Thread: Does anyone have Parallels on their Mac? :)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    72 times
    Time Online
    27d 6h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Question Does anyone have Parallels on their Mac? :)

Just would like to know what's it like and is it easy to use. Haven't really read much on it tho!! but I'm quite tempted to get it so I can just play the sims 4

Thank you for your help in advance!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Yep, it is extremely easy to use! Took me a long time to get all set up since I torrented/downloaded it and everything else needed for it to work, but once I got it working it worked brilliantly without any problems. I was expecting it to take me to lag hell and make everything run super slow since it is a massive program, but it didnt do that at all! I even ran another massive game on top of that (I was using it to play Maplestory) and it still worked amazingly with little to no lag. So Sims 4 should definitely run smoothly.
    All you gotta do to get it going is click the file and wait for the virtual screen to start up, and from there you just use it like a normal computer. You can also continue to do whatever on your mac since the whole virtual PC screen is in its own window.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessea For This Useful Post:

Cal (10-07-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    72 times
    Time Online
    27d 6h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Thank you so much @(you need an account to see links), I'll definitely look into it ^__^!! thanks again lovely

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cal For This Useful Post:

Jessea (10-07-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) WHERE DID YOU TORRENT IT? Or how? I've been trying to get it cracked without an activation key and can't figure it out.
    I wish I knew, but this was 2 years ago and I've forgotten how I did it. I do know it took me around 2 days and a LOT of searching to finally get all the right files to get past the activation key. Even if I could find the torrents I used they probably wouldn't work anymore because Parallels has had updates since then (I think its up to Parallels 10 now?) All I can suggest is that you look up as many tutorials and guides as you can, read forum discussions and watch youtube walkthroughs. That's what I did and trust me if I could get it working, anyone can. :p

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I've used parallels for years, I prefer bootcamp really. But it will due.

Except recently it decided it doesn't like me and will no longer open because of some weird error, which I have the actual paid version of it and that makes me sad.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) Omg could you link me to it? I've been wanting to download it again!

@(you need an account to see links) Thats one reason why I refuse to pay for it, I'd be pissed if I got some stupid error like that and couldn't run it. Also I think I heard that you have to pay $60 for an upgrade every time they release a new version. No thanks.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    @(you need an account to see links) I paid for it maybe 5 or so years ago, and got a free upgrade just last year as I skipped 3 upgrades in between. I didn't mind continuing to use it as I got it free.

If I get around to fixing it I am definitely torrenting the latest one, as the error popped up only after my MBP had a bunch of updates within the last two weeks.