Thread: Meerca Chase II Confusion (Must Legit Scores really be divisible by 18??)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m

Meerca Chase II Confusion (Must Legit Scores really be divisible by 18??)

I've played legitly twice now to try and confirm this and it seems to me like they only have to be divisible by 8, not 18 - I got scores of 264 and 248 and neither is divisible by 18. I was a bit confused about why 18 was the number people mentioned regarding legit Meerca Chase Scores before I tried this as well, because the score goes up in increments of 8, but I wanted to make sure. Does this happen for anyone else or is everyone else talking about the first Meerca Chase game? - which seems odd because I think it's in the game graveyard now, right...?

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I always found this little table to be quite helpful when discussing the subject. Super high scores would make more sense to be divisible by 18, but no, it isn't required. Here's why:

Gravity Mode, worth the most points, starts at 18 points per negg. All values on that mode are divisible by 18 I believe. Hopefully that helps it all make more sense now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    What Wraith said on the whole.

I disagree though, for high scores it is required to be divisible by 18 (even if mathematically feasible with just a few fish neggs on classic mode). People just don't play that way if they're doing it legit.

Also you can get the gravity mode by typing 'superextrahypergravitymode' at the game menu.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    It's a fair argument I suppose. I wouldn't play hyper gravity mode even if no AOB existed however, I personally hate it. I was much happier with the classic 'snake' feel. However, I do not believe I could obtain such scores on classic mode even on Hard; not enough patience, too many lag spikes with flash, etc. It would depend on luck however. I have had some very lucky games even when AOBing. I remember once when I was doing AOBs for another person, I got a Fish Negg right off the bat and then the third-fourth negg thereafter was a Rainbow Negg. That was an easy day.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Ahh, now I get it! That makes sense now!

...but then can't one just use AoB and gravity mode at the same time...? :o This gravity mode is entirely new to me I'm going to have to try it out!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Drina View Post
    Ahh, now I get it! That makes sense now!

...but then can't one just use AoB and gravity mode at the same time...? :o This gravity mode is entirely new to me I'm going to have to try it out!
    You can, but the gameplay is entirely different and I do not think there is an AOB that's out that disables the gravity effect. You'll see once you try it. It's super annoying. Maybe I'll revisit Meerca Chase II over the weekend and look for some new AOBs.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    You can, but the gameplay is entirely different and I do not think there is an AOB that's out that disables the gravity effect. You'll see once you try it. It's super annoying. Maybe I'll revisit Meerca Chase II over the weekend and look for some new AOBs.
    JUST tried Gravity Mode and it's a pain in the ass! XD Maybe if I try to get used to it I'll enjoy it but I'd definitely rather try to get a high score with classic mode. I wish I could help with the AoBing but I think for now I'll just sit back and hope you find one