Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Thumbs up [GUIDE] Counter-Strike 1.6

Good afternoon to everyone .

My name is Jos� Diogo Camilo, A.K.A Shycker on cs 1.6. I play since 1999 and I had an account since 2002, but sold it and now have another newer (2007). I played in good national counter-strike teams (Exotic and Mindhack) and this Is a game I give myself a lot and have a great fondness. So, with this guide, you will learn some basic stuff to run the game with great quality, so, lets start!

First of all, Before entering the steam account and play, you must go to the control panel of your graphic card (GeForce or Radeon) and you must turn off the VSYNC, it is a command that pulls IMMENSE by game and the FPS go down (30-60 fps) and we can feel the puppet slow and with breaks.

Second, on the game, open the console and this is a list of the commands you can insert (some useful, others it's by your own choice):

ah 1 - Toggles Auto-Help (gives player hint messages throught the game) - Setting of 1 = 'on', and 0 = 'off'. cl_observercrosshair 1 Set to '1' to enable crosshairs in Observer mode, '0' to disable.

dm 1 - Toggles displaying of map briefings after loading a new map - Setting of 1 = 'on', and 0 = 'off'

cl_hidefrags 0 - Toggles hiding everyone else's scores except your own - Setting of 1 = 'on', and 0 = 'off'

drawradar - This turns the radar on

fastsprites 0 - Sets the complexity of the smoke sprites for the smoke grenade - The range is 0-2, with 0 looking the most like actual smoke

hideradar - This turns the radar off

hud_centerid 0 - Toggles the centering of the auto-ID text - Setting of 1 = 'on', and 0 = 'off'

lefthand 0 - Toggles the use of holding weapons in left hand - Setting of 1 = 'on', and 0 = 'off'

max_shells 300 - Sets the number of shells visible at one time (0-500)

max_smokepuffs 300 - Sets the number of smoke puffs visible at one time (0-500)

rate 25000 cl_updaterate 101 and cl_cmdrate 101 - Sets how much data/information you receive from the server that you are connected to - for a 14.4 connection, set your rate to 1500 - 33.6k connection use 3000 - 56k modem use 3500 - ISDN should be 5000 - all connections faster than that should be between 5000 and 9999

setinfo vgui_menus 1 - Toggles the VGUI menu - Setting of 1 = 'on', and 0 = 'off'

fps_max 101 - It will concentrate your fps to the max of 101 (it might get frozen on 100, which is excellent)

hud_fastswitch 3 - It will let you turn the gun to the knife without appearing the menu to choose which weapon you want

cl_dynamiccrosshair 0 - The crosshair will be always small whenever you fire against someone

cl_weather 0 - This command is good on maps when it's raining (de_aztec, for example), the rain will stop, but the sound will continue, so you can write: stopsound (you must write this every round)

The other important thing you must do before playing, It's going to the options and configure to the way you want (showing the radar half visible or fully visible, which way you want to show the smoke grenades, which resolution you want to play, I play in 640x480, if you want to show the weapon on your left or right hand, etc). With all this, you are ready to play and kickass some noobs!

Some advices about firing guns with recoil (M4, AK, MP5, etc):

If you are near, you must put the crosshair between the legs and the stomach and train full aim. If you are far, try not to full shot, aim to the head (to get headshot, if you want) and fire gradually.

If you have problems getting the crosshair on the sniper, write on the console crosshair 1 and it will show the crosshair. If you want to train without the crosshair, write crosshair 0.

On maps with echo and you want to remove the echo, write room_type 0.

NEVER give your password, e-mail or any kind of information to ANYONE. Steam administrators will NEVER ask for that, so, beware of the scammers. Also, if you are willing to use cheats, be careful because on some servers, might have AC (Anti-Cheat) and your account can be banned from the server or be banned for life!

I hope this guide helped and if you need something, just name it!

Best regards to all and good luck being AWESOME PLAYER

Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    7d 20h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    wow u play since 1.5
    u have steam? mayb one day we can play

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I loved counter strike only for the warcraft mod servers. You would play a game then level up for each kill/headshot and earn exp. Then with this you could unlock new skills/races ect. Some races had things like ninja ropes ect it was pretty epic.