57 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Proxy Guide

PROXY GUIDE

What are proxies?

A proxy or proxy server is basically another computer that is between your computer and the Internet. When using a proxy you take the intermediary computer's IP to hide your own. Each IP is different, just like finger prints or addresses, they are unique.

Why should I use a proxy?

You should use a proxy to protect your home IP. In the result of account freezing, this prevents chain bans. If you're going to use (you need an account to see links) or (you need an account to see links) on multiple accounts, to be safe you should use a different IP on each. Why? multiple scores being sent from the same IP will surely raise a red flag, same with multiple shop buys.

What I do is I use my home address for my main account, and many proxies for my illegit side accounts. This way if one gets caught cheating I will only lose one account, and my main will be safe.

When should I use a proxy?

At any moment were you will be doing illegit things on neopets. TNT only tracks proxies during log in and log out.

If you're going to use a proxy for a program check the proxy box and enter a (you need an account to see links) address:port BEFORE logging in.

(you need an account to see links)

Types of Proxies

• Transparent Proxy (Level 3) - This type of proxy is seen as a proxy server and also makes the original IP address available. The use of a transparent proxy will get you around simple IP bans. They are transparent in the terms that your IP address is exposed, not transparent in the terms that you do not know that you are using it. Will not protect you from chain freezing.
    • Anonymous Proxy (Level 2): The web server can know you are using a proxy, but it can't know your real IP. It provides some anonymity. Will not protect you from chain freezing
    • High Anonymity Proxy (Elite/Level 1) - This type of proxy server does not identify itself as a proxy server and does not make available the original IP address. This will prevent chain freezing.

Helpful Links:

Any questions feel free to post here or PM

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to godaivaa For This Useful Post:

Artemissive (02-09-2014),AyBeCee (06-13-2017),Demetri (09-07-2013),icebox (10-04-2013),Lindsay (11-10-2014),Neal Caffrey (06-11-2015),Purrina (09-14-2018),Tato (04-12-2014)