still think they are an autofeeder and might be around here. I would recommend if you�re not good at feeding to go for an inventory (will later be explained). This is time consuming but safer.

I�m going to start off with some basic vocab you�re going to need to know for the guide:
    main = when a majority of the kads go (this happens pretty much all the time)
    mini = when typically 1-3 kads go at a time (this happens after UB�s have been fed)
    inventory = buying foods that have a common word in them (not more then 50, this is against the rules
    See here for a bunch of invent ideas: (you need an account to see links)
    wiz feeding = copy and pasting the food, then buying the food on the wiz, then feeding
    OFers = someone that has fed more then 75 kads

So I�m going to give you some dos/don�ts here:
    Rule #1: Some people have spots. Now sometimes it�s ok to feed in someone�s spot, sometimes it�s not. If the person has been regularly feeding in this spot for 3+ mains and has probably I�d say 1000+ kads, don�t feed in their spot. If you�re going to feed in someone who has a spot and they have 100+ kads, just don�t do it too much. The people with thousands have a SDB (which means they have every item under a certain neopoint cost in their SD. No one that�s an underfeeder has one of these. If you�re feeding in someone�s spot that has thousands of kads and you�re not feeding foods of the same word (inventory) you�re a suspect. It�s just impossible to beat someone that has a SDB with wiz feeding.
    Kad feeders are ANNOYED but AFers, but they are not mad. People with SDB's will go on to feed another kad. If you have stolen their spot and see them feeding else where and they've noticed you're feeding totally different items every main, you're in trouble.

I cannot tell you everyone�s spot because of time zones. I would advise you to pick a time to feed kads and stick to it. Become knowledgeable of people who feed around this time. I will give you some advice though: you will find out who I am talking about when you get into this: do not feed in ava_ked�s spot:
    here�s a video of her feeding (you need an account to see links)
    Don�t ever feed in that spot or the one to the left. She will automatically know if something is unbuyable in her spot/not in her SDB and will move to the left one. She�s on a lot so it�s risky.

I know a lot of other spots, but it�s really relevant to your time zone.
    (do you see what I mean when I say it�s easier to just inventory foods yet?)
    Some people that have spots I can think off the top of my head: atomickittengirl, danithedinosaur (these are not their exact usernames but you will know who I�m talking about if you see one). There are a lot of people who float around, and it's also horrible to take a spot they tried to feed but you'll never know if you beat them because they move around.

Rule #2: Don�t feed a mini when there�s only one. Just don�t do it. I have timekept and have seen kads go right before my eyes. No one will be watching that close during a main when everyone is trying to feed. Feeding when there�s a mini of 3 or more is safer but I still wouldn�t recommend it. Keep your autofeeding to mains only (when a majority of the kads go). The timekeeper that has fed during the main is your worst enemy if you�re trying to AF during a mini.

Rule #3: Don�t feed more than 5 kads a day. This is tedious, I know. Never feed more then 3 in a row, stop for a few and then feed another, skip a main, then feed again.
    Try to change up this pattern if you want but follow the NO MORE THAN THREE RULE. I can�t tell you how suspicious it looks if underfeeders are feeding so many kads straight in a row, through all hours of the day.

Rule #4: If you�re account has a ridiculous amount of trophies and it is young, and you got them through score sending but they are legit scores. Forget it, don�t even bother autofeeding. Inventory feed. This will be the death of you.

Rule #5: Try to set your autofeeder at 32 or 33 seconds. Most SDB feeders feed at :28-29, you�re going to be want to be slower than them. If you don�t feed the kad, good. It was for your own good you missed it.

Rule #6: Don�t go to any kad boards. Don�t try to timekeep to get the OFers off your radar. It won�t work. I�ve seen this done countless times. It�s dumb. Also don�t try to be friendly to the AC kadfish boards, they don�t like anyone besides themselves.

Rule #7: This seems like stupid rule, but trust me it�s for your own good. Feed 76-80 kads. There�s nothing better than watching someone you know is an autofeeder stop at exactly 75 kads and then getting frozen in a few days.

