13/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    13h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    I'm in Canada and I can vouch that this does indeed happen.
    What part of canada are you from?
    I'm from Manitoba; you?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    49d 10h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    What it's like living in Sao Paulo(Brazil)
    First of all, you must have a car because nothing is close to you and the public transports are pretty bad. That's why you have to tolerate kilometres of traffic. Everything is expensive, because the taxes are expensive (like 30% of the price). To have an idea, the xbox one will cost $1100. We have a lot of cultures mixed here, japaneses, italians, chineses, mexican, english, african, so we can't know if you're an immigrant until you open your mouth to speak. The good point of that is that we have food from every part of the world.
    There are a lot of beggars and homeless people. Some poor people live in 'favelas', and it can be dangerous to walk near of those places.
    Like China Town, we have the biggest japanese colony in the world, which is called "Bairro da Liberdade". It's a nice place with many japanese stuff. You'll see a lot of italians too.
    We have 11 million habitants, yeah, it's a huge city so be prepared to wait 30min to buy something in the supermarket. Oh, and soccer is the national sport here. You probably won't see people talking about basketball or baseball. UFC is pretty popular too (even though Anderson Silva had lost few days ago :c)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry View Post
    I'm from Manitoba; you?
    I'm from Ontario! ^____^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    13h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    I'm from Ontario! ^____^
    Oooh, close by! Nice!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 15h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Whats it like living in Missouri: Random rednecks call you faggot for no reason, you see children smoking at bus stops, there are No Spitting Tobacco signs on water fountains, the weather is moodier than god when she's PMSing, and Walmart is where the cool kids hang.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    What's it like in Atlanta:
    Good:
    Great food and microbrew in the area. Housing is very cheap with comparable homes in other cities usually twice the price or more. Major airport nearby. Professional jobs in Atlanta pay well above the national average and there is an abundance of demand for professionals so pay is great and costs are cheap. That's why I'm still here. Nothing special at all to just barely break into the 6 figure range for a first job out of college here in the right field. Very forested place like Seattle though our rain is essentially all at once rather than constant Seattle drizzle. Also, it's less than a days drive to Florida.

Bad:
    Traffic is terrible. Atlanta is known as a commuter's city more than other cities as the average commute is 40 miles one way (lots of suburban sprawl). Crime rate is 7.5x national average according to fed city stats in city limits though not a problem as you get out of the city. Overall people here are career focused and it's not a friendly city. Think of it in the way that your employer is more likely to think of you as a means of making money rather than a human being more so than other growing cities.
    Last edited by tcas4200; 07-14-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    205 times
    Time Online
    10d 9h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    What it's like living in California:

ITS LIKE SO FREAKING HOT. talking bout the boys of course~
    but the weather is like beach weather 24/7

~credit to katzes
    MY FUCKING RANDOMS YO

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/1
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    18h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    What it's like living in Washington State:

Simply breathtaking! Perfect climate too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    What's it living like in Beirut, Lebanon...
    Well I've been here for 4 years now and these are the things I noticed:

3 months of mild winter ( snow in the mountains but not in the city), the rest is all summer, very hot, spring and fall don't exist here. Around November you will have 25 celsius , nice weather , then suddenly a rain shower and 'bang' next day the temperature would go down to being between 10-18, which the locals here consider cold. ( I tell them all the time they should try a real winter in Canada, lol.

Most parts of the city don't use or don't have traffic lights, or any traffic signs, so you basically drive any way you want. ( They only use traffic lights Downtown in the tourist area.

Also not every area has full -time electricity. Most people -like me- have a generator, because you would get 4 hours electricity, then 4 hours you have generator, and so on.
    The people are nice, and the food is very healthy ( olives, olive oil, lots of tomatoes, Lebanese bread, etc.) you don't see a lot of fat Lebanese, you really don't.
    They love to shop!!! I mean, the women I work with will buy new outfits, bags, shoes, as soon as they get paid every month.

Also a lot of women get plastic surgery done, it's cheap here. Lebanon is famous for having one of the highest rates of plastic surgery , especially (nose, lips, breasts, botox) and men too! My husband's cousin had lipo suction, and two of his sisters had a nose job , and botox. Thank God I was born a natural beauty lol.

These are some of the things that came into my mind. Oh, and the beaches here are lovely.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    In Denmark you get absolutely free healthcare which I think is kinda cool. You never have to pay for ANYTHING other than the dentist and sometimes prescribed medicine but the state always pay some of it.
    It's free to go to school. You have to pay for books though, but the state gives you over 1,000$ a month if you decide to go to school.
    Our cars are VERY expensive though. And we pay a lot of tax (my parents make a lot so they have to pay 70%) but I don't mind it thinking of what the government gives back.
    It's usually a cold country and we always complain about weather XD whenever we get summer we get extremely happy and everyone has to go to the beach all the time lol

That awkward when you already said "moment" in your head before you read it