25/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    o_O You live in Iowa? The first person I've ever met online from the same state ever... o_O
    For better or for worse. I tried to escape and go to to college somewhere a little more exciting, but dang-out of state tuition is a killer
    I'm surprised you haven't met more Iowans, I feel like I've ran into a few throughout my online adventures.

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry View Post
    What it's like living in Canada:
    Today I was in line at Wal-Mart while buying supplies for my cosplay this weekend. I saw a bunch of Canadian chocolate bars and snatched them up to send to my giveaway winner on my blog. A woman in front of me laughed and said, "Need to get your fix?" We then ended up having a full conversation about chocolate bars until it was her time to be rung through. After she finished she wished me a great day and left.
    Basically, you get into real conversations with complete strangers everywhere. Everyone's really friendly and talkative.

Now I guess you can tell me a story or we can just converse about mine, whatever floats your boat. (Oh god I'm so awkward)
    I'm in Canada and I can vouch that this does indeed happen.
    What part of canada are you from?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by mollyjo View Post
    For better or for worse. I tried to escape and go to to college somewhere a little more exciting, but dang-out of state tuition is a killer
    I'm surprised you haven't met more Iowans, I feel like I've ran into a few throughout my online adventures.
    You hailing from red/yellow town or yellow/black town?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    You hailing from red/yellow town or yellow/black town?
    It's actually kind of funny- I grew up 20 minutes from Ames and ISU, but my papa and his whole side of the family went to Iowa. So I was raised yellow and black and I'm a proud Hawkeye fan, despite all the crap my hometown friends gave me What about you?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    It's actually kind of funny- I grew up 20 minutes from Ames and ISU, but my papa and his whole side of the family went to Iowa. So I was raised yellow and black and I'm a proud Hawkeye fan, despite all the crap my hometown friends gave me What about you?
    Good ol' Des Moines.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Good ol' Des Moines.
    Des Moines isn't too bad. That was the nearest place to me that had any halfway decent shopping malls growing up. Or any sort of entertainment in general for that matter. I looked into going to Drake for college actually, but man, that neighborhood is just a little shady

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Des Moines isn't too bad. That was the nearest place to me that had any halfway decent shopping malls growing up. Or any sort of entertainment in general for that matter. I looked into going to Drake for college actually, but man, that neighborhood is just a little shady
    Haha yeah. I should know, I did some shady things in that neighborhood. Hasn't changed. But yeah, now that I've grown up I live out in West Des Moines near Jordan Creek with the snobs. I've been to pretty much every other decent-sized city in Iowa except Iowa City. x_x Is it anything like Ames or Waterloo/Cedar Falls?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    6h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    What its like living in Oregon.

The weather is /VERY/ bipolar
    Hardly ever get snow in the winter
    There is absolutely nothing to do here
    It is very outdoorsy & the scenery can be amazing

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cystin For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-09-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Haha yeah. I should know, I did some shady things in that neighborhood. Hasn't changed. But yeah, now that I've grown up I live out in West Des Moines near Jordan Creek with the snobs. I've been to pretty much every other decent-sized city in Iowa except Iowa City. x_x Is it anything like Ames or Waterloo/Cedar Falls?
    Hah, one of my friends uses a print-out glued to a target gift card as a fake id in the Drake neighborhoods- and it works

Iowa City is actually pretty decent. Best place I've lived so far at least. The party scene is obviously pretty big and there are a lot of drunkies around, but at it's heart, Iowa city is more of a really big, small town (if that makes any sense?)
    It's pretty hipster; there are a lot of bike-riders, English majors, local businesses, chickens in the backyard, etc. It's a big change from the farm town I grew up in, so it makes me happy. Last weekend Iowa City hosted their annual 4th of July jazz festival. Stuff like that is pretty cool.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    510 times
    Time Online
    40d 8h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I live in a (you need an account to see links) . It's nice living close to large city, but not in it . A lot of the houses/McMansions around here have a "false" grandeur, and aren't built very well--the people give off similar a similar feel (pleasant on the surface, but not much substance).

Overall, it isn't bad, but I can't see myself staying here . The area is more-or-less an upscale version of the song(you need an account to see links) .
    As far as large cities go, my favorite in the US would probably be Chicago, so I am looking at University of Chicago for an urban university .
    J_L_K_64 rules you.