86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m

A Discussion on Reputation and Rep Power

Since there are now people that have hit 1000 posts, or have been here since 2012, or just random shit, there are quite a few folks with 5-6 rep power. Let's evaluate the reputation system for a moment.

- By making great in depth guides, helping out others, contributing to the community, programming, etc. Please don't get reputation confused with thanks, check these two links to help you determine the difference:(you need an account to see links) & (you need an account to see links)

Source: (you need an account to see links)
    - Program Threads
    - In-Depth Guides
    - Threads helping you (Homework help, real life situations, program help, etc)
    - For a more in-depth guide check out: (you need an account to see links)

-Anything that is not in reputation
    - Things you find funny, useful
    - A post you really like

Reminder: You can rep and thank a post if it follows under both categories.

Source: (you need an account to see links)
    I have received a lot of reputation lately that I haven't really deserved. Especially the amount of reputation points per rep given. Consider that our administrator, Infamous Joe, only gives out 10 reputation power for a video guide that takes potentially 15-30 minutes to make. Now, I'm not staff, but I have seen in the past when reputation is taken away because it was received for stupid reasons or by the same person over and over again. Reputation abuse is not just asking for reputation. Hinting at it, suggesting that you're only X rep points away from (Random title here), or even giving someone reputation because they offered assistance but didn't actually follow through all falls under abuse in my opinion.

I'm not staff, and I'm not trying to be holier than thou. We're all guilty of this to an extent, but if the reputation abuse continues, it's truly just a matter of time before our lord and savior @(you need an account to see links) smacks us all with a big black dildo and removes all the reputation from our abusive nature. I don't want that to happen to me personally, and once you get those titles, I imagine it would suck ass to lose them. So be considerate about the amount of reputation you're giving. 1-2 reputation for something that tickled your pickle but does not contribute to the site, community, has nothing to do with neopets, wasn't a guide, had no impact whatsoever is more than plenty. 5-6 reputation for the same thing is simply abuse. Let's be wise.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Cath (07-25-2013),Drizzy (07-25-2013),grrrawr (07-25-2013),Jager (07-25-2013),metaldroga (07-25-2013),Raj (07-25-2013),SmileYaDead (07-27-2013),Soul (07-25-2013),Whispers (07-25-2013)