11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Simple Tips for a Trustworthy Trophy Account

So, I'll come clean. I don't ever use anything I see on here or other sites to identify cheaters on Neo, but if someone cheats blatantly and I can see just from something on Neo that they've cheated, I often report them. So sue me. My reasoning is, people being stupid about it makes people more aware that people cheat, which can only be a bad thing for sensible cheaters. So with that in mind, here's a few tips to stop yourself from giving the game away, as well as a few pointers about how to look less suspicious to other players. It's mostly for people concerned with building trophy/av counts.

1) If you say you're rebuilding, have the name of a frozen account to give people. Find a frozen account who was banned for something relatively innocent sounding and wasn't high-profile. Tell people that was your old account. People won't know how good that previous account was, but it helps to make them less suspicious when you start getting lots of NPs/Trophies quickly. The provision of an actual name is particularly important, it adds an air of openness and legitimacy to it.

2) If you're going for trophies, don't make them all gold and certainly don't get them all overnight. Until your account is a month old, try not to get more than 4/5 flash game trophies to reduce suspicion and don't make any of them HST avatar ones. A young account filled with gold trophies looks more suspicious than a young account with a few trophies of varying colours

3) Get the "easy trophies" too- There are a number of programmes available to autoplay the easy trophies- Solitaire, NQ, NQ2, Pyramids and Cheat and Snow Wars are easy and quick to play yourself. Having these trophies makes it look less like you're just SSing for your trophies.

4) Play lots of games. There are a few hundred games available to play on Neo. If you have only sent scores in 15 of them but have lots of trophies/game avs, it looks suspicious. Either get yourself a SS list to play a number of them(150+) or else invest some time.

5) Don't post scores that are impossible. You'd think it would be obvious but apparently not. This includes posting scores which are higher than the max possible and scores which aren't divisible by the right number(eg. high Meerca Chase II scores which aren't divisible by 18)

6) Some games should be avoided. These are games where more or less any high score is viewed as having been a cheated one, if you have one of these then you'd better have nothing else suspicious about your account. These games include Kass Basher, Typing Terror and Advert Attack.

Hope that helps you to cheat smarter and cheat better. Take care.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IndigoSunset For This Useful Post:

Emiley (12-22-2011),pinkpain (10-26-2018),TripleS91 (04-09-2012),xRomanChan (04-18-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Just to add I once gotten 20 flash trophies in an account in the least effort until I get really impatient. It was a shell testing account to get trophies for my main, I basically send a highscore every 2 weeks PER game (just so it makes my main look more legit). I ended up racking about 20 trophies in the period of a few months without sending any other score.

that is until i sent 5 highscores in 1 day to test my luck, heh.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    10h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Another tip would be to use AoB instead of score sending to get trophies, much safer, and less chance of mucking up your score.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Bump for awareness.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Is it better to not post on the neoboards at all, or to try to pass off as legit?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Typing Terror is easy to do with AoB, score review is always higher than the high scores the first week at least.
    Better not brag about all your trophies and build other things on your account, such as avatars.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Some nice tips here! Nice Guide

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Nothing is worse than repeatedly getting review scores

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by saltymushi View Post
    Is it better to not post on the neoboards at all, or to try to pass off as legit?
    I wouldn't post on the Games boards for sure, the people on there know what they're talking about and it will be obvious if you don't. Equally, I wouldn't weigh in on any sort of games discussions at all where it can be avoided- I saw someone once give themselves away by mistakenly saying that the difficulty level on Maths Nightmare didn't change your score(and they had a gold trophy for that month).

You're fine more generally posting on the boards though, especially if you're looking for avs to help make your account look better in a more rounded sense(and therefore again more trustworthy).

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoPig View Post
    Nothing is worse than repeatedly getting review scores
    Eh review scores are fine so long as you've played the game sensibly. Either had a good wait time for SSing, paused a while before sending an AoBed game or just played it legit

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    21h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoSunset View Post
    Eh review scores are fine so long as you've played the game sensibly. Either had a good wait time for SSing, paused a while before sending an AoBed game or just played it legit
    or just played it legit
    played it legit
    legit
    What is this legit you speak of?