Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Ratemyprof is a nice site, and you should definitely be wary of prof ratings who are consistently low throughout the years.

But keep in mind that for the new profs, or ones with so-so ratings, that a large chunk of negative ratings are from slackers who didn't try and received low (or F) grades. Venting their frustrations in the only way they can, anonymously to their *hated* profs on ratemyprof, . More often than not, if students thought their profs were aight, they just won't review them on the site out of contentment and laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    The thing that's killing me, however, is just getting adjusted to having so many classes.
    If you know you're working under pressure and have to succeed, you ought to make it.

It's those who breeze by, or put off their studies day-by-day, thinking they can make up for it the day after, that get into trouble.
    (I was one of those kids)

"Good luck have fun do drugs, Jen." ?
    DON'T DIE, JEN. DON'T DIE.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    One of the songs i heard in TC also brought me back into this genre, Find Yourself by John O'Callaghan and Sarah Howells. i think it was actually you or @(you need an account to see links) who requested it haha
    I don't request nigga, I play that shit
    Good song though right?

As far as trance goes, Above & Beyond <3
    Did I already ask you to marry me?
    Can I do it again?

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

jena (09-01-2013),Raj (08-31-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    20h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    House for the groove, but Trance for the feels.
    Yes, omg. Trance

Have you been to any EDM events? :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytea View Post
    Yes, omg. Trance

Have you been to any EDM events? :3
    Do you...LOVE TRANCE TOO?!

To answer your Q, only local events thus far. Have been to see guys like Ferry, PvD, AvB, Tiesto, Dash, A&B, Lange, First State, MS54 play live - even vocalists like Hewitt and Howells a couple times.
    But I haven't been to any of those events in a while...good times = low money & low grades for me.

Never been to the big ones like EDC or UMF as peeps I know - y'know the ticket prices + flight costs + hotels + food/leisure = big money for a broke ass CDN college kid.

And yourself?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    20h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Do you...LOVE TRANCE TOO?!

To answer your Q, only local events thus far. Have been to see guys like Ferry, PvD, AvB, Tiesto, Dash, A&B, Lange, First State, MS54 play live - even vocalists like Hewitt and Howells a couple times.
    But I haven't been to any of those events in a while...good times = low money & low grades for me.

Never been to the big ones like EDC or UMF as peeps I know - y'know the ticket prices + flight costs + hotels + food/leisure = big money for a broke ass CDN college kid.

And yourself?
    Yes, I do!!
    I've never been to an event that was strictly trance though.

I saw Steve Aoki for New Year's last year, Porter Robinson in February and then I went to EDC LV :3 Then I went to LBL's Super You & Me event a month after.

Eeep, I love a&b! They honestly made me feel so much better at EDC when I was floored for half the night.

EDC overall was amazing! I definitely want to go back. You should definitely go when you can
    My experience there honestly destroyed my experience of events in NY. People were so nice in Las Vegas, and then I came back to NY, and people were so mean here, they push and shove you and walk all over you. But it's honestly just the people at the events that kind of ruin it for me. No good vibes there :c I agree though, going to far away events are pretty expensive. I'm a broke ass college kid as well :3 But I've resolved on either going to at least 1 big event somewhere, or a nice vacation each year. We're young, do what you can while you still have time, or at least that's the way I like to think of it :3

UMF was crazy expensive for 2014. I tried to get tickets, but the early bird started at like $300, and then $400, and then I was all hell no.
    Veld might be nice to go to though :3 I hear Toronto is a nice place. Ooh, or Defqon :3 That's also something I really want to go to.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaytea For This Useful Post:

Mod (09-17-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytea View Post
    Yes, I do!!
    I've never been to an event that was strictly trance though.

I saw Steve Aoki for New Year's last year, Porter Robinson in February and then I went to EDC LV :3 Then I went to LBL's Super You & Me event a month after.

Eeep, I love a&b! They honestly made me feel so much better at EDC when I was floored for half the night.

EDC overall was amazing! I definitely want to go back. You should definitely go when you can
    My experience there honestly destroyed my experience of events in NY. People were so nice in Las Vegas, and then I came back to NY, and people were so mean here, they push and shove you and walk all over you. But it's honestly just the people at the events that kind of ruin it for me. No good vibes there :c I agree though, going to far away events are pretty expensive. I'm a broke ass college kid as well :3 But I've resolved on either going to at least 1 big event somewhere, or a nice vacation each year. We're young, do what you can while you still have time, or at least that's the way I like to think of it :3

UMF was crazy expensive for 2014. I tried to get tickets, but the early bird started at like $300, and then $400, and then I was all hell no.
    Veld might be nice to go to though :3 I hear Toronto is a nice place. Ooh, or Defqon :3 That's also something I really want to go to.
    I don't like to admit it, but Trance is dying - it's pretty hard (impossible?) to find a pure Trance event now. The few dedicated Trance events left feature artists I've never even heard of; all the big names would rather play in mixed events these days. Overtaken by House, Electro, Hardstyle, and Dub...(btw don't hate - I hate Dub). I don't have a problem with the other 2 and sometimes find some catchy House/Electro tracks, but Trance will always be #1 for me...it's what got me into EDM, even before I started sprouting hair on my sack. I will make an exception to my earlier statement however, I lately started getting into Trancestep, and in short doses, that beat's pretty sick!

