Thread: Tips on Auctioning your Neopets stuff properly!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/1
    Mentioned
    251 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

Tips on Auctioning your Neopets stuff properly!

Lately I have seen more and more people auctioning their Neopets stuff.
    Whether it's accounts, pets, or items.
    I have also seen a few people doing some things that are a bit incorrect for an auction.
    Auctions are actually my preferred way to sell my stuff, as it usually sells a lot quicker when you auction it.
    So this is just a short guide on how to properly auction your Neopets stuff.

Pros of Auctioning:
    - Your stuff can sell quickly.
    - Easier to sell active stuff.

Cons of Auctioning:
    - You may not get the price you are looking for.

- Tips on Auctioning your Neopets Stuff -

[1] Set a specific end time for your auction.
    This is the biggest thing I want to get across to people.
    If you do not have a specific end time for your auction, it isn't really an auction, just another selling thread.
    And be sure to end your auction at the time you specified!

[2] Accept the highest bid, and sell to the highest bidder that bids before the auction ends.
    This means even if you do not get as much money as your were hoping to, still honor your word and accept the highest bid.

[3] Do not cancel the auction if you don't get the price you are looking for.
    This is a really good way to get people upset with you, and is rude to boot.

[4] If you want a minimum price for your stuff, set a RESERVE and be sure to let everyone know what it is.
    A reserve is basically just the lowest you will accept for the item/pet/account.

[5] Have the starting price reasonably low to encourage people to bid more.
    This is pretty self explanatory, if it's lower, more people will be likely to bid on it.

That's pretty much it!
    Other than the above mentioned, be sure to bump your thread as soon as you can so more people will see it.
    This isn't really a guide per say, just some tips to help you Auction your stuff off properly
    If there is anything anyone thinks I should add, don't hesitate to post or shoot me a PM and I'll add it.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Duck4Cover For This Useful Post:

Demetri (07-24-2013),Jay (07-24-2013),Jin (07-24-2013),laugh (07-24-2013),Lindsay (11-10-2014),Spurs (07-24-2013),Umbreon (07-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    471 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Gosh, I notice SO MANY auctions that aren't even really auctions.
    People label them as auctions and then let them go on for weeks until they find the price they're looking for.

Wonderful tips!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Umbreon For This Useful Post:

Duck4Cover (07-24-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    14d 8h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    in all my lurking i haven't really seen people flake out on their auctions - another really pleasant thing i've noticed about clraik.
    so many people keep hb's on normal selling threads for forever though, haha. patience that i don't have

thanks for the tips! c: