Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So it's been almost two months since I moved...

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    509 times
    Time Online
    43d 16h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) glad that things are FINALLY working in your favor for once Congrats on nabbing both jobs! Work hard play hard <3
    Thank you, lovely! <3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Soul For This Useful Post:

Maki (07-19-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Congratulations! Work is fun, work equals money. Double the work double the money. Also I've heard being the employee of one of those inflatable fun places is an experience.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Owl For This Useful Post:

Soul (07-19-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    509 times
    Time Online
    43d 16h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Congratulations! Work is fun, work equals money. Double the work double the money. Also I've heard being the employee of one of those inflatable fun places is an experience.
    Yeah I heard it's super fun! I am excited!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Nothing wrong with waiting tables. Most people get out of college and don't find jobs, the average time is like 3 years to full employment, and even then, that's only like 50%. A friend of mine went to college with a generic degree having to do with business/HR. He worked at a retail store for - over 10 years, worked his way 'up' to a decent position, finally he got hired at a government contracting company, making big bucks in HR. Gotta work your way up, it's crucial that you start from somewhere! Working for tips I found to be rewarding and fun too.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    509 times
    Time Online
    43d 16h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by munsterpoo View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

Nothing wrong with waiting tables. Most people get out of college and don't find jobs, the average time is like 3 years to full employment, and even then, that's only like 50%. A friend of mine went to college with a generic degree having to do with business/HR. He worked at a retail store for - over 10 years, worked his way 'up' to a decent position, finally he got hired at a government contracting company, making big bucks in HR. Gotta work your way up, it's crucial that you start from somewhere! Working for tips I found to be rewarding and fun too.
    Haha, thanks for that! I actually am having a career where I can't really work up, though, haha. I am perfectly fine with this. I am very very pleased that I have interviews. Because I need money, and my parents need it. As far as my future career after college, I want to be a youth pastor. ^~^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    @(you need an account to see links) - Youth pastor? Like running a whole group of young adults/kids and camps/church? That's a tough job, man. Rewarding, but tough.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    509 times
    Time Online
    43d 16h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    @(you need an account to see links) - Youth pastor? Like running a whole group of young adults/kids and camps/church? That's a tough job, man. Rewarding, but tough.
    Yep! That's what I plan to do! Focusing on high school, mainly. But I want to do that. I feel it's my calling, and nothing else feels right to me. ^~^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul View Post
    Yep! That's what I plan to do! Focusing on high school, mainly. But I want to do that. I feel it's my calling, and nothing else feels right to me. ^~^
    More power to you, then n-n. Doing something you're passionate for I feel is more fulfilling than lots of money. Unless you're passionate for money. In which case it's a win-win.
    That's my favorite age group though; I plan on going to teach high school art.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Owl For This Useful Post:

Soul (07-19-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    509 times
    Time Online
    43d 16h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    More power to you, then n-n. Doing something you're passionate for I feel is more fulfilling than lots of money. Unless you're passionate for money. In which case it's a win-win.
    That's my favorite age group though; I plan on going to teach high school art.
    Thank you very much! Yes, I am not big on money. Money is materialistic to me, and I don't wish to rely on it. I rely on God. And that's so awesome! I could totally see you doing that; and you'll be so good at it!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul View Post
    Thank you very much! Yes, I am not big on money. Money is materialistic to me, and I don't wish to rely on it. I rely on God. And that's so awesome! I could totally see you doing that; and you'll be so good at it!
    Money comes and goes but the things you love don't. Do you plan on joining with an existing church or starting up your own?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Owl For This Useful Post:

Soul (07-19-2013)