86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m

I need a new password... :'(

I'm obviously not going to ask you guys for a password, but I've been using the same password now for about 6ish years. It's 10-digits and a series of numbers, one letter, and one special character. It's programmed into my body at this point. I can make the finger motions for it without thinking. But too many people have been made aware of it, ex-lovers, etc. So in addition to working on some videos for CK, a Cheat Engine guide, grocery shopping, and doing laundry this weekend, I need to also come up with a new password and change probably close to 50 accounts accross various sites and remember it well enough to login manually from work since we cannot get firefox or chrome here to sync the passwords across. :'(

WTF TO DO!?!? This was a password that was created by my dad for a forum he had started back in the days when cracking Yahoo ID's was relevant. I liked the way it flowed off the fingers so well that I took it and made it my own with the last two digits. Now I'm just like, I don't know how the fack to make a new password that will come so naturally. :'(

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/1
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Your dad used to crack Yahoo IDs?

Your dad was awesome :o!

oh look a signature

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Your dad used to crack Yahoo IDs?

Your dad was awesome :o!
    Yes we both did for a good long time. Nothing special just using a dictionary cracker on two separate computers. My job was to maintain his phpnuke site and keep content relevant while he spent time cracking rares with special symbols, spaces, real words, etc. We used to think we were hot shit though. lol ~ It was probably the only bonding my Dad and I ever had in my entire life. And then he got bored with it and I never really cared about the actual cracking shit, but it was lucrative back in the day. Think we made something like $150/200 every two weeks from selling them to other peoples. I never saw any of the money but w/e w/e.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/1
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Yes we both did for a good long time. Nothing special just using a dictionary cracker on two separate computers. My job was to maintain his phpnuke site and keep content relevant while he spent time cracking rares with special symbols, spaces, real words, etc. We used to think we were hot shit though. lol ~ It was probably the only bonding my Dad and I ever had in my entire life. And then he got bored with it and I never really cared about the actual cracking shit, but it was lucrative back in the day. Think we made something like $150/200 every two weeks from selling them to other peoples. I never saw any of the money but w/e w/e.
    Kinda sucks that that was all your bonding, but still cool nonetheless Perhaps if you still had the programs or whatever you used, you could try it again with neopets attached emails lol (I would assume it would be harder now, but I don't know if they had any sort of captchas in place to stop mass trying "back in the day").

As for the password, just string a lot of information about you together like your birthdate, age, name, pet's name anything just make it long and random so that people can't simply guess it.

oh look a signature

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by juliaxo View Post
    Could you try changing one or two digits in it, or do you want it to be completely different?
    I do want it to be completely different. ^_^ <3[

Quote Originally Posted by Jolz View Post
    ex girlfriends name then a random telephone number your know
    no one would ever guess it
    CANT DO IT SIR. EX GIRLFRIENDS MAKE ME SAD

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Kinda sucks that that was all your bonding, but still cool nonetheless Perhaps if you still had the programs or whatever you used, you could try it again with neopets attached emails lol (I would assume it would be harder now, but I don't know if they had any sort of captchas in place to stop mass trying "back in the day").

As for the password, just string a lot of information about you together like your birthdate, age, name, pet's name anything just make it long and random so that people can't simply guess it.
    Yeah it doesn't work the same way as it did back then from what I've read, and they have ways of killing off your connection to their servers after so many attempts so you have to use tons of proxies or something. I could be talking out of my ass on that one, I haven't kept up with it enough to say for sure. But it would be nifty to have a Yahoo cracker

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Could you try changing one or two digits in it, or do you want it to be completely different?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    ex girlfriends name then a random telephone number your know

no one would ever guess it

I see you have an opinion?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I also have a password I need to renew. Mine has a combination of numbers, capitals, and a couple of special characters. I'm the only one who knows about this password though so i dont see why i need a new one.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/1
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) so why don't you both just trade passwords since you both need a new one?

& Gohan, I guess in case any sites you have signed up for that may have been hacked have stored your password as plaintext, I guess

oh look a signature

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I've been looking at this strong password generator and just continously refreshing until I get something that I like. Seems to be nice.