75/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul View Post

I understand your frustration! I totally do, and I understand every point you're making as well. The minimum wage system is extremely messed up. Much like America's economy as a whole. I'd say America in general is pretty messed up. It's sad. I wish we could just snap our fingers and fix it, and everyone can be happy and live comfortable lives. And poverty is tough. I agree completely. It's very hard to do much of anything when you have no money. And yes, I agree that it is hard to find jobs nowadays. I was just saying it wasn't necessarily impossible.
    It's not just that poverty is tough - It is almost impossible to escape poverty. There are so many different aspects that are difficult to understand if you are not part of it (and even more if you are not a minority)

(you need an account to see links)
    ^this gives a pretty good/light read into the issue. The more you read about this issue, the more you realize it's not just a quick fix.

There is also the fact that a lot of these people don't have personal computers so they can't apply to jobs online, or they lack the knowledge of how to prepare a resume, or how to interview well. Perhaps they don't own nice clothing, or they just do not have the knowledge base or skills because the only job they've had is one working at McDonald's, where they never learned anything besides basic cashier skills.
    There are no girls on the internet.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to osiyo For This Useful Post:

Soul (08-29-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    You get paid more in entry/retail/food service jobs in Canada; HS kids & deadbeats make $10-12/hr now (CDN).

But considering everything in Canada costs 25-33% more than the US (despite near dollar parity) and taxation is higher than the US, the actual wage payout is nearly the same.

Hence most of us order goodies online and try to find US sellers willing to ship here (even CDN shipping is ridiculous), and we cross the border to buy cars (new & used). A $15k new car in US is $20k in CDN, etc.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    @(you need an account to see links)

No! Has to be from the day you got the pet! I'm not paying for free days!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Came for the prank, and ended up witnessing a thoughtful discussion on minimum wage and poverty.
    You do you, clraik.

But that prank was funny as hell. hahaha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clair For This Useful Post:

Soul (08-29-2013)