63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

The Pittsburgh Pirates Aren't Losers Anymore

*WARNING: This could become very long-winded, depending on how much I want to say. If you don't like reading or the Pirates, leave now.*

I will say this about myself right now. I am straight from Pittsburgh, and I am a bandwagon fan. I grew up watching football. When the Penguins started to buzz, I wondered what this whole hockey thing was all about, and started watching. I fell in love with the sport. The same thing happened to me the past couple of years with the Pirates when they started to generate some hype. Now I try to watch games as much as possible, not because I love the sport (baseball is too slow for me), but because I want to see my city's teams succeed.

Last night the Pirates defeated the Milwaukee Brewers by a score of 4-3 to secure their 81st win, enough to guarantee them at least a .500 season. Our streak of 20 consecutive losing years is over. Even by the infinitesimal chance that the Pirates lose all of their remaining games, no one can call us losers anymore. We aren't the running joke of the MLB anymore.

Now, let me be clear. I am not here to say that my team is the best, or to talk trash on any other teams. I am just so proud of my city and my team. I am only 18, meaning I have never seen a non-losing Pirates before in my life. Until last night, that is. I think what I am most happy about is that the resurrection of the Pirates mirrors the resurrection of Pittsburgh itself. For a long time, before I was born and into part of my life, Pittsburgh was the place to get away from. It was unhealthy, with old-timey views and a poor economy. Now, all that has changed, it seems. Pittsburgh is rapidly becoming a fantastic place to be and I am so grateful to have been born and raised here.

Back to the Pirates. Another thing that is wonderful is that we still have 24 games remaining with which we can try to advance our goals. It's not like they were playing the final game of the season to reach .500, or even one game over. We still have almost a month left to try and further our mission: a World Series Championship. It is extremely unlikely, I know, but it is still our final objective. I say again, I am proud.

I bleed black and gold for life. That is a fact. All I have to say now is...

FUCK YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Thank you for bearing through my rant.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GOAT For This Useful Post:

Charlie (09-04-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    The Pittsburgh Pirates will always be losers!!!
    Orioles ftw!
    @(you need an account to see links) lol
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) Tell that to Sports Illustrated!

Attached Images Attached Images