Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Last of Us ...is it that great?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I totally know what you mean ._. I regularly read gaming blogs and checks scores on games to see if the popular ones are any good before playing myself. Last of Us was really different.

I don't get emotional over games (Walking Dead (game) ending is an exception, because I cried like a hurricane victim) so LoU didn't do it for me. Yes, your daughter gets in trouble (avoiding spoilers here), big woop, every game character has some sort of tragedy in the exposition stage (again, there are exceptions).

Then as the story progressed, at first the grizzled short-brown-haired guy hates everything, including the badass-but-totally-likeable plush toy following him, but through the course of the game begins to like the thing. Been there, done that.

Finally, the ending. Completely illogical, which either means that the guy lost his marbles, is stupid, or the writers just wanted to squeeze out more feels. Whichever way, meh.

Also, I never got why everyone praised LoU's gameplay o_O one hit kill zombies, cover-based shooting, forced stealth elements, immersion-breaking follower and enemy AI. Seriously, I know Ashley was absolutely a pain in the ass (Resident Evil 4), but the whole point of both games was protecting a girl, so why was one invincible? You could even send Ashley to hide, can't Ellie? /end rant

Edit: Crap, didn't notice I was gravedigging...

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    24d 22h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    The Last of Us is amazing lol , its the game of the year according to some of my friends lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I heard good critics of this game too. never played it tho. should I try to get it? consider I'm working full time and have a GF for the weekends lol...