1096/0
    Mentioned
    213 times
    Time Online
    59d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m

proxy question ?

hopefully , i put this in the right spot .

any way's .

when using a proxy for neopet's it has to be an Elite proxy right ?

secondly when setting up a proxy do you have to put the elite proxy in fire fox and the program at the same time ?

- or -

can you just use the proxy for the program & not the web ?

i am understanding proxies a whole lot more now but that is my main question b/c that is the part i get confused
    with & also b/c i no there are a ton of way's to use a proxy XD will +rep if any one can answer this question ....
    Thank you a head of time ....

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Should be elite so TNT doesnt see your real IP
    I use this bad boy to double check (you need an account to see links)

And yes put it in both if youre going to be logging into the account to access it and use a program with it

u 'mirin?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

fairydust201 (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1096/0
    Mentioned
    213 times
    Time Online
    59d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by m33r33 View Post
    Should be elite so TNT doesnt see your real IP
    I use this bad boy to double check (you need an account to see links)

And yes put it in both if youre going to be logging into the account to access it and use a program with it
    thank you ... & +Rep

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fairydust201 For This Useful Post:

Miri (08-07-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    i'll stress the point of checking your proxies, I wanted to use proxies from Brazil that said they were elite.. but when I checked them my original IP was showing. be careful. I always check the proxy before logging in and before logging out. Measure twice, cut once

u 'mirin?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

fairydust201 (08-08-2013),wrath (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by fairydust201 View Post
    hopefully , i put this in the right spot .

any way's .

when using a proxy for neopet's it has to be an Elite proxy right ?

secondly when setting up a proxy do you have to put the elite proxy in fire fox and the program at the same time ?

- or -

i am understanding proxies a whole lot more now but that is my main question b/c that is the part i get confused
    with & also b/c i no there are a ton of way's to use a proxy XD will +rep if any one can answer this question ....
    Thank you a head of time ....

Elite is the best you can use, yes. However is it necessary? That's a personal point of view. I'll take a moment to explain the anonymity levels of proxies:

Transparent: Detects proxy is being used, detects real IP
    Anonymous: Detects proxy is being used, does not detect real IP
    Elite: Does not detect proxy is being used, does not detect real IP

Sometimes if I'm having a hard time finding an elite proxy for a specific area for my own accounts, I'll go with anonymous. They are generally faster and less picked over than their elite counterparts.

---

If you're not going to use Firefox for the moment to access your account, then you do not need to put the proxy into firefox at all.

Example: I feel like score-sending today, but I'm not going to actually login to the account on Firefox. I would not put the proxy in firefox, I would only put the proxy into Majin SS. There's no need to put it into firefox. You could but you wouldn't be accomplishing anything.

It's no different than if you weren't going to score-send, you were just playing on your proxied account through firefox... Why would you download Majin and put a proxy in it for shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by m33r33 View Post
    i'll stress the point of checking your proxies, I wanted to use proxies from Brazil that said they were elite.. but when I checked them my original IP was showing. be careful. I always check the proxy before logging in and before logging out. Measure twice, cut once
    Abso-fucking-lutely. And check them everytime you use them. I have one that I use exclusively for my main that I have not paid for. However, these servers do change IPs and they do eventually retire the IPs for proxies. The ISP will then give the IP to someone else, and your "Canada" proxy could change into a "Oregon" proxy. It's annoying, and if you're paranoid about this sort of shit, then do your research every time.
    Last edited by wrath; 08-07-2013 at 06:02 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Duck4Cover (08-07-2013),fairydust201 (08-07-2013),Miri (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/1
    Mentioned
    251 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Sometime the proxies will say like level 1, level 2 etc, heres a little guide for that.

Transparent Proxies (Level 3) - also known as caching proxies, doesn't provide you with any anonymity. The sole purpose of transparent proxies is to cache the data that is exchanged between the servers. The web server knows your real IP addresss and it knows that you're using a proxy.

Anonymous Proxies (Level 2) - hides your real IP address but the server may know that you're connecting over a proxy because the proxy sends additional headers such as HTTP_VIA or HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR. In some cases, these headers can reveal your real IP address and if that's the case, then such proxy gets marked as transparent. If one of those proxy headers contain any other IP address that's not yours, then the proxy will still be considered to be anonymous.

Elite Proxies (Level 1) - also known as high-anonymity proxies, such proxies provide absolute anonymity. The server doesn't know your real IP address and it doesn't know that you're using a proxy.

Yea, pretty much what @(you need an account to see links) said xD
    He beat meh to it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Duck4Cover For This Useful Post:

fairydust201 (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1096/0
    Mentioned
    213 times
    Time Online
    59d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Thank you guys I will +rep you all & seem like the more I play with them the more I'm understanding lol I'm practicing now with score sending so when I move up a rank & I get into auto buyin I would already no what to do