Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] .�˙˙�. ˙�..�˙ Valuing NC items!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m

[Guide] .�˙˙�. ˙�..�˙ Valuing NC items!

So you've found one amazing account and it has a 1000+ items closet ? Of course you know nothing about NC items because who the fuck would care about something so over-priced and ridiculous as fucking pixels you put on your pet besides myself, of course? So you're thinking of sending me a list of the NC album, as I offer the price checking service, but you're worried that I might not answer quickly enough, that I might be busy not making the signatures people request to me... Quite troubling isn't it ?

WELL CHEER THE FUCK UP BECAUSE I HAVE DECIDED TO WRITE MY OWN, PERSONALIZED AND VIOLENT GUIDE!

Seriously though, this guide will help you price check NC items, quickly, with images and with real values coming from years of trading both on Neopets and on here. The prices, you should know, will be according to what cheaters are willing to pay for those items on here. Values might vary from website to website.

So now, where to start ?

First of all, you should know that price checking NC items is relatively easy. There are tons of tools that are available out there to help you in your work and they're quite up to date. Values of NC items vary according to three main factors : Rarity, Popularity and Beauty. Popularity and Beauty are two factors that tend to mix up to each other, as one beautiful item tend to get popular really quickly, but there is also some rather ugly items that are quite popular. Reuniting the whole three factors makes one truly amazingly valuable item and there is only a few of them out there.

Second of all, take a good note of those following tools we'll be using on this guide :

1) (you need an account to see links)
    2) (you need an account to see links)
    3) (you need an account to see links)

The two first tools are essentially the same. One was made following the other to help people with slow internet as the guide with images takes longer to load. I recommend using, for starters, the guide with images. Browse quickly through the pages to get familiar with the good and nice worthy items and when you feel ready, begin to price check the closet of the account you're on. When you get used to the more popular items, feel free to swap between both guides.

Sometimes it occurs that one item doesn't appear in either both value guides. The reason is simple : it is either not popular enough , buyable or it was simply forgotten. This means that it isn't valuable at all. The database is a quick way to know if one item is buyable as it will display it's release date and it's retiring date if there is.

In the third place , you should know that NC items values fluctuate. TNT tends to re-release a lot of items and, following the supply and demand law, the values of those items rises and drops according to a certain time of the year. As a matter of fact, we are right now in the middle of one of the most anticipated event of all year on the Neocash Chat Board : The NC mall Birthday Celebration. Every July, TNT releases a birthday capsule in which people can find various retired items including some quite popular ones.

This happens in most holidays/seasons so you must expect to see items get re-released every Fall/Halloween, Christmas/Winter, Valentine's Day/ Easter/Spring, Summer, etc. Also, as of this year, it is now known that TNT is able to re-release items that were given in special events, such as the Altador Cup (Where users were given the possibility to buy a Flashback Pass and find one retired item every tuesday and thursday). NC mall games also get their re-release components, such as the Blumaroll Cases and the JubJub PowerBounce suitcases.

Some items have yet to be re-released, such as the MMEs and items that were released in Plots. There is nothing that can prove that TNT won't re-release them, so always keep an eye on the news.

Of course, on the positive side, some items will never, ever, ever get re-released. This is the case when you talk of NC Collectibles and Super-Sale items which will be mentioned later on.

Finally, you should know that on Neopets, items are valued in capsules. I will go briefly over that subject as @(you need an account to see links) (god may have her poor soul) made an awesome guide addressing this subject. The cap value of an item represent what one user might be willing to pay to acquire the said item. One cap value equals up to 250NC worth of custom (that's $2.50). For example, one item valued at 4 caps could be traded for 4 GBCs (800NC), 4 Birthday Capsules (600NC) or whatever requires up to 4 boxes and isn't worth more than 1000NC. Of course people are sometimes willing to over-offer, but that is only when they're quite desperate.

Now, you might want to know that one cap value on here isn't exactly the same as one cap value on there. On clraik, one cap value tends to go for $1 and that is if you're in no hurry to sell. Deals are most welcome on here and people do not hesitate to ask for them. It's the same as Neopoints : buy in bulk, get a discount. Thus you might see that some items are worth 3 times more than others but are only worth 1.5 times as much. That's the same as buying 50M for $100 while someone is offering 65M for the same price.

Now you've learned a lot and you're ready to PC but you just get discouraged when you remember the 40 pages casually waiting for you to browse through them. I get it. So my kind person decided to cumulate a list of worthy items. Those items are the ones that are worth more than $5 and that I deem to be popular enough to sell easily. Note that at the end of the list I will also note some of the SS08 items with a quick explanation on what they are and why they're so valuable.

DISCLAIMER : VALUES BELOW ARE ONLY TO BE USED AS REFERENCE. I AM NOT HERE TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH YOUR ITEM IS WORTH. YOUR PRICE IS YOURS TO DECIDE. IT IS ONLY A PERSONAL VIEW OF VALUES TO HELP USERS THAT ARE LOST IN ALL OF THE NC STUFF. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS BEFORE COMMENTING. I MIGHT ALSO HAVE MISSED SOME ITEMS. SORRY ABOUT THAT.

