DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    YOLO is just a line used by people who want to try and justify acting like a dick.

Although I strongly disagree with your racism and sexism points, pretty much everything else I agree with haha.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    69d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I thought I was gonna make it through the whole list without being one of those people.. Then it went downhill

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demetri For This Useful Post:

Dom~ (08-13-2013),team rocket (08-13-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    108/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    49d 8h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetri View Post
    I thought I was gonna make it through the whole list without being one of those people.. Then it went downhill
    You my friend, are a dick
    Just kidding, only to jolz you are C:
    [11:06 PN] domenick: you cant fix stupid
    [11:06 PM] andrew: unfortunately not lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoSunset View Post
    YOLO is just a line used by people who want to try and justify acting like a dick.

Although I strongly disagree with your racism and sexism points, pretty much everything else I agree with haha.
    so you think only white men can be racist and sexist?

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ~Domenick~ View Post
    You my friend, are a dick
    Just kidding, only to jolz you are C:
    Hey, I'm a dick as well

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demetri View Post
    lol which bit did it start to go downhill?
    Last edited by Jolz; 08-13-2013 at 04:24 AM.

I see you have an opinion?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jolz For This Useful Post:

Dom~ (08-13-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolz View Post
    so you think only white men can be racist and sexist?
    I think anyone can make offensive remarks based on someone's race or gender. But only a member of an oppressed group can suffer racism or sexism.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I think anyone can make offensive remarks based on someone's race or gender. But only a member of an oppressed group can suffer racism or sexism.
    People who are born in a modern society are born into equal right, past events from when we are not born is not a right to be more offended then other.

Being racist and sexist to a white man is the same as being racist and sexist to a black women, saying that it isn't the same is saying that white men and black women aren't equal.

That might just be my opinion, but it makes sense to me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jolz For This Useful Post:

Whispers (08-13-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    People who are born in a modern society are born into equal right, past events from when we are not born is not a right to be more offended then other.

Being racist and sexist to a white man is the same as being racist and sexist to a black women, saying that it isn't the same is saying that white men and black women aren't equal.

That might just be my opinion, but it makes sense to me.
    So you truly believe that sexism and racism have been entirely eradicated?

Don't get me wrong, there have been massive improvements on both fronts (and just as another liberation campaign, with LGBT rights too) but there is still plenty of evidence of people being disadvantaged by reason of their gender, race or sexuality.

I'm not saying that white men and black women aren't equal, you misunderstand me. I'm saying that one group is supported in all its pursuits by the society we live in (whether that's implicit by societal pressures or explicit by things such as maternity/paternity leave) whilst another is not. And as such, forming part of a system of oppression, you can only be sexist/racist/homophobic to someone not in a majority imo.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    So you truly believe that sexism and racism have been entirely eradicated?

Don't get me wrong, there have been massive improvements on both fronts (and just as another liberation campaign, with LGBT rights too) but there is still plenty of evidence of people being disadvantaged by reason of their gender, race or sexuality.

I'm not saying that white men and black women aren't equal, you misunderstand me. I'm saying that one group is supported in all its pursuits by the society we live in (whether that's implicit by societal pressures or explicit by things such as maternity/paternity leave) whilst another is not. And as such, forming part of a system of oppression, you can only be sexist/racist/homophobic to someone not in a majority imo.
    I think we have both completely misunderstood each other here.

I am not saying racism has been eradicated, not by any means. It is still strong as it has ever been.

What I mean is, to me, people are equal so no matter of gender or race, anyone is capable of being racist and sexist. That's all.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jolz For This Useful Post:

Whispers (08-13-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I think we have both completely misunderstood each other here.

I am not saying racism has been eradicated, not by any means. It is still strong as it has ever been.

What I mean is, to me, people are equal so no matter of gender or race, anyone is capable of being racist and sexist. That's all.
    Ok but if racism has not been eradicated then surely you can see it's not entirely true to say we are all equal? If 'society' is supporting one group and, in effect, beating up another then there is inequality there, despite our base equality. Thus a white person (supported and backed by society) can never truly suffer from racism in the same way as, for example, a black person. A white person can be insulted based on their race, but it won't form part of a wider system of oppression so cannot have the same impact and is therefore different to racism.

Also it strikes me this thread has become significantly less light-heartedly grumpy than originally intended haha, my bad!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoSunset For This Useful Post:

Jolz (08-13-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Ok but if racism has not been eradicated then surely you can see it's not entirely true to say we are all equal? If 'society' is supporting one group and, in effect, beating up another then there is inequality there, despite our base equality. Thus a white person (supported and backed by society) can never truly suffer from racism in the same way as, for example, a black person. A white person can be insulted based on their race, but it won't form part of a wider system of oppression so cannot have the same impact and is therefore different to racism.

Also it strikes me this thread has become significantly less light-heartedly grumpy than originally intended haha, my bad!

Quite right, this was suppose to be a joke rant lol. I only meant an Asian person can be racist against a black person and a white person can be racist to an Indian person ect ect, to me it's all the same, I don't put one race above another, it's still wrong and no ok against one particular race.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jolz For This Useful Post:

Whispers (08-13-2013)