19/1
    Mentioned
    251 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

Integrated Webcam Not Working +rep

Today I got a new laptop, well it's used, but it's new to me.

It is a HP Compaq CQ62 201 Model
    The person I got it from restored it to factory settings and all that good stuff.

But when I come home, I can't get the integrated webcam to work, or even show up in the device manager.
    Now, I was looking around on Google, and a lot (earlier models) of the HP CQ62 Models did not, but mine, the CQ62 201 Model has an Integrated Webcam and Microphone.
    So please don't tell me it doesn't have one, as I am literally staring at it as I write this up xD

So I figured it was just the driver needed to be installed, that somehow it got removed or something.
    But I can't find the driver anywhere <_<

If someone can help me get this working, I will def. give full rep, and my eternal gratefulness!

Also, I am still Updating Windows, do you think this could make a difference?
    Like when you first get it and it needs to install some Updates and stuff, it's still in the process of that.

Mucho thanks in advance, please tag me or quote me if you post so I can see it ASAP

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) So not to sound too obvious but I had this problem with my current laptop. After a long while of searching the interwebz for answers I finally discovered the Fn button and the camera symbol on my F9 key which I needed to press to turn it on and make it show up. I imagine you've probably checked that already but just throwing it out there

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoSunset For This Useful Post:

grrrawr (09-06-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    234 times
    Time Online
    48d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoSunset View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) So not to sound too obvious but I had this problem with my current laptop. After a long while of searching the interwebz for answers I finally discovered the Fn button and the camera symbol on my F9 key which I needed to press to turn it on and make it show up. I imagine you've probably checked that already but just throwing it out there
    i'm gonna laugh if this was the problem ._.