Wow shit girl, you party hardy with all those outings! Do you also...hit up the club every other week?

Yeah, between where I live, this past summer we had a couple big outdoor events too. One I didn't pay much attention to, it was more House & Electro headliners like Aoki, Kaskade, Pretty Lights, Afrojack, Morgan Page, etc. The only notable Trance artist was GE. The other one was more in my taste, among the lineup was Tiesto, a&b, MS54. Sadly I didn't get to go to that one; it's a few hours away by car and I elected to take spring/summer classes so I could gtfo out school by (hopefully) the end of the year. AvB, LBL, and W&W are headlining a 2-day thing here next month though...so maybe that.

A lot of people I know have gone to EDC in past years already, though most of them are done school or never went to it, .
    NY...C? I've heard and can assume that the peeps are more r00d over there in general, both in and out of EDM events. But hey, it's the big...biggest city around here anyways, eh? But naw, it's pretty common in all of these gigs, esp in 5,000+ events that there are gonna be some punches thrown or worse yet, catfights. Glad I don't have to worry about long hair pulling and heel stomping as a guy, lol. One time I was taking a video at one and to my right, I caught a guy on my camera that got socked in the head, and started dripping blood down his temple...

"We're young, do what you can while you still have time, or at least that's the way I like to think of it :3"
    aka. #YOLO

I guess Veld is pretty solid if you live in Toronto, events around where I live are pretty much the same so I wouldn't be so stoked about it however.
    When I heard Sensation was coming to Toronto, I got excited. But when I checked the lineup, I was disappointed. Goes to show what I mean by Trance dying...Sensation now is nothing like Sensation a decade ago.
    (I really wanted to check out White & Black in Amsterdam, back when they kept it real)

Y'know, I also used to think about Defqon - but Hard Trance & Hardstyle back then is not the same stuff now - Idk if Hard Trance really exists anymore, it all sounds like Hardstyle, Electro, and well, Dub.

Well damn! Reading my own post makes me sound like a one-track minded old fuck already. If anything, my friends sure tell me so from my hearing.
    (Sorry for the length. When I start thinking, I go on in all directions as I type...others on cK already know, )

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    20h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't like to admit it, but Trance is dying - it's pretty hard (impossible?) to find a pure Trance event now. The few dedicated Trance events left feature artists I've never even heard of; all the big names would rather play in mixed events these days. Overtaken by House, Electro, Hardstyle, and Dub...(btw don't hate - I hate Dub). I don't have a problem with the other 2 and sometimes find some catchy House/Electro tracks, but Trance will always be #1 for me...it's what got me into EDM, even before I started sprouting hair on my sack. I will make an exception to my earlier statement however, I lately started getting into Trancestep, and in short doses, that beat's pretty sick!

Wow shit girl, you party hardy with all those outings! Do you also...hit up the club every other week?

Yeah, between where I live, this past summer we had a couple big outdoor events too. One I didn't pay much attention to, it was more House & Electro headliners like Aoki, Kaskade, Pretty Lights, Afrojack, Morgan Page, etc. The only notable Trance artist was GE. The other one was more in my taste, among the lineup was Tiesto, a&b, MS54. Sadly I didn't get to go to that one; it's a few hours away by car and I elected to take spring/summer classes so I could gtfo out school by (hopefully) the end of the year. AvB, LBL, and W&W are headlining a 2-day thing here next month though...so maybe that.

A lot of people I know have gone to EDC in past years already, though most of them are done school or never went to it, .
    NY...C? I've heard and can assume that the peeps are more r00d over there in general, both in and out of EDM events. But hey, it's the big...biggest city around here anyways, eh? But naw, it's pretty common in all of these gigs, esp in 5,000+ events that there are gonna be some punches thrown or worse yet, catfights. Glad I don't have to worry about long hair pulling and heel stomping as a guy, lol. One time I was taking a video at one and to my right, I caught a guy on my camera that got socked in the head, and started dripping blood down his temple...

