So, I have decided to share a recipe for Chicken and Dumplings I have grown up with my whole life. Like Cracker Barrels chicken and dumplings? Dont fret, this recipe is 10X better, I promise.
This recipes ingredients are used to feed a family of 5 with a TON of food left over(were talking about freezing and eating months after its made). If you are just feeding yourself or a partner than alter your ingredients.
PM me if you need me to help you on measurements.
1 pckg of cream cheese
1 bag of Extra Wide Egg Noodles (You do not have to use this)
1 Small container of Chicken Instant Bullion powder
5 containers of grands buttermilk biscuits (or extra butter, whichever you prefer)
1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup (The largest can they have, I think its 26oz and it should say Family Size)
2 Cartons of Swanson's Chicken Broth (32oz)
1pckg of Boneless chicken thighs (you can alter this with any type of chicken you like; breast, legs, wings,ect. )
4 cans of Evaporated Milk
Lets get started..
1. Put chicken broth in pot
2. Put chicken in pot with 1 table spoon of Instant Chicken Bullion
3. Add enough water to fill the pot half way (This goes regardless with any size pot that you are using. If your making a smaller portion then be sure to alter your ingredients!!!)
4. Bring chicken broth and water to boil for approx. 15 mins on medium high
5. Add cream of chicken soup, extra wide egg noodles, evaporated milk and cream cheese
6 Cook for 15 mins then reduce heat to low medium or low (Be careful because we do not want any of the ingredients to burn to the bottom of the pot!)
7. Add dumplings! Smash the biscuit flat in your hand and then take a knife and cut the biscuit in half (These will be your dumplings!)
****NOTE: The more dumplings you add, the more crowded it gets, but THAT'S OK! Just keep making a spot in the broth and keep dropping those biscuits in!
8. Keep pushing the dumps under the juice. This is the key part. You can walk away from the stove for a little bit, but not too long because you need to keep pushing your dumplings down under the broth/juice so they cook and do not come out doughy.
*NOTE: Also, keep stirring up from the bottom because you do not want you chicken or egg noodles to get stuck to the bottom.
Don't get discouraged if your biscuits tear apart while you are stirring, they will come out just fine and mighty tasty!
When dumps have cooked for 20 mins and are no longer doughy, turn off heat and let stand on cool burner so it does not stick to bottom.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe if you decide to try it!
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me! I would be more than happy to help!
Right now I dont have any pictures of it.. I never thought to take any.
Last edited by Lindsay; 08-07-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Oh god don't make me fat again.
Ahhh I want ;_;
You should totally make it! ;D
Its like orgasms in your mouth good.