DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I didn't say anyone deserves anything. I just said I'm sick of hearing about it like it wasn't a possibility. He was a drug addict. Death can happen. And I don't agree with drug addicts being the people society idollizes is all. I don't decide who deserves to die and would never wish death on anyone. I am incredibly open minded. I support gay marriage, I support religious freedom, body altercation and many other "Deviant" behaviors by people. People know the risks of drugs when they start ad continue using them. I am in no way narrow minded for not supporting the illegal use of deadly substances.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Plus half of you people are speaking like he purposely killed himself on heroine to get away from this world. Most likely, he fell off his rehab bandwagon and partied too hard. If someone did something that put the life of someone else at that amount of risk they would be seen as horrible and face horrible consequences. But when it's themselves, I'm narrow minded because I don't think he deserves to be called an idol and whatever other magnificent things he is being called? I wish he had made better choices and was alive, but in the end it was his decisions.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    I agree with them bringing it upon themselves, but he tried to get better with it and went to rehab and tried to make his life better. That's why I feel bad, i mean if he just mindlessly drugged himself up all day i wouldn't feel bad either. But he tried to save himself, and ultimately failed.
    I completely agree with you by the way. I didn't mean for my post to sound like I don't care about people. I actually just finished my degree in social work, with a specialization in at risk youth, and I'm working on my counseling certification for military vets... so I actually care very deeply for all sorts of people with all sorts of problems including drug dependencies. But then again, I'm not sure why I'm babbling here, Ultimately I am not the person here judging others

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambient For This Useful Post:

Raj (07-21-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    7d 11h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Nobody starts to do drugs just for kicks, it's something you do because you need it to feel better, a form of self-medicating if you will. Imagine how shitty you must feel when the only thing that makes you feel true bliss is some heroin and a needle! Also, if you're truly planning to work with "risk youth" in the future you should know that intoxication is a basic natural human need and that human beings have been seeking ways to get intoxicated since we all lived in caves. Some people are more prone to addictions than others, making it almost physically impossible for a person with a highly-addictive personality and emotional problems to stay off drugs entirely. I also find it hypocritical to look down on someone for using illegal substances when there are plenty of legal ways we intoxicate ourselves or otherwise use in our daily lives which may very well result in death. I truly hope you don't drink coffee or other beverages that contains caffeine, for example? After all caffeine is a drug and God forgive you had a cup as a pick-me-up in the morning! Not to mention alcohol, it's by far the number one life-ruiner in my country and the only reason that it's legal is because we have a long tradition of drinking it.

It's not surprising to me though that ignorant statements like that (I'm not sorry he died because he brought it on himself!-type) comes from social workers, many countries are awful at treating people with addictive personality disorders and the lack of understanding/wanting to understand is what ends up taking many lives that could have otherwise been saved.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    glee wont be the same :'(