Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there any way to gain self-confidence ?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    I think Insanity cost something though, right?
    I'd like to stay with something free if possible, or I'd probably pay for gym.

I'm running kinda low on money so that's why. D:
    I've got p90 as well as insanity as well as crossfit training videos (i work out)

i can see if i can make some copies
    *ima be fresh as hell even if the feds watch *

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Cath (09-07-2013),Raj (09-07-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

Re: Is there any way to gain self-confidence ?

I think Insanity cost something though, right?
    I'd like to stay with something free if possible, or I'd probably pay for gym.

I'm running kinda low on money so that's why. D:
    Torrents

Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    How about...eat less, exercise more?

In more direct terms, starve yourself and go jogging/running like there's one copy of Pokemon Y left in town and you have to beat the kid next door to get it?!
    Thats the opposite of what you should do, mayn!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    We only become fat from excess energy and carbs. Even if we're genetically predisposed to weight gain, it can only happen when there is excess material going into us (food).
    If we're at that point, there is no harm in eating less; just to burn off the excess and drain the adipose from ourselves.

Not to say we should subject ourselves to concentration camp diets, but you get what I mean regarding "starvation".

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Self-confidence can't be easily and quickly gained.
    It can only come slowly with personal drive and experience to succeed, over time.

Baby steps, k! Baby steps, bby!

I'm no alpha myself at present, but definitely made big improvements in interacting with others, with strangers over my post-secondary years.
    When I was 18 and started uni, I was alone in a new city. I was a quiet kid (to non-friends) in HS too. I was a bad pussy boy.

I didn't want to be a loner, and realized the only way to feel better and get what I wanted was to go out and grab it by the ballsack with my own two hands.
    My first attempts were embarrassing, particularly towards girls. Not even the heavenly blessed babes, just the average, decent girls.
    I would feel my face heating up just looking at them, my mouth go dry, and start to get a little weak as my heart was doing double-time.
    But I made the jump anyways and hollered at dose gurls.

Secondly, I strongly agree with @(you need an account to see links)'s ideology. Don't elevate anyone to a different level of aptitude, just because they are strangers. Everyone's a stranger to everyone else, everyone (normal) is a scared poosie at heart (except for those clearly extrovert douchebags, you don't want to know them anyways). Behind every hot bitch who wears heels and cakes on the makeup, is the same bland ugly little girl when they wake up in the morning.

Don't treat strangers differently, approach them like you would to a buddy. I do, the only thing I do differently when talking to new girls is to not throw out the cum & dick jokes (yet). Other than that, I speak what's on my mind freely. Much easier than composing some structured conversation ahead of time (that you'll likely mess up on anyways). Going back to what I said above, there are 2 kinds of people when it comes to social interaction. The hunters, and the hunted. Either you turtle and do shit, let others come to you and manhandle you, or you become the hunter and go to them - put the pressure on them, and have them open up to you. Be in control, k. Be the one to piitb.

---

As for losing weight, I think you're fine. But you definitely have the potential to be HBB material.

How about...eat less, exercise more?

In more direct terms, starve yourself and go jogging/running like there's one copy of Pokemon Y left in town and you have to beat the kid next door to get it?!
    First of all, omg, I have never seen such a perfect comparison as the one you did of the copy of Pokemon Y. I'd run fast as hell.

Also, thanks a lot for your input, it's much appreciated coming from you.
    As for the shy part, I'm definitely gonna work on it. I don't want to be the shy and lonely girl I am anymore. I want to have friends and others to know what I'm truly worth. It may be easier to do so once I get to University since I'll start fresh, and nobody there will know me. I think it's going to be the perfect occasion to be what I want to be.

As for the exercise, I'm slowly reducing the amount of food I eat, and also getting to eat more healthy food also.
    I can't just suddenly stop eating the way I used to, but I'm making progress every day to eat less and better food.

For the moving part, what kind of exercise could I do by myself at home ?
    Would doing push-ups, sit-ups, jogging and exercise bike be enough ? Or is there something else I should add to it ?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

Re: Is there any way to gain self-confidence ?

We only become fat from excess energy and carbs. Even if we're genetically predisposed to weight gain, it can only happen when there is excess material going into us (food).
    If we're at that point, there is no harm in eating less; just to burn off the excess and drain the adipose from ourselves.

