Interesting article by examiner.com on the future of the content just sitting on megaupload's servers. I'm glad I didn't store any of my downloaded stuff there!

[QUOTE]Now that Megaupload is not working, what is going to happen to all those files that were stored there?

Megaupload.com was one of the largest file storage spaces online and, despite what the news might have you believing by now, was not used purely for bootlegging copyrighted content. Many PC video games allow, even encourage, custom content created by the players. The Sims series is well-known for this and Bioware games also got onboard, releasing a Toolset to do just that. Megaupload.com provided a convenient and easy way to share these files with the rest of the world without having to own your own website and use up your own bandwidth.

It was as easy as making an account, uploading the files and sharing a link with other gamers who might be interested.

So what exactly is happening to these files now that Megaupload is not working?

Right now you can feel secure that your files are safe on the Megaupload servers. [B]The FBI is going to keep the files intact so that they can go over them with a fine-toothed comb looking for illegal content - if you had anything copyrighted or otherwise illegal up you should cross your fingers they don