Thanks
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    16d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

Surprisingly muscular for a small girl

Lately, I've been getting more and more people noticing how muscular I am. They're always really, really surprised.

I'm about 5'1" and I weigh around 92 lbs. I'm really top heavy which is kinda annoying but it makes up for a big chunk of my weight so that's okay.

I can carry around a person that is about 130~ lbs. I can piggyback a person that is about 200~ lbs.

People who know me in person are always asking me for advice on weight loss and gaining muscle and whatever but I really never know what to tell them.. I'm a naturally fit person and I didn't even start eating vegetables or other healthy foods up until like a year ago.

I'm considering actually beginning to work out, because although I'm somewhat fit, I personally feel like I could be in better shape (plus, I wanna get gunz, man).
    I have pretty decent back muscles and abs (people comment on those two things pretty often), so I'm thinking of just doing some weight training, but would that be weird?
    Do girls ever just do weights? Or should I go ahead and make a whole fitness routine where I switch off between weight training/cardio/ectect (I freakin' hate cardio, btw).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jena For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (08-12-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    I think doing cardio would definitely help also, even if you hate it. Cardio is also probably the most important one out of the ones you listed. It's good for your heart and will help you stay active and in good shape. I'm not too sure about the whole training thing however, since I don't have one either.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    16d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    I think doing cardio would definitely help also, even if you hate it. Cardio is also probably the most important one out of the ones you listed. It's good for your heart and will help you stay active and in good shape. I'm not too sure about the whole training thing however, since I don't have one either.
    I take folic acid pills for my heart and I'm generally really heart-healthy and stuff. The only thing stopping me from doing cardio is the fact that it wouldn't really help me at all with gaining muscle, only losing fat, which is not what I need.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jena For This Useful Post:

Maki (08-12-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I take folic acid pills for my heart and I'm generally really heart-healthy and stuff. The only thing stopping me from doing cardio is the fact that it wouldn't really help me at all with gaining muscle, only losing fat, which is not what I need.
    If you're already active, you sure can concentrate yourself on gaining muscle, if that's what you're after. Working on them all would be time-consuming, but probably the best idea in the long run. But right now, if you have a specific objective, I don't think it would hurt to do only weights.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    16d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    If you're already active, you sure can concentrate yourself on gaining muscle, if that's what you're after. Working on them all would be time-consuming, but probably the best idea in the long run. But right now, if you have a specific objective, I don't think it would hurt to do only weights.
    Yeah, I don't think I'd be overworking myself really, 'cause I probably wouldn't try to gain muscle right away on everything. Probably just focus on bis/tris, maybe continue with my abs (although I don't wanna look too muscular around my tummy– I'm already pretty muscular), and probably some back, because back workouts are good for bigger chested girls with back pains.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    471 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Did you do anything particular to get your back muscles?
    I have a really weak back/spine, which gives me really bad bad pains and someone told me that working out would help a big chunk of my back problems, I'm just not sure.. what to do? Some people suggested just simple crunches, but some people say they're pretty useless.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    16d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by monsters View Post
    Did you do anything particular to get your back muscles?
    I have a really weak back/spine, which gives me really bad bad pains and someone told me that working out would help a big chunk of my back problems, I'm just not sure.. what to do? Some people suggested just simple crunches, but some people say they're pretty useless.
    I never really purposely worked out my back. I didn't even notice I had back muscles until my one friend (who works at a gym) pointed it out to me.
    I've had back pains for the past 2 years because my boobs grew so rapidly (a/b cup to a d/dd in about a year). My boyfriend's cousin is a physical therapist and he helped me align my back a little. He told me that it would help tons if I just did simple back workouts without straining myself. He offered me to go visit him during his lunch hour and he would help me for free, but once I started doing stretches and stuff the back pain decreased dramatically.
    There are lots of simple exercises that you can do for your back that should help back pain, just look them up. I don't know how to explain any of the ones that I did, except for when he sort of helped me align my back a bit.

Crunches give me back pains though.. Usually when I worked out my back I did it with machines. You have to be careful if you do ab workouts because a lot of them, if done incorrectly, can permanently damage your back.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jena For This Useful Post:

Umbreon (08-12-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    69d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    Lately, I've been getting more and more people noticing how muscular I am. They're always really, really surprised.

I'm about 5'1" and I weigh around 92 lbs. I'm really top heavy which is kinda annoying but it makes up for a big chunk of my weight so that's okay.

I can carry around a person that is about 130~ lbs. I can piggyback a person that is about 200~ lbs.

People who know me in person are always asking me for advice on weight loss and gaining muscle and whatever but I really never know what to tell them.. I'm a naturally fit person and I didn't even start eating vegetables or other healthy foods up until like a year ago.

I'm considering actually beginning to work out, because although I'm somewhat fit, I personally feel like I could be in better shape (plus, I wanna get gunz, man).
    I have pretty decent back muscles and abs (people comment on those two things pretty often), so I'm thinking of just doing some weight training, but would that be weird?
    Do girls ever just do weights? Or should I go ahead and make a whole fitness routine where I switch off between weight training/cardio/ectect (I freakin' hate cardio, btw).
    You have a nice front & back <3

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Demetri For This Useful Post:

team rocket (08-16-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    471 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Your back probably got a workout from holding up dem boobies.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Umbreon For This Useful Post:

Zachafer (08-12-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    You probably have low body fat hence the vascularity/ pronounced muscles.
    Its also easier to build muscles on a smaller/ shorter frame since there's less frame to actually 'place' the muscles on.