"We're young, do what you can while you still have time, or at least that's the way I like to think of it :3"
    aka. #YOLO

I guess Veld is pretty solid if you live in Toronto, events around where I live are pretty much the same so I wouldn't be so stoked about it however.
    When I heard Sensation was coming to Toronto, I got excited. But when I checked the lineup, I was disappointed. Goes to show what I mean by Trance dying...Sensation now is nothing like Sensation a decade ago.
    (I really wanted to check out White & Black in Amsterdam, back when they kept it real)

Y'know, I also used to think about Defqon - but Hard Trance & Hardstyle back then is not the same stuff now - Idk if Hard Trance really exists anymore, it all sounds like Hardstyle, Electro, and well, Dub.

Well damn! Reading my own post makes me sound like a one-track minded old fuck already. If anything, my friends sure tell me so from my hearing.
    (Sorry for the length. When I start thinking, I go on in all directions as I type...others on cK already know, )
    Yeah, it's really hard to find an event that's purely trance now. Everything is mixed these days.
    LOL, even before you started sprouting hairs on your sack, damn. I don't really mind the mix, except for dub, I can probably stand dub for a few minutes before I get bored/tired. I love songs that have catchy beats and hardstyle, those two are great for shuffling. But what I like the most are the vocals, if the vocals aren't good it honestly kills the song for me. IMO, Krewella doesn't have good vocals, at least in some of their songs anyways.

Hahaha, no I don't My bf doesn't like clubbing, although I like it just for the feel and the music. I'm not going to be doing anything for the rest of this year...I think. That might be a complete lie, I'm really tempted to go to an event later on in the year, but I'm also going on a skiing trip with some friends and I have to save for that.

I plan on taking summer courses this coming year, which is really a bummer because it means I can't go to events either. :c
    Ooh, sounds cool! You should definitely try and go to the two-day event :3 It sounds like it'll be nice!

Yeah, people here are pretty nasty lol. I can be pretty mean too, especially to tourists or just anyone honestly. But I never expected to see those kinds of vibes at events, mostly because of how nice EDC was and how I'm super into the whole concept of PLUR. I don't know why I never realized it, I mean, I saw two girls go at it at Porter; one girl was rolling and she accidentally slapped a girl in the face trying to high five her? And the other girl responded by punching her in the face .__. I honestly forgot all of those things happened though. There were over 300,000 people at EDC this year and I didn't see or hear of a single fight. Hell, people were so nice there that some guy bought me a $45 sweater because I was cold, and then he felt back so him and his wife gave me a ton of their MDMA for free. .__. Needless to say, it was all overwhelming and I ended up being super floored the last 2 days.

Ahahaha, I guess. I wasn't too stoked for Veld either, but my bf was dying to go....sadly, I dragged him with me to Las Vegas for EDC instead.

I agree, a lot of the artists have changed their styles to fit the growing popularity of the EDM crowd. Same goes for many of the events now too.
    Maybe when the hype dies down things will edge a little bit more towards what they originally used to be.

I'd go to Defqon just for the hardstyle. Plus, there's no other event like that here. It'd be a whole new experience.

Haha, that's fine. Excuse my long response I love talking on forums if the topic interests me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Agreed, Vocal Trance was, and still is one of my favourite sub-genres of Trance. Really adds meaning and flow to a track; it can make me reflect on myself, or get me pumped to hell. It also makes me seem like less of a weirdo when I have lyrics to go with in the shower, instead of trying to emulate the beeps, boops, drums, kicks, and bass by mouth. It sounds good in my head, but after I've heard myself recorded..."nope" is all I'm gonna say. Vocals in...Hardstyle? I wasn't aware there could be good vocals in Hardstyle. The only one that comes to mind is FTS by Showtek, erm...

Ah, that's normal. Most guys don't go clubbing anyways, other than if it's someone's bday, to smash some sloots, or protect their girl from slootin'. I rarely go myself, except when an EDM artist is playing there that isn't going to be at a bigger event soon.

Buck up, missing 1-2 events means saving the monies and having an easier time in the regular semesters. Few nights vs. few months of comfort. Plus you finish school sooner, less responsibility then so you can party harder (if you still want to, I'm already feeling the oldness rubbing off on me).

"I can be pretty mean too, especially to tourists or just anyone honestly."
    Another reason why I should never visit NY. I'll be on the lookout for peeps that look like you if I do, and try not to cross you. My soft innocent Canadian ass cannot take in such American aggression so hard.

PLUR...oh, so you're one of those pure ravers, huh? You do the whole furry legging thing too? Anyways, the way I see it, there's 3 main types of peeps that go to these events: Candy kids/ravers, regular peeps, and the GTL Jersey Shore dudes (& Snooki girls) that go to pick fights and have that got-it-in-the-butt face the whole night. (I'm more of a regular peep, don't expect me to go in flip-flops, shorts, and a tank) The aggression's more likely to happen the closer you are to mainstage at the front, it's where I like to hang most during these times. Yeah one time I was pancaked at the front and unintentionally grinding on this chick in front of me when her guy friend was next to her. He was told me to back off; ironically, after he tried to hit on my chick friend next to me. That's when she grabbed my hands and leaned in close (to fake it). Couldn't hear her at first, so I was just thinking, "Yo wtf?! Did you pop molly without telling me or smth?".

