I'm doing my Bachelor of Communication Studies, and I don't have to declare my major until next year. However, I would like some fresh opinions!

The two options (that I like, at least) are Strategic Communications, or Editing and Publishing.
My school's website gives me these descriptions.

Strategic Communications
- research, plan and deliver key messages and campaigns to move people to action
- manage complex communications processes in a range of industries, including government, health care, education, private sector and non-profit agencies
- understand and respond to mass communications needs and trends

Editing and Publishing
- improve communications by checking for correctness, concision and clarity
- edit and manage publications (books and magazines, online and print)
- understand and navigate the publishing process

From what I gather, Strategic Communications is a lot of PR type stuff. Being able to speak to the masses, knowing what's "in" right now, having debate skills, knowing what to put in the media, able to create pitches and coach corporate spokespeople.
Editing and Publishing is fairly obvious. I could possibly work for a magazine or a book publisher, but it also allows me to be on the other side and helps to get MY stuff published. (I write, in case y'all didn't know ). This also relates me to journalism, in a way.

I really, really like both of these options, and I've bounced ideas off my close friends and my Dad. Care to give me your opinions? ♥