Thread: Meerca Chase II Confusion (Must Legit Scores really be divisible by 18??)

Silicon Valley (the Bay Area) California
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 2 h 25 m
    Avg. Time Online
    34 m

Meerca Chase II Confusion (Must Legit Scores really be divisible by 18??)

I've played legitly twice now to try and confirm this and it seems to me like they only have to be divisible by 8, not 18 - I got scores of 264 and 248 and neither is divisible by 18. I was a bit confused about why 18 was the number people mentioned regarding legit Meerca Chase Scores before I tried this as well, because the score goes up in increments of 8, but I wanted to make sure. Does this happen for anyone else or is everyone else talking about the first Meerca Chase game? - which seems odd because I think it's in the game graveyard now, right...?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 692 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Time Online
    70 d 14 h 40 m
    Avg. Time Online
    56 m
    I always found this little table to be quite helpful when discussing the subject. Super high scores would make more sense to be divisible by 18, but no, it isn't required. Here's why:

Gravity Mode, worth the most points, starts at 18 points per negg. All values on that mode are divisible by 18 I believe. Hopefully that helps it all make more sense now.

UK
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Time Online
    7 d 17 h 6 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 m
    What Wraith said on the whole.

I disagree though, for high scores it is required to be divisible by 18 (even if mathematically feasible with just a few fish neggs on classic mode). People just don't play that way if they're doing it legit.

Also you can get the gravity mode by typing 'superextrahypergravitymode' at the game menu.

Banned
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Time Online
    70 d 14 h 40 m
    Avg. Time Online
    56 m
    It's a fair argument I suppose. I wouldn't play hyper gravity mode even if no AOB existed however, I personally hate it. I was much happier with the classic 'snake' feel. However, I do not believe I could obtain such scores on classic mode even on Hard; not enough patience, too many lag spikes with flash, etc. It would depend on luck however. I have had some very lucky games even when AOBing. I remember once when I was doing AOBs for another person, I got a Fish Negg right off the bat and then the third-fourth negg thereafter was a Rainbow Negg. That was an easy day.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 2 h 25 m
    Avg. Time Online
    34 m
    Ahh, now I get it! That makes sense now!

...but then can't one just use AoB and gravity mode at the same time...? :o This gravity mode is entirely new to me I'm going to have to try it out!

Banned
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Time Online
    70 d 14 h 40 m
    Avg. Time Online
    56 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Drina View Post
    Ahh, now I get it! That makes sense now!

...but then can't one just use AoB and gravity mode at the same time...? :o This gravity mode is entirely new to me I'm going to have to try it out!
    You can, but the gameplay is entirely different and I do not think there is an AOB that's out that disables the gravity effect. You'll see once you try it. It's super annoying. Maybe I'll revisit Meerca Chase II over the weekend and look for some new AOBs.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 2 h 25 m
    Avg. Time Online
    34 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    You can, but the gameplay is entirely different and I do not think there is an AOB that's out that disables the gravity effect. You'll see once you try it. It's super annoying. Maybe I'll revisit Meerca Chase II over the weekend and look for some new AOBs.
    JUST tried Gravity Mode and it's a pain in the ass! XD Maybe if I try to get used to it I'll enjoy it but I'd definitely rather try to get a high score with classic mode. I wish I could help with the AoBing but I think for now I'll just sit back and hope you find one