Not to say we should subject ourselves to concentration camp diets, but you get what I mean regarding "starvation".
    Yea, i misinterpreted you, my bad haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    Torrents

LOL Mod you didnt say eat less brotha. you said starve!

i fortunately never had to face excess weight problems because of my high metabolism
    but i do have to face under weight problems. I dont like being a really skinny. even though i played sports all my life and hit the gym when i was highschool i never gained weight or got bigger, i just looked toner. I became a workout freak eating like 4 steaks a day to get big.. never got big.
    i'm still not big but i've realized i cant change who i am completely but i can better it to the best of my abilities.
    now i weigh a little shy of 170 when before i was 145 and I overall look bigger and more masculine. still not at the results that i would like but i'm closer.
    what i'm tryna say is that you dont have to be in a perfect body and be exactly how everyone else wants you to be. It's all about whether or not you consider yourself content with how you are. if not, make something happen. if so, keep doin what ya do.

this can be another thing that leads to less self-confidence. you dont think you look the best or something of that nature.
    Well i'm here to tell you i prefer a lil less muscle and a lil more giggle to my asses if you catch me. I dont like super fit girls who could be some kind of fitness instructor.. na trick, dat aint me.
    I see girls for their beauty, as for most people. when i say that i dont mean their physical shape and such. I consider women beautiful based off their bone complextion (facial structure), eyes, smile, does she work what she got, you konw those kinds of things. guys dont go for that top notch bad bitch cuz shes most likely full of herself and superficial.

real recognize real

I feel like that was a little all over the place, but my thoughts are a little bit too hahaha hopefully that made some sense

8. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Cath (09-07-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by jdswatsup View Post
    LOL Mod you didnt say eat less brotha. you said starve!

i fortunately never had to face excess weight problems because of my high metabolism
    but i do have to face under weight problems. I dont like being a really skinny. even though i played sports all my life and hit the gym when i was highschool i never gained weight or got bigger, i just looked toner. I became a workout freak eating like 4 steaks a day to get big.. never got big.
    i'm still not big but i've realized i cant change who i am completely but i can better it to the best of my abilities.
    now i weigh a little shy of 170 when before i was 145 and I overall look bigger and more masculine. still not at the results that i would like but i'm closer.
    what i'm tryna say is that you dont have to be in a perfect body and be exactly how everyone else wants you to be. It's all about whether or not you consider yourself content with how you are. if not, make something happen. if so, keep doin what ya do.

this can be another thing that leads to less self-confidence. you dont think you look the best or something of that nature.
    Well i'm here to tell you i prefer a lil less muscle and a lil more giggle to my asses if you catch me. I dont like super fit girls who could be some kind of fitness instructor.. na trick, dat aint me.
    I see girls for their beauty, as for most people. when i say that i dont mean their physical shape and such. I consider women beautiful based off their bone complextion (facial structure), eyes, smile, does she work what she got, you konw those kinds of things. guys dont go for that top notch bad bitch cuz shes most likely full of herself and superficial.

real recognize real

I feel like that was a little all over the place, but my thoughts are a little bit too hahaha hopefully that made some sense
    Aw, that's so sweet.
    Of course, I don't want to look like a really tiny bitch wanting every boys for herself lol, that's not me anyway.

I just wish I could wear a bikini without being ashamed of what I look like in it. lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    dont do push-ups, do more carb burning exercises like jumping jax, walking/ jogging, riding bikes.
    push ups build muscle and your looking to loose weight not gain it! muscle weighs more then fat. and to add to this you want your muscle to be elsewhere then your arms
    you'll see more of a tone and shape change then weight change. that is the first steps to looseing weight. you are infact looseing weight but also gaining muscle in your legs and abs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Cath (09-07-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by jdswatsup View Post
    dont do push-ups, do more carb burning exercises like jumping jax, walking/ jogging, riding bikes.
    push ups build muscle and your looking to loose weight not gain it! muscle weighs more then fat. and to add to this you want your muscle to be elsewhere then your arms
    you'll see more of a tone and shape change then weight change. that is the first steps to looseing weight. you are infact looseing weight but also gaining muscle in your legs and abs.
    Alright, will do! <3 Thanks a bunch!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Aw, that's so sweet.
    Of course, I don't want to look like a really tiny bitch wanting every boys for herself lol, that's not me anyway.

I just wish I could wear a bikini without being ashamed of what I look like in it. lol
    thats what i was. a really tiny bitch. it bothered me so much cuz i got hell for being so damn skinny. esp when girls are like damn your skinny. then i'm like FML i look like a pussy to this girl.

moral of everything i've said, you can always change. just make sure its a change for the better!