Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quotes that fit your life situations!

Hybrid View

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m

Quotes that fit your life situations!

Another fun little piece of edumacation here. Maybe song lyrics aren't always what ya need to express yourself. I was thinking today of a quote from pulp fiction that made me feel all warm and special inside. So here's the rules. Post your quote and tell us why you relate to it.

From Pulp Fiction:
    I'm givin' you that money so I don't have to kill your ass. You read the Bible, Ringo? Well, there's this passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." I been saying that shit for years. And if you heard it, that meant your ass. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was some cold-blooded shit to say to a motherfucker before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this morning made me think twice. See, now I'm thinking, maybe it means you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. 9 millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.
    We all have our demons, and I certainly have mine. I love to spout out random sayings and bullshit more than anyone I know in fact. So I can totally relate to Jules at this scene in the movie. Have come to a pretty awesome cross-roads thanks to a very new and close friend and I'm thinking about just saying fuck it, letting go of the past and moving on and being this normal fucking good person or at least "trying real hard." ^_^ @(you need an account to see links)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Whispers (07-08-2013)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    "With great power, comes great responsibility.." - Ben Parker from Spider-Man (2002)

I guess if you understand this quote, you'll know it can go both ways.

I don't think there is a more perfect scene to throw this quote in. Emotional and heavy with Ben Parker dying as Peter is there with him, right after he got his powers.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Soul (07-08-2013),Whispers (07-08-2013),wrath (07-08-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    "Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
    I don't really know how I directly relate to this quote but I just like it, I can't remember what book it's from though

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jules For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

- Just my personal mentality on life, read in my favorite book, it never ceases to amaze me how true it is.

The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason. The first law of reason is this: what exists, exists, what is, is and from this irreducible bedrock principle, all knowledge is built. It is the foundation from which life is embraced.

- Similar logic but more introspective than external

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank12 For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank12 View Post
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."
    Excuse me sir, what book is it from, I could have googled it but I wanted to express my sincere fucking interest in this sexy and awesome quote.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Frank12 (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    The book is called Wizard's First Rule, and its by Terry Goodkind. It's the first book in a really long series, probably my favorite book and book series of all time. It's long, maybe 700 pages paperback, but I've easily read it a good 25 times.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank12 View Post
    The book is called Wizard's First Rule, and its by Terry Goodkind. It's the first book in a really long series, probably my favorite book and book series of all time. It's long, maybe 700 pages paperback, but I've easily read it a good 25 times.
    Paid on Thursday, gonna buy it on Google Books. Looks right up my alley.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Frank12 (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    You're a half a world away
    But in my mind I whisper every single word you say.
    And before you sleep at night
    You pray to me, your lucky star, your singing satellite.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-08-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    "Any problem solved is a new problem made."

@(you need an account to see links)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/1
    Mentioned
    251 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Here are a few of my favorite quotes.
    They are all from Albert Einstein

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Duck4Cover For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-08-2013)