36/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    6d 20h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Angry Back To Basics & Story of scammer [Meme's Included]

So recently, I was selling a Rainbow Scorchstone. For SOME REASON, I decided to run off to a couple other forums, and post that I was selling it, along this forum too. Someone said they would buy it, and were offering almost full price. He ran off with it.

I'm a trusting person. I see the good in people. I expect the best. For me, I try to be nothing but good, do no harm to others, treat them as I would like to be treated. It keeps me at ease, and I feel pure with god. And, my heart, like most of yours (you may deny it ) does not sink to the floor when you hear something like the phrase "i have something I need to talk to you about." LOL!

(you need an account to see links)

Well, being a trusting and nice person has paid off until last night. I lost an item worth 35 million NPs. He had it up on the trades lot. He also had about 75-100 million of other things in his trades, so this guy is just a total idiot thinking he is going to get away with it. At this point, I was so pissed that I didn't even care about the "main" that I was using. I didn't have much on it, I was still kinda building it up and training a pet. The only this that pisses me off is that I paid for VIP just to get all-star rank on the AC Cup. Lost that.

I put an offer on the RSS, nothing else. I then proceed to give him a neomail. I just said something like

about 3 forums that you frequent you couldn't transfer all that stuff fast enough before we both go down. If I'm not getting that RSS back (the only thing of value I had in the account), then I'm taking you down with me...accept the damn offer I made and be on with your day.

He takes down his trades lots. I figure, shit! He's transferring his stuff! No. What does this idiot do? You can't even guess. First of all he's practically on a shelll account. You can't just sell an item worth 35M, and expect to get away with it. The BD Chat will tear you a knew one. And an RSS? Have you seen the Defense Magic shop lately? Yeah. r99's do not stock very often there anymore. He puts all his shit up for auction, and at ridiculously low prices.

Ok I'm all %&*^# up and I'm writing way to much about way to little. Long story short, obviously people on the BD Chat are like omg look at this scammer. And all the usual people who bid on illegit stuff, get their bids in. Once I aw the auctions..I just put it out there everywhere that he was supposed to buy the RSS for USD but..forgot to pay me!

So yeah he got iced.

I know I'm making a long story about this. But it's a lesson for you guys.

USE A FUCKING MIDDLEMAN IF YOU DON'T THINK IT'S SAFE!!!!

If you're gonna scam someone be smart. Wait, what am I saying? Scamming people is for fucking losers..

----------------------

So I guess, a week ago (that's what my shield says on the lookup), I had created a bunch of accounts for shop wizard searching. I had chosen a pretty good name, too, and I had ran the YYB AP on it and got past level 10 at least. So I'm starting fresh, from a 1 week account, and going to do it completely legit. I could just load it up with a bunch of pure from a list of actives that I'm securing..but where's the fun? I haven't tried doing everything completely legit in a whileee! I might make a blog out of it or something. I urge you guys to join me

If I wanted to start something like a "track your progress from a newbie account" thread, urging others to join in and track their progress as well, where would I post such a thread?

Last edited by Ebil; 07-04-2013 at 11:56 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebil For This Useful Post:

Magikarp (07-04-2013),Miri (07-04-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    134/0
    Mentioned
    108 times
    Time Online
    7d 20h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Sorry to hear about the scammer but good luck rebuilding! I find it hard to not use programs

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebil View Post

If I wanted to start something like a "track your progress from a newbie account" thread, urging others to join in and track their progress as well, where would I post such a thread?

Neopets Chat or Neopets Guides, I would assume. Whichever it fits under best.
    I might be interested, actually.
    And I'm sorry that happened... ;;

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    This person you were trading with wasn't on ck were they?
    Sorry to hear about the RSS, hopefully that kid at least gets what's coming to him!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    6d 20h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Neopets Chat or Neopets Guides, I would assume. Whichever it fits under best.
    I might be interested, actually.
    And I'm sorry that happened... ;;

Yeah, it would be fun! Nobody steal my idea, and I will set up a thread within the next couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    This person you were trading with wasn't on ck were they?
    Sorry to hear about the RSS, hopefully that kid at least gets what's coming to him!
    No, some idiot on **

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    48d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I'm really sorry that happened, scammers fucking suck. I got scammed on another site as well, it made me really distrustful of people for a while. I still am pretty paranoid honestly. It's sad that people feel the need to do shit like that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    265/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    That's terrible , overall. GoodLuck REBUILDING ! StaySafe Next Time And Watchout!
    Neopoints For Sale : Safest , Purest , Realest ! : Only 2$ / Million : In Stock : 78.396.636 /92.656.022

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Certain other places tend to have higher cases of scammings =/ not to mention any. I'm very happy here, if you are careful and smart you are generally ok

Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    6d 1h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Sorry to hear you were scammed, that's horrible :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    278/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    51d 7h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I'm going to rebuild to, but because I've sold my main. I will join you and chat along the way