Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Not gonna lie

I feel kind of like a secret agent, logging onto this inactive account with a proxy. It's like I have a disassociated identity or something. o v o;

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Lol. I should learn how to do that proxy thing, but I'm not very good with that kind of stuff.

And DID is an interesting comparison

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well, I don't mean to compare it in an offensive way. I realize now that that comparison comes off as really insensitive.

I just manually entered a proxy I found online into Firefox, a browser I never, ever use. p:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by agave View Post
    Well, I don't mean to compare it in an offensive way. I realize now that that comparison comes off as really insensitive.

I just manually entered a proxy I found online into Firefox, a browser I never, ever use. p:
    Nono! It didn't come off as offensive at all, it was just an interesting comparison to make. I could see how maybe someone would see it as insensitive, but there's no intentional malice behind it so I don't see a problem. DID is a very weird topic anyway, there's heavy debate on its classification, whether there should be a blanket term because of how much variance there is, in some cases whether it's misdiagnosed or really present. I know what you mean though, it's almost like logging onto an account that has it's own personality and history, maybe like stumbling across something of yours after having memory loss/amnesia?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Nono! It didn't come off as offensive at all, it was just an interesting comparison to make. I could see how maybe someone would see it as insensitive, but there's no intentional malice behind it so I don't see a problem. DID is a very weird topic anyway, there's heavy debate on its classification, whether there should be a blanket term because of how much variance there is, in some cases whether it's misdiagnosed or really present. I know what you mean though, it's almost like logging onto an account that has it's own personality and history, maybe like stumbling across something of yours after having memory loss/amnesia?
    Haha yes, exactly!
    Well, as soon as you pointed it out, all I could think of was "Well, shoot, that was rather insensitive of me..." Because I have anxiety and when people poke fun at it or joke about something giving them a panic attack I am like ""

But yeah, it's freaky... I mean, like you said, it's an account with its own personality...and that personality is SO different from my own. o_o;

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Totally understandable, I apologize for causing any stress. No worries though!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I feel more like a kid in a candy store.

"I'mma take that, and that.... those.. OOOO and that!"

I see you have an opinion?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolz View Post
    I feel more like a kid in a candy store.

"I'mma take that, and that.... those.. OOOO and that!"
    Hahaha! Yeah, at first I was like "AW HEEEELL YEAH" but then I attempted to go through the SDB and lost my sanity for a few minutes. Too much stuff. Most of it is junk. ;_;