Wasn't sure exactly where to put this thread but since it's been under scrutiny more recently I figure it's certainly more of a debate with a sports topic.

The question being, do you think performance enhancing drugs have a place in sports? It's obvious that athletes will continue to use different PED's as long as there is such a high incentive (money, fame, women/men, etc) with the risk of being caught. And even after being caught, the punishment is relatively minuscule outside of the public infamy. There are certainly many athletes of any sport who have, at one point or even currently, use(d) PED's. If you have a potential contract worth $100 million, do you consider spending $2mil to hire a chemist to develop a personalized steroid for you that ensures your contract or hold to moral guides?

Additionally, it seems we constantly push our athletes to achieve more, or be better. "Records are meant to be broken", and as each record is set, we want to push for better, more spectacular, higher, faster, longer, further.

One question that has been asked is if performance enhancing supplements should be supported in pro sports. The benefit being that we can see these athletes, who already put their physical health on the line for our enjoyment, be even better. One suggested downside is that this sends a bad message to young or aspiring athletes. Something like this would certainly have to be optional, but should it be supported? Being the beginning post, I'm not going to post my opinion on it just yet.

Thoughts?