81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 9m

Can I get caught for this?

If I used adblock to block all of the images in a certain neopets shop except for profitable items would it be possible for TNT to tell that I was blocking images?
    Last edited by Ghosts; 04-12-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think they have a way of telling that you might wanna check :/

Thanks
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    16d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I don't really think it's a big deal. If Jellyneo has a guide on how to use ABP, then it must be fine.

Of course, Neo frowns upon using ABP because they get money from the ads, but they never exactly said you couldn't, so... /shrug

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 9m
    Oh okay, thanks.

Sorry I'm really new here and to cheating in general. I don't want to make another thread but I have another question. Is there a difference between a Public IP and a Computer IP address? When I googled what my IP address is says that my public IP address is my real one, even while I'm using a proxy. Another website said my computer IP was the one I had put in for the proxy. Any idea whats happening there?

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Jena- I know ABP is allowed, but they have said that blocking any images other than ads is not allowed. I was wondering if there was actually a way they could check if you were blocking images other than ads or they just said that to scare people into not doing it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    16d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by nyankid View Post
    Jena- I know ABP is allowed, but they have said that blocking any images other than ads is not allowed. I was wondering if there was actually a way they could check if you were blocking images other than ads or they just said that to scare people into not doing it.
    I'm guessing it's just a scare tactic, really. I mean, you could just use the argument that your ABP filtered all the images automatically. But are you going to be using ABP and then shopping/restocking/whatever legitimately? 'Cause that would probably be safer.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 9m
    Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I'm guessing it's just a scare tactic, really. I mean, you could just use the argument that your ABP filtered all the images automatically. But are you going to be using ABP and then shopping/restocking/whatever legitimately? 'Cause that would probably be safer.
    Yes I will be restocking legit. It will just make it easier as I will only see profitable items. Thanks for your help.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    No, they cannot see this.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 9m
    Great, thank you Joe!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    205 times
    Time Online
    10d 9h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    ABP is one sided unless neo has direct access to your computer lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    "In a past Editorial, we said it is okay to use adblockers on the site since people were concerned it could be considered a program. We told those folks not to fear and that using a program such as that to block ads is perfectly acceptable since it does not give you an unfair advantage over other players. A few unscrupulous people took this statement a little too far, and twisted our words to try and condone the use of this program to gain an unfair advantage. Yes, we did say it was fine to use this program to block ads, but using a program such as that to alter the game in a way that gives you an advantage over others is definitely NOT allowed and that is quite obvious. Remember to use common sense, and don't try to use creative wording to make your own loopholes in the site rules."
    -from an old editorial

So yes, it is illegal. However the freeze rate is essentially zero as long as you don't do anything stupid like admit you adblock on the boards. There's no way they can tell that you are blocking the images on their end.