25/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Help please!! Elem. Statistics

Trying to figure out the correct sample space is driving me crazy! i've tried three times already, and it's preventing me from answering everything else for this problem

Attached Images Attached Images

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I beleeve part A is just (3,4) since it starts with a 3 or 4 and next number is even and the totals equal 7
    mis read, they are up to 7 so i'd say its like tihs
    (4,2), (4,1), (3,1), (3,4), (3,2), (3,3), (4,3)
    bart B
    1/3 x 1/2 = 1/6

part c
    21/36 = 7/12 ( got 21 possabilities of 2 die thrown not going over 7 and 36 total pairs possible.)

maybe.
    it confuses me with the 0's in it but you cant get 0 on a 6 sided die X_X

@(you need an account to see links)

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

or i could be wrong about the sample space. what could be messing you up is the two numbers going over 8 as i saw a few times when i was checking and the use of 0's. no zeros on a die
    Last edited by |2eap; 09-07-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) the 0 not being on a die i understand - i should've realized that. I wanna slap myself right now.

but the 'Let B be the event that the sum of the two rolls is at most 7', they're only referring to the rolls that have 3 or 4 in the first roll? or do they mean any kind of roll? like {1,3}

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    or i could be wrong about the sample space. what could be messing you up is the two numbers going over 8 as i saw a few times when i was checking and the use of 0's. no zeros on a die

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    and about the two numbers going over 8, i thought it wouldn't matter as long as the first number was 3 or 4, and the second number would be even. i thought that A and B were supposed to be two completely different sets of rolls. if that makes any sense?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by coldtowelz View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) the 0 not being on a die i understand - i should've realized that. I wanna slap myself right now.

but the 'Let B be the event that the sum of the two rolls is at most 7', they're only referring to the rolls that have 3 or 4 in the first roll? or do they mean any kind of roll? like {1,3}
    yea thats what i was thinking too. i was going to say try both.
    7/12 is for all possibilities, I thought maybe it was just soley for part B and not the two together. its asking for the prob of Dice A alone so i dont see why Dice B isnt alone too. thus meaning that 7/12 would be the correct answer

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

and about the two numbers going over 8, i thought it wouldn't matter as long as the first number was 3 or 4, and the second number would be even. i thought that A and B were supposed to be two completely different sets of rolls. if that makes any sense?
    this could be true. this is one thing i dont like about prob and stat because sometimes it can be unclear. i've learned to not over think it though.
    the space pull could be either A&B together which would mean some of the answers above are wrong (the ones not followed by an even number)
    or A&B seperate which i think it is. just do all that start with 3 or 4 and add up to be 7 or less. with no zeros

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    welp, i tried it with unchecking all the ones with 0 in it, and kept all that are under 7 and that doesn't start with 3 or 4 - in addition to the ones that start with 3 or 4 and even in the 2nd roll - and it was still wrong. -_- that was my last try too, and i ended up with a C on the assignment. I should've asked for help earlier! *sigh* oh well. thanks for the effort though, JD!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to coldtowelz For This Useful Post:

|2eap (09-07-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    welp, i tried it with unchecking all the ones with 0 in it, and kept all that are under 7 and that doesn't start with 3 or 4 - in addition to the ones that start with 3 or 4 and even in the 2nd roll - and it was still wrong. -_- that was my last try too, and i ended up with a C on the assignment. I should've asked for help earlier! *sigh* oh well. thanks for the effort though, JD!
    ah shit, we will get em next time!