Rule #8: Make sure your account doesn�t look...eh noobish. Now I�m not saying newbie, I�m saying noobish. Not to be a jerk, but don�t have your lookup in some Spanish language (I�m trying not to be stereotypical but I see so many AFers from Spain/Portugal, Brazil, etc). The age of your account doesn�t matter. If you are thought to be an AFer, it�s obvious. Make your lookup English and look like a teenage girl on the AC would use. These people are typically annoying, but not cheaters. If you're a male, follow this rule too (the male ACers usually have girlish lookups too)

As you can see, this is why I DO NOT recommend AFing of any kind, because it�s annoying to get away with. My recommendation is inventory feeding but not going over 50 items. But if you are going to do it, take these precautions. I hope this helped. If you followed this guide, someone experienced like me shouldn�t know you�re an autofeeder. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

I think this is a more of "why did I get frozen while autofeeding" guide rather then a real guide to autofeeding.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

Corliss (09-22-2013),Heartunderblade (09-23-2013),j03 (09-20-2013),Kad (01-27-2014),lombardis (09-22-2013),Maki (09-22-2013),metaldroga (10-06-2013),Nyan (10-08-2013),panelle (09-20-2013),Persephone (10-08-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    234 times
    Time Online
    48d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by someoneout View Post
    Also don’t try to be friendly to the AC kadfish boards, they don’t like anyone besides themselves.
    +rep just for that.

But really, this is a good guide. Nice job

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Thanks a lot!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    now i'm super scared to finish getting the avatar, lol but great guide. + rep

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I only see one discrepancy - you mention a lot of the techy stuff (main, mini, etc.), but then say not to go on the kad boards. Could you add a bit of an explanation on how to timekeep for yourself?

Other than that, excellent guide!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    23d 18h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Nice guide. I also agree with you about the kad board on AC xD

This is just an FYI for those who don't want to risk by AFing:
    Try doing it semi-legitly by using Greasemonkey script to quickly buy the kad items. And learn how to use keyboard shortcuts when feeding kads. It definitely helps reduce the frustration. But you still have to do it manually.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by panelle View Post
    I only see one discrepancy - you mention a lot of the techy stuff (main, mini, etc.), but then say not to go on the kad boards. Could you add a bit of an explanation on how to timekeep for yourself?

Other than that, excellent guide!
    I think that means do not post on the kad boards. Viewing is ok.
    But I agree with you, that a little more explanation about timekeeping would be a nice addition.
    Personally, I think knowing how to timekeep yourself is nice since you don't have to keep that extra tab for the board. Too many windows running at the same time could slow you down.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    No, no going on the kad feeding board is absolutely fine to check times. But don't POST and try to timekeep even if you know how. Some people try to do this to "blend in" and act like they are "legit" but it really doesn't work. If anything it's just laughable, 5/5 for trying type thing.

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

If you would really like to learn how to timekeep yourself, I would suggest looking at the guides on the t&l boards on the games chat. I really can't explain it better then anyone of these:
    (you need an account to see links)

However it is really not necessary for someone who is not going to be posting on t&l at all.

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Also I haven't seen this done in a while, it was very standard back in the day to post the "Winston has been fed thanks (username here) " if you thought someone was an auto feeder. Now that can be called harassment. So if you see someone on AC kadfish copying the "Winston had been fed" and Winston was the one you fed you're in trouble. They're onto you. Chances are you've already been reported. They don't really do this anymore because I don't believe any of them actually feed anymore. However if you see this, remain calm. It usually takes TNT a few days to freeze an auto feeder. I have friends that love to report them and they don't freeze right away for some reason. (I imagine things are manually checked)

So what does this mean? Do not abort mission. Buy yourself an invent and continue to feed that way. Do not just disappear. I can't guarantee this will work but it might save you. But really if you followed every step in this guide there is no reason why you should ever be accused of being an AFer.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

panelle (09-20-2013),Water (09-22-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    158/9
    Mentioned
    217 times
    Time Online
    54d 8h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Thanks

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Nice guide! I'm thankful I'm not going for the avatar though. XD

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    21d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Thank you for this guide! I never knew AF-ing was this risky. I actually got away with it a couple of times.. though I did have a solid looking account.
    I'll be a lot more careful now though. *shivers*