So you've found one amazing account. Inactive, never really bought NC except once and it was to buy the fucking amazing first MME. You also found that that stupid shit lucky person got the god damned bonus, MME1-B1: Sputtering Grey Mini-Monster. That item is worth 300+ caps onsite, but on here you can barely sell it for more than $100. So now what can you do to profit ?

First, make sure the account is secure, that you can use it without any risks. Secure it like you would secure an account with 100M nps.

Second of all, take a turn on the NC boards. Create a thread were you ask for a really cheap item, something low-valued and act very, very naive. You've almost never bought NC and you're not really familiar with the concepts of boxes, trading, values, etc. Put a link to your gallery where you've put all of your NC items. In a matter of minutes, people with run across the board to tell you that you have one of the most valuable items and blablabla all the fucking bullshit that they say to feel better about themselves.

In third place, after they go crazy about values and fair trade boards, close your board telling them you will start making your wishlist. Now I recommend using this guide to make sure you maximize your profits. Now let's say you find a trader willing to put 300 caps worth of items in your trade. Choose mid-high end items. Let's say you want the followings ; Isca Wig ($35-40), Court Dancer Collectors Wig ($25-30) and GMC Lulu Wig ($50-65). That makes it around 180-190 cap value and $120. Let's say you add up Butterfly Dress ($30-35),Cherry Blossom Garland ($15-20) and Nutcracker Facepaint ($12-15). You have now around 280-290 caps worth of items. You can go with that or ask the trader to add GBCs, which you can sell later for $1-1.25 each. Now with that item that you could barely sell for $100 here you've found items that could be worth anywhere from $167 to $205 and that without including the money from the GBCs. Of course selling all of this might take a bit longer than selling only one item, but you can easily double your profits.

Finally, you can use this for almost any high-end item. Let's say you didn't want to have the GMC wig, as it is still a bit deflated on here, well you could've pick up another 100 caps worth of easy to sell items that could've made you profit even more! Do this with your SS08 items, with the big ticket ones and if you have the patience and courage, it'll be worth it, believe me.

So this is it. I've worked my ass off making this guide and I hope it can genuinely help some of you to get into dealing NC because it's quite fun when you get better at it. Of course there are lots of suppliers and maybe not enough demand, but occasionally you sell your $30 item and it's pure profit. Those values are my own perception of what is accurate, as the $1/cap range is not very accurate anymore. Of course some items will still sell at this price, but your price is your own to decide, as I said, and those values are only there as guidelines. Feel free to cut off a few bucks for a friend, or to add up if you judge that my price isn't accurate. It is only there as a reference, just like @(you need an account to see links)'s Unconverted Pets Price guide. I hope you enjoyed reading and that you'll visit this page regularly.
    Last edited by Maths; 07-29-2013 at 08:53 PM.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Maths For This Useful Post:

Cath (07-26-2013),Colby (07-27-2013),Ent (02-03-2014),Ghosts (02-02-2014),global superstar (09-16-2013),goodieboy (07-30-2013),grrrawr (07-27-2013),Lindsay (11-10-2014),Liv (08-09-2013),Maki (07-29-2013),Owl (07-27-2013),pollysaid (02-04-2014),Pusheen (07-27-2013),Raj (07-27-2013),simmie (08-07-2013),Snow (07-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    You know I love you, right?
    Thanks for this, this is sure gonna help a bunch of people!

Will +rep when I can.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    35d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    That's a very useful guide! Repped, will definitely be using this.

I LOLed at the Thought Bubble part. It's so true, they're stupid.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I figured some people would laugh about that ^-^

I still can't believe it when people come on the boards with those and ask for full value LOL.

Oops one image broke I'll fix that when I'll get back home.
    Last edited by Maths; 07-27-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    This is very helpfull, thank you for the guide!
    (I love how honest you are with the comments on it btw LOL)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Maths (07-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

Re: [Guide] .�˙˙�. ˙�..�˙ Valuing NC items!

Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    You know I love you, right?
    Thanks for this, this is sure gonna help a bunch of people!

Will +rep when I can.
    TRAITOR ;-;

@(you need an account to see links) will rep once I get off mobile nice guide

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raj For This Useful Post:

Lindsay (11-10-2014),Maths (07-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    This is very helpfull, thank you for the guide!
    (I love how honest you are with the comments on it btw LOL)
    I need to be honest you know.. Lying wouldn't be the best thing to do and I don't think nobody would believe me if I said this shit was worth $10. LOL.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I added a tips and tricks section for your pleasure to read, my friends.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    & it's done. I've added the conclusion and the final words.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Just so you guys know, I'm still active on NC trading. Not as much as I was before so feel free to send me a PM if you ever have any question. Also, this guide will soon have an 'updates' section, where I'll gradually update the price and add new items if needed. It'll be on the top of the list so that's the first thing you'll see!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Maths For This Useful Post:

Lindsay (11-10-2014)