What blows is once you leave, it'll take hours before you can get back to where you were, so I usually opt for not moving and staying in the crowd for the whole night. Gotta remember to carry water or something though; the first time I did that, I was there for 8 hours straight and started cramping hard halfway through, but didn't want to leave and just took the hits (lesson learned).

It was a good decision pick EDC over Veld.

Yeah, just look at Tiesto.
    Maybe, but I'm pessimistic that they'll go back to what they were. EDM's pretty progressive and doesn't look back. I don't have high hopes, if Dub is the current thing, what's gonna be the next?

Never been to a Hard event before? Well if you're PLUR, you might enjoy it. Just a lot of hard bass to get you going all night, don't expect many slow moments to just stop and feel like at regular events.

I tell everyone, I like reading. I just don't like replying. Don't be offended if I don't get back on it asap, sometimes I read a huge post just before I'm going to crash/leave and think, "Fuck this! I'll get to it later!"

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    20h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links)

I hope I did that mention thing right... Hahaha.

But yes, oh god the vocals definitely add meaning to the track or just makes it so much better. Trance in general makes me pretty relaxed in contrast to like Hardstyle where I'm literally just jumping around shuffling the entire time. Hahaha, yeah; imagine making those noises in the shower? Might freak some people out. My suitemate used to listen to EDM in the shower with her laptop... I wanted to do that one time, but I was terrified that I'd damage my laptop from all the humidity. There's not really vocals in hardstyle. More like a few words or sentences thrown in here and there. Krewella isn't really hardstyle though, but they're more like an example of something that isn't Trance that still has bad vocals.

LOL Sloots, my little cousin says that word a lot. I think it's kind of weird.
    EDM events in the clubs around here are always packed, and that's usually where the rougher crowd is too because the drunk people are there too. A lot of people get elbowed and shoved. UGH, You could be in the back and still get shoved.

Oh yeah, definitely missing a few shows here and there will make the semester easier. Last time when I went to porter, my comedown was so bad I missed two days of classes because I didn't leave my room.

I'm going to see what my parents say about taking a summer course, because I think it's like $20k just for the summer.

I mean, you should definitely visit New York just to see what it's like. Most tourists don't get attacked or anything. Usually people will spot tourists a mile away and try to not walk into them lolol. I'm not mean to tourists...I just don't like them very much :p They're so slow when they walk around and it really sucks when you're in a rush to get somewhere. Most New Yorkers are always in a rush too so, you can see why people around here don't really like tourists.

YES, PLUR YAY I love all the Kandi kids and regular ravers. I'm such a huge kandi kid. I love making kandi. It's just so much fun//a nice way to pass the time when you have nothing to do. When I went to EDC I was wearing tons of epic cuffs and singles. I made these cuffs for other people. These aren't all of the ones I made to give away either.

I tend to stay away from the people that give off that jersey shore vibe lolol or those people that just come up to you and are like, OH MY GOD,YOU HAVE SO MANY BRACELETS CAN I HAVE ONE? And then they ask for one that a friend gave me and I'm just like no, and then they try and take it from me DNASKLDJASLDA. Those people man. THOSE PEOPLE. But yeah, I go all out with the fluffies and everything. The only thing I don't go for are the tutus, and I try to wear a little bit more clothes since my boyfriend doesn't like the idea of me running around in underwear lolol, but I'm like attached to him the entire time so...

LOLOL, Fun stuff happens up at the front of the stage. I've been in the middle before, and fights have started there. When I saw that girl get punched in the face, that was in the back too lol. IT'S NOT SAFE ANYWHERE.

Oh damn lol, yeah you have to stay where you are if you get stuck in a crowded area. That's why I stay in the back There's room to shuffle, room to run around and all the fun stuff. What happens if you get stuck in the front and need to go to the bathroom? .__. My bf and all of my guy friends carry around the bookbags that have water packs in them, so water is never really a problem. You should get one, they're super useful

My art teacher heard some Skrillex I was playing in high school, and he thought a computer had broke and was crying lol. He told me to turn it off.

I can't wait to see what comes next, but honestly I could care less unless they made some sort of amazing progression towards trance or something pleasant.

Nah, there's no HARD events here in NYC. But HARD Events don't allow kandi. They look amazingly fun though. Right now, I think there are only hard events in Cali. Cali is huge on EDM.

HAHAHA, That's fine! I do the same thing. I respond when I have time. I'm really backed up in class work/homework, so it might take me a while to respond too sometimes x:
    Hi, I'm Kara