32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

Where would I go to find out info about someone

A distant in-law who is very shady, where would I go to find out more info about their shady business dealings (Tax fraud, insurance fraud, stolen cars, stuff like that, the police here won't really look into - i.e. most of these things have to be reported through the tax department but it's a very slow, inefficient process)? I don't want to go into detail because it's a long story, but do I go to a PI? Is there anyone else that one could go to because I don't really feel like dealing with PIs because they cost money and also aren't very trustworthy... are they other options or is this the only one?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Depends on the state/county really. Some states/counties have an abundance of information available publicly i.e property taxes, land owned, criminal record, etc. Otherwise yeah, you're gonna need to go to a Private Investigator.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

oventoast (08-07-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    It's Canada, Ontario specifically. My mother would probably be able to uncover a lot because she used to work with him and did a lot of law-related stuff with him, and she's also very close friends to people that want him gone too, so she's just calling around looking for more info at the moment.

She could def find property records but it isn't that helpful because they are all in his wife's (our relative's) name (he is not on the title of ANY properties and purposely asked my mother to keep him off the title when she was doing business with them)

It's kind of tricky though because this in-law (let's call him is married to our relative but:

A) They got married out of the country and never signed a marriage certificate in Canada, never changed their names or anything
    It might not even be his real name because there's a lot of sketchy things going on in his side of the family

So if his name isn't really his real name, it'd be very difficult to find any criminal records, or tax info? I'm not sure.

We know A LOT of proof already but not enough to get any serious attention from authorities sadly (little crimes and rule breaking). :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    In the UK we have 192.com so I'm sure there must be something similar over there

I see you have an opinion?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Sigh. Always you Canadians...

Srsly tho, I'm not sure how that stuff works in Canada. @(you need an account to see links)?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    152 times
    Time Online
    65d 23h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Always us Canadians, eh?

Eh! ;|

Lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Yeah. Idk. So far we've decided to write formal compaints to the CRA (tax department), the municipality, building department, and leave a tip with the police. I swear to god I'll get this guy down if it's the last thing I do... he's honestly caused my family so many years of pain and torn us all apart with his shady business... it's horrible.

I also managed to uncover through research a hotmail that's definitely linked to him, played around with possible security question answers but found nothing. ;_; I feel like it's a gold mine so I'll keep trying and my dad works in IT so I'm sure we will find something else online.

Tbh, I would hire a PI but unfortunately I think everyone else I'm working with is too skeptical of them. Dude has a lot of "friends" who hate him but it's too risky to even contact them because word might come back to him.

Hopefully the tax department do something about it and don't just bury it under the rug.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    265/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Try Yahoo Pages , or Google Mapss.
    Neopoints For Sale : Safest , Purest , Realest ! : Only 2$ / Million : In Stock : 78.396.636 /92.656.022

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Sigh. Always you Canadians...

Srsly tho, I'm not sure how that stuff works in Canada. @(you need an account to see links)?

I honestly have no idea. o.o

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    265/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Politics.b
    Neopoints For Sale : Safest , Purest , Realest ! : Only 2$ / Million : In Stock : 78.396.636 /92.656.022