Thread: I need some way to make money, mhm.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    32d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

I need some way to make money, mhm.

And I know you people have your ways so I need help. There aren't really any jobs around right now, and even if there were, I don't have a phone at the moment to have anyone contact me so that's out of the question until I can make money for my phone to turn back on. I also need money for groceries, as I have none, and internet/cable which I also have neither. I might have ~$3 in my bank account, lol. Any and all serious suggestions are welcome. If you have some sort of sarcastic comment to add, please please please keep it to yourself. :c

DER HUMPINK

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    fiverr.com

I see you have an opinion?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jolz For This Useful Post:

Brittanee (07-22-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    1) Get a phone number from Google @ (you need an account to see links)
    2) Use this number on your resume/applications. Employers will not be able to reach you, but can leave a voicemail for you to see and listen to anytime at (you need an account to see links)
    3) You can call employers back from Gmail's inline phone app. Free calls to anywhere in the USA.
    4) Check your voicemails daily.

In the meantime, in terms of money, unfortunately a lot of things when it comes to neopets require some initial investments i.e shells, unregs, account lists, etc. You might indeed be able to get some of these for free from kind souls, but I don't think it's really worth the effort to try and wheel and deal as a main source of income until you're set up and have plenty of money to invest. What I would recommend is contacting the local temporary agencies or day-labor agencies in your area. The pay is nominal, but usually day-labor pays in cash and you have that satisfaction of being paid everyday. Most temporary agencies will find you work faster than a regular job search, and most pay weekly. It's really all about what you're looking for and moreso what you're willing to deal with in order to get paid. A friend of mine bartends and puts up with the noisy rabble from the drunks but on a good night she's pulled in $300-400 in tips alone because she knows how to manipulate the men. Nothing sexual, just flirty. You could try your hand at something like this, or really anything.

I wish you the best of luck, but it's on you for the effort and to stoop down to the jobs no one wants to take for the base income. (I flip burgers when I need money ASAP and I'm inbetween jobs, I don't put myself above anything.)

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Brittanee (07-22-2013),Compulsiv (07-23-2013),Toasted (07-22-2013),Whispers (07-22-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    32d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I didn't know about the google voice thing so thanks. I've gone through a temp agency before and unfortunately the only jobs around here are factory jobs. I did one for a few weeks. It was...awful, to say the least. I actually passed out the first day. o_o I've been applying at fast food places but no hits yet. I've been applying at every job that pops up that I have the ability and qualifications to do. Which is basically a high school degree, lol. I've just transferred to a school in my hometown so that I could work and live at home while going to school to cut back some costs.
    Thank you very much! <3

Also that fiverr thing is interesting, though I don't think I have anything creative enough for that but I'll look into it, if for nothing more than lulz.

DER HUMPINK

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm in college and have more than my fair share of friends in similar situations to you. I have no idea where you live, but have you looked into plasma donation? Where I'm at, you show up and donate for an hour and you get paid $30 on the spot. Plus you can do it twice a week, so that's over $200 a month for hardly any time at all. If there is a university near you, check and see if they are looking for guinea pigs for any studies.
    And finally, a quick google search can help you find any governmental/local assistance programs that may be there to help you out, assuming you qualify.

Good luck, hun. I'm sure things will be looking up soon!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mollyjo For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-22-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by mollyjo View Post
    I'm in college and have more than my fair share of friends in similar situations to you. I have no idea where you live, but have you looked into plasma donation? Where I'm at, you show up and donate for an hour and you get paid $30 on the spot. Plus you can do it twice a week, so that's over $200 a month for hardly any time at all. If there is a university near you, check and see if they are looking for guinea pigs for any studies.
    And finally, a quick google search can help you find any governmental/local assistance programs that may be there to help you out, assuming you qualify.

Good luck, hun. I'm sure things will be looking up soon!
    Plasma donation is indeed viable if you can deal with the light-headedness or if you do get light-headed. Me, I'm an ox. Didn't phase me at all, but my friend passed out thirty minutes after we were done hehe.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Brittanee (07-23-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Personally, I work at a gym, but I pick up shifts as a cocktail waitress/bartender, when I am need of money. You could also try telemarketer, event girl etc.
    Even a newspaper delivery thingy or something would be good. If you don't mind the embarrassment, you could always become a advertiser (basically they will dress you up in weird costumes and you'll have to go around and advertise for whatever they are selling. A friend of mine did this and even-though it wasn't fun, she earned a lot of money from it, so I don't know).
    http://clraik.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9441&dateline=1372467  318
    Credit to Mint for this amazing siggy!

<3 grrrawr, Duck4Cover, Jolz and kaysevicious

Guides:
    (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Whispers For This Useful Post:

Brittanee (07-23-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    103 times