Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Neomail

Has anyone successfully automated sending neomail messages recently?

TNT really fucked with the code on that page, and even nearly 100% imitating a real message (using charles to verify) doesn't do the trick.

Using python:
    The only thing in the request I haven't gotten the same is the "Connection: keep-alive", since mechanize doesn't support it. I almost have gotten to the point of using a different module that will support it (even though it seems odd that this would cause the problem - or is it not odd?)

I should mention I'm not building any sort of spambot bs. I'm looking for easier ways to reply to messages using my own format is all.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by ritzwin View Post
    Has anyone successfully automated sending neomail messages recently?

TNT really fucked with the code on that page, and even nearly 100% imitating a real message (using charles to verify) doesn't do the trick.

Using python:
    The only thing in the request I haven't gotten the same is the "Connection: keep-alive", since mechanize doesn't support it. I almost have gotten to the point of using a different module that will support it (even though it seems odd that this would cause the problem - or is it not odd?)

I should mention I'm not building any sort of spambot bs. I'm looking for easier ways to reply to messages using my own format is all.
    Are you using a wrapper? It looks normal to me. There is a redirect after sending the mail.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I hadn't noticed the redirect- maybe I should take a look into that. I have no experience with keep-alive connections, so I was wondering if that was the issue. Last I checked I didn't see any other parts of the site that used this. All headers are the same as a legit request (except connection), however not in the same order lol...

I'm sending requests the same way I send almost all requests to neopets (which work for various parts of the site)- I'm not sure if thats what your wrapper comment is getting at?

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    I hadn't noticed the redirect- maybe I should take a look into that. I have no experience with keep-alive connections, so I was wondering if that was the issue. Last I checked I didn't see any other parts of the site that used this. All headers are the same as a legit request (except connection), however not in the same order lol...

I'm sending requests the same way I send almost all requests to neopets (which work for various parts of the site)- I'm not sure if thats what your wrapper comment is getting at?
    Well you might still be sending the neomail, have you tested to see if you are? Or are you relying on the response you are getting from your code execution? If you are, you will just see the "Found" header because it is being redirected.

My question in terms of using a wrapper - are you using the normal library functions of connecting to Neopets or are you using a class that handles all connections, cookies and such?

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I know I'm not sending the neomail, I've check the recipient account, and the response is that angry red/white/black message saying "we don't know how you got here, check ur browser settings". So I'm sure it's what I'm sending.

Well I've manually added everything to the header so that it matches a legit neomail (I normally don't use all headers, but I added them all for this troublesome request) , and I have a library that handles cookies just fine everywhere else on neopets.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    I know I'm not sending the neomail, I've check the recipient account, and the response is that angry red/white/black message saying "we don't know how you got here, check ur browser settings". So I'm sure it's what I'm sending.

Well I've manually added everything to the header so that it matches a legit neomail (I normally don't use all headers, but I added them all for this troublesome request) , and I have a library that handles cookies just fine everywhere else on neopets.
    Well then I recommend simulating the redirect portion of the process just like how your browser does. Of course, this might not even be the issue because you can usually get by without having to do this (my login is this way ) but you never know.

------------------------
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Thanks for your help, you've given me a few ideas to go off of. My login's messed up hehe, but it works- hasn't caused an icing ever since I've been using it- over a year now

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Thanks for your help, you've given me a few ideas to go off of. My login's messed up hehe, but it works- hasn't caused an icing ever since I've been using it- over a year now
    Same here.

Sometimes for my projects, if it gets the job done then I am satisfied.. but in a professional perspective, such as at your job, I know that not finishing that login simulation and relying on the "found" header response would get you in trouble.

------------------------
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    hehe agreed, some of the code I wrote a year ago I cringe at, but it works... so as long as I don't need to touch it I'm revealed.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Works fine here ..

Based on the tamper data:

I made this script:
    Code:
    from classes.NeoAccount import NeoAccount

neouser = ""   #Neopets Username
    neopass = ""  #Neopets Password

acc = NeoAccount(neouser,neopass)

acc.login()
    postdata = {"recipient" : "England" , "neofreinds" : "" , "subject" : "Test" , "message_type" : "notitle" , "message_body" : "this is a test message"}
    html = acc.post("http://www.neopets.com/process_neomessages.phtml",postdata , "http://www.neopets.com/neomessages.phtml?type=send")

print html
    Notice this line?
    html = acc.post("http://www.neopets.com/process_neomessages.phtml",postdata , "http://www.neopets.com/neomessages.phtml?type=send")

The last parameter is the refferal url (ie the page the browser was sent from) , without it we get this message:

Here is the received neomail....

(you need an account to see links) by @(you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by DarkByte; 10-01-2013 at 03:45 AM.