Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    1d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I sure agree with you that anger towards "sluts" isn't a good attitude to have at all

However, I think (I'm playing devil's advocate) that what's frustrating is more about seeing people (esp. girls) with low self-esteem that have sex with everyone so they can feel they're worth something. When I see girls that just NEED attention in order to feel mentally comfortable, I just want to slap them (ok, maybe just shake them) and say "HEY, you'd be much more interesting and fun to be around if you just were yourself ! And if some guy's not attracted to your normal personality, screw him !"

/Concerning guys, well, I think fooling around for them doesn't have to do with low self esteem hahaha... it just drives me nuts to meet someone who's all "Hey girl, tonight I give you the privilege to sleep with me" (except if it's Ryan Gosling)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkiwie View Post
    I sure agree with you that anger towards "sluts" isn't a good attitude to have at all

However, I think (I'm playing devil's advocate) that what's frustrating is more about seeing people (esp. girls) with low self-esteem that have sex with everyone so they can feel they're worth something. When I see girls that just NEED attention in order to feel mentally comfortable, I just want to slap them (ok, maybe just shake them) and say "HEY, you'd be much more interesting and fun to be around if you just were yourself ! And if some guy's not attracted to your normal personality, screw him !"

/Concerning guys, well, I think fooling around for them doesn't have to do with low self esteem hahaha... it just drives me nuts to meet someone who's all "Hey girl, tonight I give you the privilege to sleep with me" (except if it's Ryan Gosling)
    I can see where you're coming from, yeah. However, I have to say that men are just as guilty of the fooling around for attention for self worth reassurance. If not, there's more pressure on them to so they can be "bros". It's a bit of a sexism issue as well (on both sides) but that's a whole bees best that I really don't think needs stirrin'

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Owl For This Useful Post:

pinkiwie (08-09-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkiwie View Post

I'd say the lots of sex due to low self esteem is fairly common amongst guys too, it's just noticed less because nobody thinks of it like that. If a man is getting laid a lot, it's a sign of success. If a woman is, she has low self-esteem. The reality of course is a great deal different to those stereotypes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoSunset View Post
    I'd say the lots of sex due to low self esteem is fairly common amongst guys too, it's just noticed less because nobody thinks of it like that. If a man is getting laid a lot, it's a sign of success. If a woman is, she has low self-esteem. The reality of course is a great deal different to those stereotypes.
    This is very true. And when a guy is not succeeding, he has low self esteem.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    1d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoSunset View Post
    You may be right, it's just that the womanizers I know seemed to have more self-esteem than my guy friends who aren't really good with ladies. Which doesn't mean they have a lot of confidence ; I totally agree that a guy comfortable with himself won't care about how many girls he's slept with !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkiwie For This Useful Post:

Maki (08-09-2013)