DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    You can probably PM some "dealers" explaining your stuff. I know some people here who are better then the few bucks they can make, who will refuse to sell you stuff if they know you cannot miss the money or if it's not good for you mentally.

That being said, not everyone will cooperate, but it might help you make a step in to getting control of yourself.

A sad, crude, twisted little girl.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:

Tapir (07-23-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Balletdancer View Post
    What happened?
    sorry hope this isn't grave digging, but i have a bad habit of buying a whole bunch of ucs and nc and stupid shit like that, loading up one account, playing on it just long enough to get attached (usually a month or two) then getting frozen over slipping up from something stupid. making my buying obvious, or not being safe/using proxies, things like that. its just this never ending cycle, happens EVERY time. I always rage quit for a few days and assume I'm done, that's the last time, then I'd just start over as soon as I got bored.

I don't know why I keep doing it, I think it's just the impulsivity and instant gratification. if i buy things from amazon or ebay or whatever to make myself happy it takes ages to wait for shipping. if i go out i get buyers remorse and return stuff. but things on the computer, intangible things, you get instantly and you can immediately start distracting yourself with them. buying things to feel better isn't uncommon i guess but most people would go out and buy a bunch of new clothes or some new electronics or something like that. i buy video games and neopoints... what is my life.

sorry this got incredibly whiny at the end. anyway yeah

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    @(you need an account to see links) - Don't feel entirely too bad, I buy things a lot more than I should. I found the easiest way to make me stop is to get someone I trust to hold my cards/money until I have a little bit of either
    A) Spending cash
    Self control

It might seem odd to some but I've had to make my boyfriend/mom/friends PROMISE they'll keep my wallet until we've left a store and not give in no matter what. It's a bit tougher online because Paypal is instant but meh.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Owl For This Useful Post:

Tapir (07-23-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) - Don't feel entirely too bad, I buy things a lot more than I should. I found the easiest way to make me stop is to get someone I trust to hold my cards/money until I have a little bit of either
    A) Spending cash
    Self control

It might seem odd to some but I've had to make my boyfriend/mom/friends PROMISE they'll keep my wallet until we've left a store and not give in no matter what. It's a bit tougher online because Paypal is instant but meh.
    oh god paypal is such a killer for online shopping... its like, i don't even have to get up and get my credit card. i don't even have to have the money in my account right away! amazing! rainbows! happiness!

.... but its actually terrible if you give into buying stuff easily xD having someone else keep track of your money is a good idea honestly. i've been making more of an effort to do that lately in a roundabout way- im not really close with my parents and i don't have any friends that i wouldn't be embarrassed going to, so i opened up a second checking account and just put all my money into there whenever i have it. its too easy to move from savings --> checking but from checking --> checking its a little bit more of a pain in the ass and i tell myself that if i really NEED to buy whatever it is im thinking about buying, i have to actually go to an atm and pull cash out/transfer the money over into my paypal. usually the effort and time it takes just dissuades me from it lol. it is a difficult thing though augh.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by kitten View Post
    oh god paypal is such a killer for online shopping... its like, i don't even have to get up and get my credit card. i don't even have to have the money in my account right away! amazing! rainbows! happiness!

.... but its actually terrible if you give into buying stuff easily xD having someone else keep track of your money is a good idea honestly. i've been making more of an effort to do that lately in a roundabout way- im not really close with my parents and i don't have any friends that i wouldn't be embarrassed going to, so i opened up a second checking account and just put all my money into there whenever i have it. its too easy to move from savings --> checking but from checking --> checking its a little bit more of a pain in the ass and i tell myself that if i really NEED to buy whatever it is im thinking about buying, i have to actually go to an atm and pull cash out/transfer the money over into my paypal. usually the effort and time it takes just dissuades me from it lol. it is a difficult thing though augh.
    Haha, laziness is the best way to go about things. The more difficult you make it to get access to the money in that moment, the less likely you are to spend it. Before I had my Paypal set up I hardly bought things online because having to get up, find my card, then type in all the info, was too much. Now it's just as simple as logging in. Too easy. I should put the majority of my money in the account I don't have a debit card for, that way I know for sure I have money just chilling for me.